Home

Old 07-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #9
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Knockdown Slider

Fistofrage, your heisman sliders are brutal!! You are truly elite if you can play Heisman on the PS2 with the CPU defensive awareness that high. I know you are a better player than me for sure after seeing those (I see myself as an average to above average gamer).

As for the knockdown slider I don't agree that the slider is a DBs instinct but everyone has their own views. I will say that on the PS2 I usually increased the knockdown slider. I had them at 99 for both sides on '06 for sure since the DBs didn't make good plays on the ball. It helped tone down the deep ball. I just find on the PS3 version that the low trajectory of the passes allow the DBs to get their hands on the balls too easily which is why it should be dropped. Also the deep ball is very tough to complete which is another reason I'm dropping it rather than raising it. Either way I want a DB who's beat deep to NOT be able to bat the ball down. With a low knockdown slider it helps with that.
Old 07-25-2007, 04:11 PM   #10
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

This is a hard one to tell as I have been working on this for the last day or so and tested between 50-100. I did not see much of a difference in INTs my defense would get. The main difference and the reason I have decided to leave it at 100 was the passing % for the CPU. It seems to be more realistic at 100 as the completion numbers came down a bit and even in practice I seen more tips or plays on the ball.

I leave it at 50 for the AI INT and Knockdowns as I think it works fine this way. That way you pay for the mistakes you make and can choose to make them or throw the ball away.
Twitter
YouTube
Old 07-25-2007, 04:44 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Fistofrage, your heisman sliders are brutal!! You are truly elite if you can play Heisman on the PS2 with the CPU defensive awareness that high. I know you are a better player than me for sure after seeing those (I see myself as an average to above average gamer).

As for the knockdown slider I don't agree that the slider is a DBs instinct but everyone has their own views. I will say that on the PS2 I usually increased the knockdown slider. I had them at 99 for both sides on '06 for sure since the DBs didn't make good plays on the ball. It helped tone down the deep ball. I just find on the PS3 version that the low trajectory of the passes allow the DBs to get their hands on the balls too easily which is why it should be dropped. Also the deep ball is very tough to complete which is another reason I'm dropping it rather than raising it. Either way I want a DB who's beat deep to NOT be able to bat the ball down. With a low knockdown slider it helps with that.
For Knockdown slider by instinct I mean that the DB is either going to go for the pick or to bat the ball down. If you raise the knockdown slider, he will try to bat the ball as opposed to actually trying to catch it. I see this all the time, with the knockdown slider high, a DB with a clear shot at an interception with no one around him will still try to bat the ball down. Where as if the knockdown is lower, he will put his hands up and go for the catch/pick.

I don't know if I'm an elite gamer. I was playing football games before I could walk. My passion started with electric football for which I had notebooks full of handwritten stats. All I know is that I am a stat freak and I have to do what I have to do to get realistic stats. I don't think I'm better than the next guy, but I often wonder why people can't play Heisman. I follow my blocks and my RB gets his yards, I hit the open man and my QB completes his passes and I score points. I play D straight up. I don't use any gimmicks or money plays. If I play a good game I most likely win against evenly matched teams, if I do stupid things, I'll get crushed. I'll go 9-3,8-4,7-5 with a B rated team. But thats what I like. Every game is tough, but when you knock off a top 10 team its pretty gratifying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2007, 11:01 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

I'm leaning towards high awareness, 50 or lower for knockdowns, and 0 for interceptions for the cpu on my sliders.

My big problem is getting computer completion low without having all their incompletions being interceptions.

I just played a game with average awareness, 100 knockdowns and 0 interceptions and had 4 picks at the half. The bigger problem for me is that the computer went 17 for 22.

It's either the computer picking me apart and my dbs making horrible decisions, or me intercepting everything near me.

I'm hoping that a higher awareness will lead to dbs playing better and then knocking down passes because the int slider is at 0.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:02 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
I'm leaning towards high awareness, 50 or lower for knockdowns, and 0 for interceptions for the cpu on my sliders.

My big problem is getting computer completion low without having all their incompletions being interceptions.

I just played a game with average awareness, 100 knockdowns and 0 interceptions and had 4 picks at the half. The bigger problem for me is that the computer went 17 for 22.

It's either the computer picking me apart and my dbs making horrible decisions, or me intercepting everything near me.

I'm hoping that a higher awareness will lead to dbs playing better and then knocking down passes because the int slider is at 0.
Decrease the QB accuracy and passes will go wide, long, etc. many falling harmlessly to the ground without being tipped.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #14
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Decrease the QB accuracy and passes will go wide, long, etc. many falling harmlessly to the ground without being tipped.
Rudy, I believe you are exactly right. I had been seeing some good games until started using other peoples sliders and then the interceptions came. Yesterday I decided to try and mess with them myself and also turned Knokcdowns to 0. Since then, 1 INT in 3 games. Before that my CB for Wake Forest had 9 through 6 games (3 against FSU). Anyway I hope some of the better slider guys try it because INT by my defeense is the only problem I have seen.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:38 PM   #15
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think defensive awareness determines how good a position a DB gets in when covering a WR. The knockdown slider determines how well they play the ball IF they are in a position to make a play.

With high defensive awareness the DBs will be all over the WRs. Low defensive awareness gives the WRs a cushion to catch the ball. With high knockdowns the DB can "make up ground" on the ball or swat balls that are seemingly out of their reach. With low knockdowns they have to be in very good position in order to make a play on the ball. That's how I view these two sliders working together.
Rudy, this is where I'm having some problems now. I'd like my receivers to have some cushion, but don't want to lower CPU DEF AWA too much because I think it also affects how good the CPU will play the run as well... and my running game is too good for my tastes. I'm gonna try to lower RUN ABI or RUN BLK a notch or two - hopefully, I won't see an increase in FUM by doing so... otherwise, I'm going to move back up to heisman and see what I can do on that level. I want playing offense to be challenging (against high ranked teams), but not impossible. With the exception of my running game (too good), I think I have the game playing pretty well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Rudy, this is where I'm having some problems now. I'd like my receivers to have some cushion, but don't want to lower CPU DEF AWA too much because I think it also affects how good the CPU will play the run as well... and my running game is too good for my tastes. I'm gonna try to lower RUN ABI or RUN BLK a notch or two - hopefully, I won't see an increase in FUM by doing so... otherwise, I'm going to move back up to heisman and see what I can do on that level. I want playing offense to be challenging (against high ranked teams), but not impossible. With the exception of my running game (too good), I think I have the game playing pretty well.
I stink at running right now so I don't have those problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »