Home

Old 07-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #41
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Knockdown Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
It wouldn't be ideal, but it would be better than too many game changing turnovers.
I've also been using INT and KNOCKDOWN at 0 for the last week and it hasn't changed things at all. FYI, I never take control of the DB's on defense. I really think that the problem with CPU int's is unfixable. I also have had awareness at 20 for about a week. I'm getting at least 1 pic-6 per game and I would say that I'm an average gamer at best.

I think my last effort will be AubAlums Heisman "0" sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 08:58 AM   #42
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I've also been using INT and KNOCKDOWN at 0 for the last week and it hasn't changed things at all. FYI, I never take control of the DB's on defense. I really think that the problem with CPU int's is unfixable. I also have had awareness at 20 for about a week. I'm getting at least 1 pic-6 per game and I would say that I'm an average gamer at best.

I think my last effort will be AubAlums Heisman "0" sliders.
They do throw too many and I'm not sure it can be fixed either but it can be minimized to an acceptable level (I think). Defensive awareness is still the most important slider to reduce INTs. I've set my def. awareness, INT and knockdown slider to 0 and the CPU has thrown 4 INTs in my last 4 games while trying this.

Now I do think that the INTs tend to snowball due to the motivation system. I had one game where the LSU QB (who was upper 80's overall) threw 7 INTs against me although my awareness might have been about 20 at the time. Going to 0 for def. awareness isn't going to provide miracles but by bottoming it out, you can't do much else. I do set the CPU QB ACC to 40 to help provide some misfires. Most of the INTs the CPU usually throws are due to a S jumping a route or the QB forcing a ball while rushed and not due to bad accuracy anyways. The CPU doesn't throw as hard at 40 though so the jury is still out.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:26 PM   #43
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Now I do think that the INTs tend to snowball due to the motivation system. I had one game where the LSU QB (who was upper 80's overall) threw 7 INTs against me although my awareness might have been about 20 at the time.
Rudy, I think we had this conversation last year about the momentum factor on the old gen. I just hate when developers try to code logic to these non quantifiable entities....Motivation, Clutch factor, momentum or whatever the term of the day is. I find it does much more harm than good...especially to those of us tinkering with sliders.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #44
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Rudy, I think we had this conversation last year about the momentum factor on the old gen. I just hate when developers try to code logic to these non quantifiable entities....Motivation, Clutch factor, momentum or whatever the term of the day is. I find it does much more harm than good...especially to those of us tinkering with sliders.
I am w/you and Rudy re: this issue......everything is going great, you are having a fun, tough game then you pick off a pass and all you can do is cross your fingers that they try to run the ball the next seires of plays. You KNOW they will toss another one....This is SO frustrating!!!!

Did you notice that there is even a phrase by Corso usually tossed after only one pick:

"He'd better be careful or he'll throw six of these this game if he is not sat down first."

Sadly, after this is uttered you can count on at least one more coming your way unless you play punt defense on the next series.

I have had a lot of success on Heisman but the downside is: once they get hot, you are done....you would kill for a pick, and you can't get one
Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #45
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Yeah but the problem is that the INTs on default are really bad. You should be able to tweak the sliders to the point where it really makes a difference. Like you said, if you had INT at 0 or WR catch at 0, the DBs and WRs should drop 100% of their passes. Conversely, if you had them set at 100 they should never drop passes. Sliders should be exagerated on every level to be that way. That's why I kind of think the 2K5 way of sliders were kind of nice. Every level was basically the same as the sliders were all relative. If you exagerate them a 0=Baby Varsity and 100=Super Heisman.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 06:54 PM   #46
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
......everything is going great, you are having a fun, tough game then you pick off a pass and all you can do is cross your fingers that they try to run the ball the next seires of plays. You KNOW they will toss another one....This is SO frustrating!!!!
So I fire up a game using Jistic's 'default' sliders, and I swear it's the best game I've played so far. Michigan-Notre Dame in the rain, I lead 10-3 at the half, and my TD was on a drive where I managed a 67-yard screen pass. In other words, the game is just nails: lots of punts; really, really tight.

Late third quarter rolls around, score is 13-6. Still the single best game I've played so far, and I'm about ready to jump online and post how awesome the game was.

Not so fast my friend.

I get a pick-6 and take a 20-6 lead. Already that score has me worried that my 'great game' just went out the window.

Ensuing kickoff: fumble, scoop and score. 27-6.

In a matter of mere seconds the game went from a true classic to virtually over.

And, you know, the worst part about it is that if this wasn't the norm, it would be perfectly legit and I'd have no complaints at all. But when 7 of every 10 games have a swing like this ...
Old 08-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #47
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

I've resigned myself to the fact I'm just not a good passer in the game and rather than continue struggling, I'm going to just adjust sliders to make the game easier for me and more offensive friendly overall. I don't see many problems with CPU INTs although I still throw one boneheaded pick-6 almost every game. I'll post the sliders I'm currently having fun with (and still losing with). Since I've struggled with running the ball as well I juice up my run blocking. I struggle at passing and have the cpu def. awareness at 0. Everything else seems to be working pretty good for me. I like the 0's across the board for INTs, knockdowns and def. awareness. With RBA 10 points higher than the tackle ratings you will see broken tackles on both sides. It may be slightly high. I'm not sure if the WR catch should come down a touch. The special teams sliders are good imo although I haven't messed with punt accuracy.

DIFFICULTY AA, 7MIN
PS3

OFFENSE HUM CPU
QB ACC 40 40
PASS BLK 70 25
WR CATCH 45 45
RB ABLTY 60 60
RUN BLK 70 70

DEFENSE HUM CPU
AWR 0 0
KNKDWNS 0 0
INT 0 0
BRK BLK 50 50
TKL 50 50

SP TEAMS HUM CPU
FG LNGTH 25 15
FG ACC 0 40
PNT LNGTH 10 35
PNT ACC 50 50
KO LNGTH 35 50

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 08-19-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:45 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 6

has anyone figured out what awr sliders actually have effect on and what knockdown slider has effect on. Raising which one would actually lead to more user incompletions with out interceptions? I've been playing cpu awr between 60 and 70, knockdowns between 40 and 75, qb accuracy at 45, wr catching at 40 and I throw for between 70 to 75 % completion percentage most of time. It seems like most of my incompletions are mostly int's. This is the only area of the game I'm having trouble with. Everything else has been playing okay. any suggestions?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »