Home

Heisman Sliders by stewaat

This is a discussion on Heisman Sliders by stewaat within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:19 PM   #25
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Heisman Sliders by stewaat

I was just embarrassed by VT 44-10..gave up close to 400 yrds RUSHING. Stupid motivation. Ore's first play he ran one for 70+ yards..He ran for 280 and 4 TDs. He'd brake like 4 tackles per play. Ridiculously overdone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #26
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I was just embarrassed by VT 44-10..gave up close to 400 yrds RUSHING. Stupid motivation. Ore's first play he ran one for 70+ yards..He ran for 280 and 4 TDs. He'd brake like 4 tackles per play. Ridiculously overdone!
It happens. As you can see I got destroyed by Michigan. I couldn't stop the pass. Think about last year when Tennessee embarrassed Cal. Sometimes teams have those days.

On another note, I just beat Michigan State 28-7, with them getting a garbage TD. I notice that the photos after the game are blank and I try to save one to see what it would do and the damn thing freezes.

Note to everybody- Unless photos come up, don't try and save them. Wish I would've known this! Found out the hard and depressing way.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:25 AM   #27
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i can't get pressure on the qb. five games in an only one sack. one! thats it. are you guys having any luck getting sacks.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:00 AM   #28
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i can't get pressure on the qb. five games in an only one sack. one! thats it. are you guys having any luck getting sacks.
Check out the changes on the front page. Pass blocking for the CPU was moved to 100 with Run Blocking. So was HUM Break Block to make all players play at their best.

In the game against Michigan State I just played I had 5 sacks from my D-line.

I'm playing with ND and with their 3-4 defensive base, I rarely get sacks out of that. When I go to the nickel and have 4 down lineman, I have much better pressure. I had 2 sacks in my first 3 games until that 5 sacker. Too bad that game didn't count.

My tips:
Shift your line and make them go towards one way. It's a risk/reward system. Go in the right way and you'll probably stuff the run and have a good shot at breaking through to get pressure. Go the wrong way and you'll get no pressure or give the CPU at least a 5 yard gain unless you make a good tackle with a CB.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:35 AM   #29
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5

Hey stewaat,

I am enjoying your sliders, prob the best one I tried yet, and first time ever
playing on Heisman level, I have a question tho and this is probly not caused
by your sliders, but it seems that my O line can't hold the "D" pressure, and I
get sacked alot, I noticed a lot perfect jumps off the ball by the "D" line. Do
you have any suggestions on how to get around this?

Thanks and keep up the good work
Old 07-28-2007, 09:39 AM   #30
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
Hey stewaat,

I am enjoying your sliders, prob the best one I tried yet, and first time ever
playing on Heisman level, I have a question tho and this is probly not caused
by your sliders, but it seems that my O line can't hold the "D" pressure, and I
get sacked alot, I noticed a lot perfect jumps off the ball by the "D" line. Do
you have any suggestions on how to get around this?

Thanks and keep up the good work
To counter the perfect snaps you have to use the RB in variations. It fakes the snap so you can either draw them offsides, make them not have a good jump, or you might get a false start. That should definitely help.

If you look at the changes I made I moved pass block to 100 for HUM. Despite that they will still get some sacks. The d-line is definitely really good for the CPU this year. I would say if they are coming and you can, throw it away. It's better than risking injury, fumble, and taking a loss of yards.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:49 AM   #31
Rookie

ulua's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
To counter the perfect snaps you have to use the RB in variations. It fakes the snap so you can either draw them offsides, make them not have a good jump, or you might get a false start. That should definitely help.

If you look at the changes I made I moved pass block to 100 for HUM. Despite that they will still get some sacks. The d-line is definitely really good for the CPU this year. I would say if they are coming and you can, throw it away. It's better than risking injury, fumble, and taking a loss of yards.
thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
soce are you getting good pressure on the cpu qb and is the cpu throwing alot of ints.
Yes, I run a 3-4 D and I blitz heavily and typically up the middle. Try to out number the CPU in the center of the offense but be warned that it will make you vulnerable in spots but well worth it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »