Home

Well...I've found my sliders.

This is a discussion on Well...I've found my sliders. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #25
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Well...I've found my sliders.

I'm going to try this with Grisch's adjustments. I am honestly fed up with this pathetic effort by EA this year.

Last night's games:

Ohio State(me) at Miami. OSU fumbles the opening kickoff. Miami recovers. First play from scrimmage is a pick 6 by Malcolm Jenkins. Next kick off was a Miami fumble recovered by OSU and then fumbled back to Miami....I quit after that.

Auburn at Florida(me). Defensive battle for most of the first half until the last two minutes when Cox throws two presents to me. One set up a score and the other was a pick 6....I quit again.

Indiana at Notre Dame(me). Opening kick off the swap fumbles on the same play BS happens again. I get possession and throw a pick (my fault). Indiana goes up 14-0 until late in the first half when Zibikowski gets an early XMAS present and takes it to the house. 14-7. Next possession....pick for ND...I quit again.

You get the idea. On to the next set of sliders. EA should be freaking embarrassed by this s***. I've never been more pi**ed off about a video game ever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2007, 09:45 PM   #26
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I'm going to try this with Grisch's adjustments. I am honestly fed up with this pathetic effort by EA this year.

Last night's games:

Ohio State(me) at Miami. OSU fumbles the opening kickoff. Miami recovers. First play from scrimmage is a pick 6 by Malcolm Jenkins. Next kick off was a Miami fumble recovered by OSU and then fumbled back to Miami....I quit after that.

Auburn at Florida(me). Defensive battle for most of the first half until the last two minutes when Cox throws two presents to me. One set up a score and the other was a pick 6....I quit again.

Indiana at Notre Dame(me). Opening kick off the swap fumbles on the same play BS happens again. I get possession and throw a pick (my fault). Indiana goes up 14-0 until late in the first half when Zibikowski gets an early XMAS present and takes it to the house. 14-7. Next possession....pick for ND...I quit again.

You get the idea. On to the next set of sliders. EA should be freaking embarrassed by this s***. I've never been more pi**ed off about a video game ever.
Pretty much how I feel most of the time. I'm frustrated as all hell. I so want this game to be the best game I ever put my hands on, but it falls well short. The honeymoon is over. I'll still keep playing the hell out of it until I'm numb from all the issues.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:55 PM   #27
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

Last night's games:

Welp, that's my story in a nutshell.

I haven't finished a complete game in over a week. It's so frustrating, I just keep shutting it off. Usually I'm down by 3 TDs in the 2nd Quarter.

There's going to be a guaranteed turnover taken back to the house in the first 3 minutes of the game.

As soon as you get a little momentum, fumble. Got a nice drive going, INT.

I got an INT, started to return it and magically the ball gets stripped from me.

I simply don't have the patience.

Love the game but hate the turnovers. I feel there's a good game in there but the AI logic is SEVERELY screwed up.

I even switched down to Varsity. Said I'll use Michigan and go up against Duke. Same exact story.

I've never shut a game off so many times without completing it in my gaming life.

I'm not upset anymore. I'm pissed the **** off.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:05 PM   #28
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Welp, that's my story in a nutshell.

I haven't finished a complete game in over a week. It's so frustrating, I just keep shutting it off. Usually I'm down by 3 TDs in the 2nd Quarter.

There's going to be a guaranteed turnover taken back to the house in the first 3 minutes of the game.

As soon as you get a little momentum, fumble. Got a nice drive going, INT.

I got an INT, started to return it and magically the ball gets stripped from me.

I simply don't have the patience.

Love the game but hate the turnovers. I feel there's a good game in there but the AI logic is SEVERELY screwed up.

I even switched down to Varsity. Said I'll use Michigan and go up against Duke. Same exact story.

I've never shut a game off so many times without completing it in my gaming life.

I'm not upset anymore. I'm pissed the *earmuffs* off.
The sad thing is that it's pretty close to being a great game IMO. I don't mind my INT's. I usually make a bad throw/read. To fix that I've upped the pass blocking to give me a little more time so I'm not throwing to avoid a sack.

The BIG problem is the CPU int's and the fumbles. How many times in a season do you see two fumbles on the same play? I've seen it in the last three games of NCAA. WTF?! Did they not see this when testing the game?

I've had this game since 7/17 and I've finished 1 game! I average 5 combined TO's in the first half of every game I've played which is enough to make me wanna quit.

I wonder if this can be fixed with a patch?
Old 07-30-2007, 10:27 PM   #29
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

My last resort is to go back to the default sliders.

Every slider adjustments that I've used seem to be unplayable.

I really want to like this game. The default sliders are my last option.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:53 AM   #30
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

OVR: 4

AHH...yeah it's torturous because i've had streaks of great play but in the end i can't finish a game because of something weird. I love recruiting and trying to land players and I've had some really exciting moments but I'm also trying every slider combo possible. No doubt I'm gonna keep trying until I can find some balance...if that can happen before Madden comes out is the question.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:47 AM   #31
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drustrk3
AHH...yeah it's torturous because i've had streaks of great play but in the end i can't finish a game because of something weird. I love recruiting and trying to land players and I've had some really exciting moments but I'm also trying every slider combo possible. No doubt I'm gonna keep trying until I can find some balance...if that can happen before Madden comes out is the question.
I would just go to Heisman default. I don't think I'm good enough to play there yet because my passing is really bad, but I definitely think that once I get better, it will be the best option for gameplay. I've been giving up a lot of points because I throw a lot of interceptions, but I finally played a defensive game today with low amount of points given up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 04:18 AM   #32
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

OVR: 4

yeah, that's what I'm aiming for. It's always one really ugly quarter for me. My offensive skills are not there yet..but mainly I get plastered by the CPU passing game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »