Home

EWRMETS's default Heisman sliders

This is a discussion on EWRMETS's default Heisman sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2007, 09:17 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: EWRMETS's default Heisman sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvickers223
How many minute qtrs do you play? 16 pass attempts seems like few for a team like Mizzou who runs a spread offense.
I play 8 minutes and seem to get a good amount of plays. I really dominated time of possession in this game (opposite of most games I've played) and that probably has to do with the low passing attempts.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:13 AM   #10
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I played a good three quarters (10 minutes) with this a bit ago. I must say, I really like what I saw.

I was down 24-10, but I didn't play well at all.

I still saw some instances where I made the proper read, got rid of the ball in good time, and the throw was totally off resulting in an INT. That's my #1 pet peeve with this game. I mean, seriously, what's worse than seeing a guy wide open, hitting the button, and then seeing the throw be a piece of garbage?

Anyway, other than that, I'm actually really digging this game again. Playing with these settings puts a real emphasis on each play call. I feel like if I make a bad call, it doesn't matter if I 'execute' or not, so I'm putting that much more thought into every play. Makes for some exciting football indeed, and it's that much more rewarding to stop the CPU's offense or pick up a first down. Believe it or not, I was even hoping for INTs - and didn't get any. Felt great.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:12 AM   #11
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated
I played a good three quarters (10 minutes) with this a bit ago. I must say, I really like what I saw.

I was down 24-10, but I didn't play well at all.

I still saw some instances where I made the proper read, got rid of the ball in good time, and the throw was totally off resulting in an INT. That's my #1 pet peeve with this game. I mean, seriously, what's worse than seeing a guy wide open, hitting the button, and then seeing the throw be a piece of garbage?

Anyway, other than that, I'm actually really digging this game again. Playing with these settings puts a real emphasis on each play call. I feel like if I make a bad call, it doesn't matter if I 'execute' or not, so I'm putting that much more thought into every play. Makes for some exciting football indeed, and it's that much more rewarding to stop the CPU's offense or pick up a first down. Believe it or not, I was even hoping for INTs - and didn't get any. Felt great.
How many games did this last for? If youve played multiple games and had an overall better experience, maybe thats the way to go. I know that im on Heisman, have my sliders tweaked off of default a bit (except for CPU running which is jacked up) and i have pretty decent games. My INT's are because i make ridiculous throws and mis-read coverages. The CPU INT's are a result of a # of things, playcalling, impact SS, etc. I dont mind the INT's i throw, but wish that the CPU didnt go 21-24 250 yards with 3 INT, they seem to only throw incompletion that result in an INT.

Keep us posted on what you find
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #12
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
How many games did this last for? If youve played multiple games and had an overall better experience, maybe thats the way to go. I know that im on Heisman, have my sliders tweaked off of default a bit (except for CPU running which is jacked up) and i have pretty decent games.
Well, to answer your question, I only played the one game at default. For my second game, I did make some changes: RBA to 70 for both, tackle to 40 for both, and human QBA to 100. (I'm just still not good enough at passing for anything less at this point.) But I honestly don't see any other changes forthcoming. I really want to test the theory that the AI playcalling is better than in the past, and that our calls are what is determining a lot of what's happening.

Quote:
I dont mind the INT's i throw, but wish that the CPU didnt go 21-24 250 yards with 3 INT, they seem to only throw incompletion that result in an INT.
I haven't seen this sort of thing since I changed up my playcalling scheme (see my INTs thread on the main page). Against KSU (playing GT), their QB was only 12 of 22, 3 TD, 1 INT, and two of the TDs were on plays I screwed up on. Next I played as Air Force against Wisconsin, and they finished 9 of 14 (ran the ball 54 times) without an INT. It might just be a coincidence, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »