Home

Bill Abner's Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Bill Abner's Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2007, 03:18 PM   #9
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Bill Abner's Heisman Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
Anyone try these yet?
I'm going to try these out sometime this afternoon or tonight.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 08-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #10
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
I'm going to try these out sometime this afternoon or tonight.
Post your results / thoughts if you can
Old 08-01-2007, 05:44 PM   #11
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
Post your results / thoughts if you can
Will do.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 01:52 AM   #12
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Just finished a game against West Virginia in the Season Opener of my Auburn Dynasty season 2 using these.

They play pretty good. CPU isn't all powerful moving the ball, makes good decisions, etc.

Pat White went 4-9 before getting hurt, but his backup came in and went 8-10, with me blitzing heavy and him hitting the quick outlets, etc.

The Human Running game may be too strong, as I rushed for over 400 yards on West Virginia's defense. Granted..I have an A+ offense in year 2 and WVU has a B rated defense, but we'll see when I face the LSUs, Georgias, and Tennessees of the world soon enough.

But I do give these sliders the
Old 08-02-2007, 02:10 PM   #13
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

After playing 2 games with these sliders last night, I had only 1 fumble, and that was in the rain. The CPU had only one turn over on a big hit on a kick return.

As for interception, 3 occurred. 2 by me and on by the CPU. I like these sliders.

I agree about the running being too powerful, so I may turn it down a few clicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Just finished a game against West Virginia in the Season Opener of my Auburn Dynasty season 2 using these.

They play pretty good. CPU isn't all powerful moving the ball, makes good decisions, etc.

Pat White went 4-9 before getting hurt, but his backup came in and went 8-10, with me blitzing heavy and him hitting the quick outlets, etc.

The Human Running game may be too strong, as I rushed for over 400 yards on West Virginia's defense. Granted..I have an A+ offense in year 2 and WVU has a B rated defense, but we'll see when I face the LSUs, Georgias, and Tennessees of the world soon enough.

But I do give these sliders the
Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #14
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

These are definitely good sliders minus the user running game. What do you guys think would be a good RBA for user. Im not going to bother the RBK slider. Those of you who have tried these give me some feedback my fellow gamers. We could make these pop off collectively.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #15
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah, human running is a bit high. I've yet to find the sweet spot for that.

I did a lot of testing with these with my Year 2 OSU team, which was loaded with 90+ defenders. I had a 99 OVR CB and a 95 OVR CB on the boundary. They'd pick off at least 5 passes per game on 7 min quarters, and the sliders are a result in trying to fix that.

I think they fix it as best as can be expected -- with a A+ rated defense.

I have yet to find a fix, though, when you play against an average team. I cannot get the CPU to complete less than 65% of its passes, no matter how good or bad they are. When playing USC in the title game, I loved the stat line of 23/35 for 260 2 TD and an INT. (Or something like that)

The following year, a lot of players graduated and left OSU a bit weaker at corner (an 89 and 91 OVR duo..not too shabby but not all world like they were) . I started off the year against Duke, with an 85 rated passer (OVR rating) and a bunch of high 70s rated WRs. I think the Duke QB went something like 24/30 for 310 yards, 2 TD and a pick.

So while I do think the INT problem is better by doing this, I'm still not convinced that a slider set can make QBs less accurate without killing their arm strength (why the two are tied together is anyone's guess), and thus causing INTs to come in bunches.

Editor in Chief Gameshark.Com
http://www.gameshark.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 07:22 PM   #16
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Abner
Yeah, human running is a bit high. I've yet to find the sweet spot for that.

I did a lot of testing with these with my Year 2 OSU team, which was loaded with 90+ defenders. I had a 99 OVR CB and a 95 OVR CB on the boundary. They'd pick off at least 5 passes per game on 7 min quarters, and the sliders are a result in trying to fix that.

I think they fix it as best as can be expected -- with a A+ rated defense.

I have yet to find a fix, though, when you play against an average team. I cannot get the CPU to complete less than 65% of its passes, no matter how good or bad they are. When playing USC in the title game, I loved the stat line of 23/35 for 260 2 TD and an INT. (Or something like that)

The following year, a lot of players graduated and left OSU a bit weaker at corner (an 89 and 91 OVR duo..not too shabby but not all world like they were) . I started off the year against Duke, with an 85 rated passer (OVR rating) and a bunch of high 70s rated WRs. I think the Duke QB went something like 24/30 for 310 yards, 2 TD and a pick.

So while I do think the INT problem is better by doing this, I'm still not convinced that a slider set can make QBs less accurate without killing their arm strength (why the two are tied together is anyone's guess), and thus causing INTs to come in bunches.
Hey Bill, my last game UVA vs Wyoming, my starting running back had a school record 284yds. He is an impact back. But I've had lesser backs in my last couple of games to have 100 plus yards at the half. I am completely against bothering the RBK or PBK for the user because I feel that the OL&DL is what separates the levels of talent in football period. The better teams consistently have bigger and more athletic lineman! The skill positions can be more even. The point is that the cpu lineman dominate on this level pretty much reagardless of the teams. With your sliders I finally feel that the more dominate team has control of the trenches and this is something that really makes the difference. Thus finding a collaborate RBA with the different styles guys play with will give us an average of what people are getting with their style of play. I'm sure this will allow everyone to feel comfortable in their running success. Anyone willing to test with me let me know. I'm going to start with RBA dropped to 55.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »