Home

7 minute Heisman (360)

This is a discussion on 7 minute Heisman (360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #153
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: 7 minute Heisman (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricain
I think that dynasty game play alot different then play now games. Imo.
Exactly right......sadly I enjoy 'dynasty' the most. Outside of the random play-it-now I have not much use for it.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #154
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by itst76
Well post them anyway maybe it was just a fluke game or something. Sometimes people get in the zone maybe that is all it was
A 78 QB and a 62 TE don't get into the zone that much against a pop warner team.

........................................here you go................................................

I will throw these up anyway as maybe someone can get some use of them. I really have no idea how or why these work in the play now format but they have given me great CPU QB games. By GREAT I mean that they play intelligent football:
* checking down ot the flats
* using the TE if you are in cover 2
* exploit mismatches (tall WR , small CB) until you stop it
* great play action ( I played against USC and Booty ran a fake that gave his wideout 15 yds past my corner....I watched it over and over it went so well)
* Adjust quickly to your play calling and throw to the correct routes.

I will say a few things before posting these:
* I was using everything I had posted prior as far as fatigue & penalties and am not sure how much subtle changes will affect it.
* Some of you may know this but I figured it out playing Madden. Your QB will drop and move to the open part of the pocket ON HIS OWN. You just snap, make a quick read for blitzes and for the most part you can then go back to reading the field (quickly). The more I move him, the more I got sacked. If you have not tried this it makes the passing game a lot easier although I know it helps to have a QB w/high AWR. It takes patience and a learning of trust on your o-line but it helps the passing game A LOT if you have not done it. I really feel it is needed to movethe ball with the following set.
* Along those same lines "of things I had not used before." Running the ball, be it RB, QB, WR, TE...you name it. DO NOT. Do not use the turbo with the exception of beating a backer or DE to the sideline on a sweep, or unless you break into the open. Be a patient runner and you will be rewarded with nice animations, holes that are maybe not where the play was supposed to go, fewer fumbles, and the truck stick becomes a lot more fun - as does the stiff arm. Like actual football - be in a "careful hurry." You can see defenders rolling off blickers now and if you are using the sprint button you cannot adjust and if you do not adjust you will not gain yards. I manage to bust a long run each game despite getting stuffed A LOT. You will see that the CPU 'break block' is really up there in this set....What this appears to do is lets the cpu make mistakes - they each have a direction in the play called by the cpu that they are to go (i.e. stunts).....if that coordinates with where you oline wants him to go - boom. a hole to run thru appears and trust me - it is obvious - which is why I say "no sprint" button. Simply "steer" your runner, his attributes will show (if he has them). I like it, and to me that makes the long run more satisfying. I have reversed field and broken long runs which is very fun - I had not done that before trying this method. You will see that I raised HUM running so "normal" speed is useful for this method ) helps on fumbles too).

*Leading your reciever is VERY important (left, right, short, long, low, high - get good at this). You will see. I have also found that remaining "calm" in the pocket by letting your QB find his own "pocket" allows you the chance to put some air under the ball as you can guess his route break instead of running around dodging defenders. Kind of nice (when it works).

As stated before, the great QBs in the game have been throwing between 54-68% against me, and maybe toss 2 picks (I am not sure there is a fix for that). Offense seems to be opened up more and the cpu will run if you cant stop it. For fun I used (my alma mater) NIU @ USC. After one quater it was only 7-3 them, by the end it was 63-17. I could move the ball but I (a) could not move it consistently, and (b) could not stop them once my guys got tired.

I openly ask any of you that if you can somehow transfer these into a working set for dynasty mode - please do so. I am trying right now to get a set that is fun but does not allow the cpu to throw for 80% completions as the "fix" for the INT issue. I am not sure if I can do it but I am trying.

Here you go.....remember, I dont know why these provide results that I like because the sliders dont make sense (worries me that EA has no real idea either). The bad part of that is I dont know how or what to adjust as these are so off the wall.....Good luck and keep me in the loop with findings or ideas. Thanks.

(Heisman/ 7 min) HUM/CPU:

OFFENSE:
40/45
65/0
10/0
70/40
0/0

DEFENSE:
40/75 (yes that is AWR, yes that is 75)
100/90 ("NO" everything you throw is not swatted away - deep is tougher, use p/action after establishing the run and you will be surprised)
0/0
100/90 (again......yes BB is @ 90 for the CPU and HUM RBK is @ zero)
40/10

I know.......those are not transposed numbers.

Humor me and play a bit - let me know what happens as I am only posting these hoping that one of you (since we all want this game fixed) can somehow make it work.

Last edited by arichzona; 09-17-2007 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #155
Rookie

racoon007's Arena

OVR: 2

going to give these a try. Will post results
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »