Home

Soce's 360 Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Soce's 360 Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2007, 07:12 AM   #73
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Soce's 360 Heisman Sliders

Just made a tweak to aid in CPU pass rush. Upped Human break block and CPU run block. The HUMAN break block aids in getting pressure on the CPU QB. Test these and let me know what you think.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:18 AM   #74
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by soce
Just made a tweak to aid in CPU pass rush. Upped Human break block and CPU run block. The HUMAN break block aids in getting pressure on the CPU QB. Test these and let me know what you think.
Ill be on the road in about 2 hours so i wont be able to test until the weekend (stupid business trip). We're pretty close on all our sliders now, with the big differences being WR catching (HUM), Def AWR (HUM), and Break Block (CPU). Are you having luck with these? Any stats?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:13 AM   #75
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Ill be on the road in about 2 hours so i wont be able to test until the weekend (stupid business trip). We're pretty close on all our sliders now, with the big differences being WR catching (HUM), Def AWR (HUM), and Break Block (CPU). Are you having luck with these? Any stats?
Well get your *** home and help me test these!!! LOL. Have a good trip. Here is an explanation why I am at where I am with the bigger differences.

WR Catching (HUM): I wanted to occasionally see drops but I am going to move it up to 60 and see if it makes them more aggressive and helps to stop CPU DB warping. At the 40 that I use I still don't see a ton of drops and my completion percentage is good. I will try your value however and if it helps to stop "cheating INTs" I will use it.

Def AWR (HUM): This I believe is a MUST in order to help the HUM D in zone coverage. Even at this lofted value my guys still do NOT play D like the CPU does in zone and I just don't get why. Since I have CPU Run blocking cranked up I don't see it hindering their performance. In fact, I really like it because my guys seem to take better angles at making tackles as well.

Break Block (CPU): Lowering this really, really, really helps in the running game and passing games with blocking. The CPU on heisman gets WAY too big of a boost in the trenches. I use OSU who has mainly all 90+ O-linemen and without lowering this value they are consistently getting their butts whooped no matter who I play which is just ridiculous. I want to be able to run the football as long as I have as many blockers as they do runners. Without lowering CPU break block it seems that someone on the CPU will break away and stop me cold most of the time. Also, lowering this value makes a JUMP SNAP not an automatic loss of yards.

Break Block (HUMAN): This is how you get pressure on the CPU QB Just make sure to jack up CPU run block so they can still run the ball.

Give these a go, I am really liking what I am seeing. I am man handling lower teams up front but when I play USC, I am yet to be in the ball game by half time. They just have too damn much speed for me to do much of anything. I try to hang in there but they eventually make the play on me and then get the momentum and its bye-bye. Unless I play them and win the turnover battle by +2 or +3 they are impossible to beat with OSU and my stick skills. Remember I have house rules.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 09:22 AM   #76
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Quote:
Well get your *** home and help me test these!!! LOL. Have a good trip. Here is an explanation why I am at where I am with the bigger differences.

WR Catching (HUM): I wanted to occasionally see drops but I am going to move it up to 60 and see if it makes them more aggressive and helps to stop CPU DB warping. At the 40 that I use I still don't see a ton of drops and my completion percentage is good. I will try your value however and if it helps to stop "cheating INTs" I will use it.

Def AWR (HUM): This I believe is a MUST in order to help the HUM D in zone coverage. Even at this lofted value my guys still do NOT play D like the CPU does in zone and I just don't get why. Since I have CPU Run blocking cranked up I don't see it hindering their performance. In fact, I really like it because my guys seem to take better angles at making tackles as well.

Break Block (CPU): Lowering this really, really, really helps in the running game and passing games with blocking. The CPU on heisman gets WAY too big of a boost in the trenches. I use OSU who has mainly all 90+ O-linemen and without lowering this value they are consistently getting their butts whooped no matter who I play which is just ridiculous. I want to be able to run the football as long as I have as many blockers as they do runners. Without lowering CPU break block it seems that someone on the CPU will break away and stop me cold most of the time. Also, lowering this value makes a JUMP SNAP not an automatic loss of yards.

Break Block (HUMAN): This is how you get pressure on the CPU QB Just make sure to jack up CPU run block so they can still run the ball.

Give these a go, I am really liking what I am seeing. I am man handling lower teams up front but when I play USC, I am yet to be in the ball game by half time. They just have too damn much speed for me to do much of anything. I try to hang in there but they eventually make the play on me and then get the momentum and its bye-bye. Unless I play them and win the turnover battle by +2 or +3 they are impossible to beat with OSU and my stick skills. Remember I have house rules.
I thought about taking the 360 with me, but there'd be no time for me to play, such is the life i guess. The WR Catching might lessen the cheap INT's a bit, but i dont know that its enough of a difference. I still see the FB and backup TE drop passes and another 2-3 a game, but we can see how it works.

The Def (HUM) AWR - the only reason i didnt jack this up higher was to me (and i could be wrong) it seemed the higher it went, the faster my guys reacted to a run/pass play. I was shutting down the run like there was no tomorrow with it higher. I wanted my weaker DB's to bite on PA and have a harder time reading the play. I might up mine a click, but want my bad D to play like a bad D.

The two Break Block sliders. Mine is going up a click for sure, but theres is staying the same. Again, playing with a junk team, i give up a few sacks, but its due to me, not my O line. I want my mediocre O line to play as such. Trust me, nothing is more frustrating than a sack on 3rd and 3 bc i roll out or my O line gives up a sack, makes me curse up a storm.

When i play better teams, the key i have is to control clock, and play to your strengths (for you, get the Wells brothers involved and try not to let Boeckman be throwing 30+ times a game, hes awful). I would run a ton, then throw in a PA pass on 2nd and 4 or less, make sure you have at least one deep route, and one outlet route. Run out of all formations. Im sure you know all that. But to me, thats how the game should be. Unless you play great and do all the little things right, or they screw up, USC is gunna win. How would a USC/OSU game play out this year? Prolly with OSU controlling the clock and trying to play a 17-14 game, maybe 21-20 and making a play at the end, just like the Craig Krenzel days.....

Ill test as soon as i can, but like i said, youll have way more games under your belt than i will. Post stats and impressions when you can, give me something to read on the road.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:35 AM   #77
MVP

Okay, looks like it is going to rain all day here today so I will have time after work to play. I might even try to sneak a full game in at lunch. I will take OSU, who should I play?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:52 AM   #78
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

Quote:
Okay, looks like it is going to rain all day here today so I will have time after work to play. I might even try to sneak a full game in at lunch. I will take OSU, who should I play?
I would say, over the course of a day, with no changes, play a crap team like Kent State or MTSU to see if you dominate them on both sides (your D should kill them) and you should win by 3 TD's or so. They try Penn State or Arkansas, an equal team (maybe try a run team to see what their #'s look like). This game should go to whoever wins the TO battle and makes the most big plays. And if all is well, try Michigan or LSU. You should be able to hang around in that game, or keep it close.

I can handle being beat by a USC, so start out with an even or worse team to see if all is in line there....
Old 08-07-2007, 09:57 AM   #79
MVP

Quote:
I would say, over the course of a day, with no changes, play a crap team like Kent State or MTSU to see if you dominate them on both sides (your D should kill them) and you should win by 3 TD's or so. They try Penn State or Arkansas, an equal team (maybe try a run team to see what their #'s look like). This game should go to whoever wins the TO battle and makes the most big plays. And if all is well, try Michigan or LSU. You should be able to hang around in that game, or keep it close.

I can handle being beat by a USC, so start out with an even or worse team to see if all is in line there....
yeah, there is NO WAY i can beat USC with OSU. if you look at OSU's roster there isn't a lot of team speed. I would have a better chance with Florida or even Penn St. In this game you need speed to make big plays which i think is really cool. i win with OSU by trying to put together long slow drives.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:00 AM   #80
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Alright, didnt get to play a game tonight, but i pulled my sliders off. Now to those who havent been following along post for post (like i have), here are some stats if you dont wanna read back a few pages.

I play as Indiana University (3 star)
10 min quarters - Heisman
Im 2-3 with wins against FCS Midwest at home and Minnesota at home. Losses away at Western Michigan, Iowa and Illinois (Illinois may have been a home game, i forget).
Oppsoing QB's are averaging 61% completion against me, with a high of 63 or 64%. Im averaging 2.2 picks a game, but one bad game skewed those totals (Illinois brought in their crappy backup who enjoyed throwing it to my secondary). Take away that one game and i average 1.3 picks a game
approx 1 fumble per team per game
Given up anywhere from 34 yards rushing to 178 yards.
Averaging 2.7 sacks a game and giving up more (mainly my fault for rolling out or trying to keep a play alive).
I cant think of any other stats, but if you wanna know more, ask me and i will find out......now onto the sliders.

Offense (HUM/CPU)
QB Accuracy: 55/20
Pass Blocking: 60/20
WR Catching: 60/40
RB Ability: 60/60
Run Blocking: 70/80 (Soce has this at 65/65 i believe. Im playing with a poor team so it might be a bit high if you play with Arkansas or someone, but the only "good" RB i played was ALbert Young of Iowa who had an above average day.

Defense (HUM/CPU)
Awareness: 45/35
Knockdowns: 30/0
Interceptions: 0/0
Break Block: 40/35
Tackling: 85/60 (will be based on CPU running back ability)

Special Teams
FG Power 25/15
FG Acc 15/10 (i miss and they miss)
Punt Length 30/25
Punt Acc 40/60
Kickoff length 45/45

There are by no means perfect for everyone, but ive enjoyed them. Im 2-3 and while i normally play with FSU, this is the first time since i can remember that ive been under .500 at any point in the season (it might just be IU though). Feel free to leave any questions or comments.
Soce,
Are you using these also?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »