Home

Heisman Sliders (PS2)

This is a discussion on Heisman Sliders (PS2) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2007, 12:40 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Heisman Sliders (PS2)

I think that these sliders are great and I have a couple of questions, but first off let me start by saying this....
I just put the sliders in then I went to test them. I was Va Tech and I was playing against Oklahoma. I was ting the passing game. Glennon was 18-22 with 326 yards and 4 TD's. On the other hand..my run game was SHUT DOWN. Everytime I tried to run, i mean I tried everything from outside to between the tackles and nothing would work. Brandon Ore had 20 carries for 32 yards (yes I know that is horrific). My defense was pretty sound in stopping the run, and sometimes the pass. OU ran the ball the majority of the time with Allen Patrick having 32 carries for 75 yards. I stuffed the run most of the game. I would usually put one of my defensive ends in a QB contain zone and then have Vince Hall Or Xavier Adibi blitz. The other that didn't blitz would just spy. As for the passing game on OU's side, their QB was 15-22 with 182 yards. He was very efficient when he threw the ball, but he really didn't throw deep. The only thing that I think I should change to make the game almost perfect was my run game. It was horrible and that might be it. Does anybody have any tips on what i should do to tweak the sliders?
Old 08-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilbertArenasWizards0
I think that these sliders are great and I have a couple of questions, but first off let me start by saying this....
I just put the sliders in then I went to test them. I was Va Tech and I was playing against Oklahoma. I was ting the passing game. Glennon was 18-22 with 326 yards and 4 TD's. On the other hand..my run game was SHUT DOWN. Everytime I tried to run, i mean I tried everything from outside to between the tackles and nothing would work. Brandon Ore had 20 carries for 32 yards (yes I know that is horrific). My defense was pretty sound in stopping the run, and sometimes the pass. OU ran the ball the majority of the time with Allen Patrick having 32 carries for 75 yards. I stuffed the run most of the game. I would usually put one of my defensive ends in a QB contain zone and then have Vince Hall Or Xavier Adibi blitz. The other that didn't blitz would just spy. As for the passing game on OU's side, their QB was 15-22 with 182 yards. He was very efficient when he threw the ball, but he really didn't throw deep. The only thing that I think I should change to make the game almost perfect was my run game. It was horrible and that might be it. Does anybody have any tips on what i should do to tweak the sliders?

Honestly I do not think you need to change your run game. Oklahoma has probably the best overall defense in this whole game. They are so stout, try to use motion and line shifts to get more running lanes. But you are right each player has a different style. I'm happy I can provide a solid foundation for you games. If you want to make the passing harder I would do this.... put QB acc at 30 (still can throw deep) and increase the knockdown slider for the CPU.

Thanks for the input
Old 08-12-2007, 11:55 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Honestly I do not think you need to change your run game. Oklahoma has probably the best overall defense in this whole game. They are so stout, try to use motion and line shifts to get more running lanes. But you are right each player has a different style. I'm happy I can provide a solid foundation for you games. If you want to make the passing harder I would do this.... put QB acc at 30 (still can throw deep) and increase the knockdown slider for the CPU.

Thanks for the input

Ok thanks for the tips. I never really tried using the offensive line shift for running. How does that work? Like if your running to the left/outside would u shift the line left? and same for if u were running to the left inside? If you pinch the line would it force you to go outside? And the QB acc I will change and I will also increase the CPU knockdown slider. Also, have you changed anything in your sliders that you posted before?
Old 08-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #20
MVP

I have changed a couple things but I am not going to post them yet, they are still testing. I try to test sliders for many games and not just rush to decisions, its about the whole body of work.

Also, the slide protection is simple and I use it on every play. I just pinch my oline if i'm running inside, and left/right if it is an outside run. I spread the line for draws and pass plays.

Use motion to try and set up your runs so that the defenders are not stacked to the strong side... meaning get as few defenders in the box on the same side as the TE, also use the flip run feature, its quick and is very effective.
Old 08-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #21
Rookie

Also do you have any tips from running through the shotgun formation? I use my own playbook (which is Florida's playbook with a few tweaks). The only running play I see to find effective is when I get in the Slot F-Tight formation or w.e it is (its the formation with all the QB runs for Tebow). I usually put Percy Harvin as a backup QB and let him take the snap and usually him or Tebow either get 4-7 yards on that play, but I want to gain yards with my RB also. I mean there is HB Direct but I dont want to use that over and over. I have two non-shotgun formations in Strong Normal and Ace Slot. What I really need though is some tips for running out of the shotgun.

Last edited by GilbertArenasWizards0; 08-12-2007 at 08:01 PM. Reason: I wanted to say something different
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2007, 09:27 PM   #22
MVP

Every shotgun running play can work. I'd recommend, speed option, qb option(hold X and slide protection for RB), HB Zone (slide protect), and QB Power are my favorite plays. Oh and triple option as well. You can always hold X and give to the running back on PS2 even if its a PA.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #23
Rookie

Ok thanks. I changed up my playbook a bit. It's still Florida's playbook though. I put a few more run formations (like ace,strong I, and weak I). It seems to be working well for me.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:52 AM   #24
MVP

Finally got in another game...

LSU: 27
Kent:10

Throughly beat down, with 5 turnovers, 2 of which went back for scores. I knocked Flynn out in the first half and he was 1/9 with 1 INT. Perriloux comes in and they start running the ball like crazy and ice the whole second half with 2 TD runs. Kinda expected this result, after pulling off some upsets it was nice to see me get handed a bad loss

At least the schedule gets easier... oh wait #1 Florida next.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »