Home

Jay's Realism Sliders for All-American (TESTED X360)

This is a discussion on Jay's Realism Sliders for All-American (TESTED X360) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2007, 02:08 PM   #9
Rookie

itst76's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Jay's Realism Sliders for All-American (TESTED X360)

I played another game last night but was tired so didnt post.
But I played Ill (me) vs Michigan
wanted to see how the 100 RB worked against a good defense
I couldnt do anything running

Mendenhall ran 2-7 before he got hurt
W Mendenhall ran 10-43 i had a long of 12 but could never get it going
Juice had 9-38

Like i said it felt like UM run D they were in the back field at hand off

cant remember my passing stats right off hand it was something like 26-39 for 270 1 INT
that was at the end of the game when I forcing trying to get a score with like 3 min left

was sacked 7 times. I was not prepared for how fast they were, 6 were in first half I adjusted with screens and short routes to get away form the rush. ended up working i had a Playaction and safties bit and corner was in cover 2 hit warren for a 48yard gain

warren was the leader with 5-89
back had 8-67
like i said i was running alot of screens trying to get something going

Defense
I couldnt really do anything with them to slow them down
they did throw incompletions which i like
hart busted an 80 on me he had 24-176 2 td
and 3 catches for 43

MM had 7-96 1 td
and the others WR had decent game

I liked what i saw with henne
he was around 57% only 2 INT 1 was first pass he threw i sent thouse first play and FS got it
the other i was simming to get the game over with and it said my DE got it so do sure how accurate that was but only 1 when i was actually playing.

Final was 27-3

Like I said I was tired so i didnt post my numbers then
hope it helps
Old 08-09-2007, 04:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

OVR: 4

I will give these a shot when I get home. They don't look challenging enough for me.

So far, Playmaker's sliders have been extremely challenging for me. Also, I used mudtiger's varsity sliders but I think I would win every game I play on those. My team is sort of a powerhouse but I don't want to be undefeated year in, year out.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #11
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpTiOnMaStA
I will give these a shot when I get home. They don't look challenging enough for me.

So far, Playmaker's sliders have been extremely challenging for me. Also, I used mudtiger's varsity sliders but I think I would win every game I play on those. My team is sort of a powerhouse but I don't want to be undefeated year in, year out.
I figured that I would never be able to set the pass blocking so high and get real results. The fact is, even with the slider at 85 or so, I got sacked 9 times by EASTERN Michigan. That's not realistic using Michigan.

If you use a good team, obviously you should do well against sub-par teams, and I feel that is represented well here. Against other elite teams, you can really feel that the sliders play well.

Give them a shot, they are tweakable quite easily if you have inaccuracies somewhere, and I'll be happy to help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 04:44 PM   #12
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

Nice, well I think here is my entrance to the slider arena.

I'll play them and let you know what I think. I play on AA 7 minute quarters with UGA. I'm a 7 years into my dynasty or something like that, so I am not using the default team or anything.

I will let you know about any tweaks, etc. that I make on them. Hopefully we'll come up with a good set and I won't reinvent the wheel here.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:46 PM   #13
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Nice, well I think here is my entrance to the slider arena.

I'll play them and let you know what I think. I play on AA 7 minute quarters with UGA. I'm a 7 years into my dynasty or something like that, so I am not using the default team or anything.

I will let you know about any tweaks, etc. that I make on them. Hopefully we'll come up with a good set and I won't reinvent the wheel here.
Appreciate your testing. Most of my testing came using Michigan vs. USC so everything was A+'s across the board, and then did a fair amount of testing with Eastern Michigan. I'm thinking I'm going back to 35 KD and 5 INT instead of the 40 I have posted, I liked the break on the ball a lot better. See what you think.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:34 PM   #14
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

Ok, so after a game of these sliders I have formed (somewhat) an impression.

First off I played UGA vs. Michigan. In the beginning of the game, I felt like these were going to make the game really easy for me. I scored a safety and drove down the field twice only to miss field goals. My kicker isn't that bad, I think it was my poor stick skills with the kicking meter.

After a while, however, my passing game faltered. I threw 4 interceptions this game. The first one was a great jump by the DB. I threw a hook route and the DB just jumped my WR. It happens, so I wasn't worried. The next 2 interceptions I threw my WRs didn't make any sort of play on the ball. The first was a bad throw by me - I just threw a second too late. This one came in the red zone, so it hurt particularly bad. The next two were pretty sketchy, though.

My QB made a lot of poor throws this game. I actually only completed 38% of my passes. His accuracy is an 89. He is a 94 overall.

Michigan blitzed me relentlessly. Their DL is outstanding, and I was sacked 9 times during the game. My QB had a rough day to say the least. The most frustrating thing was that I was unable to actually make them pay for it. I only made 1 interception and that came on a trick play where their WR was actually the person making the pass. I got a whopping 1 sack against them.

My WRs dropped a ton of passes this game, and my QB made some really bad throws. Overall though I liked the feel of the game for the most part. I should have probably won this game, but I didn't. I lost 27-22. That's the breaks I guess.

*****The one recommendation I have is to change the knockdown and interception sliders in light of the fact that they are switched around*****
Old 08-10-2007, 01:00 AM   #15
Rookie

OpTiOnMaStA's Arena

So I played another game with the sliders you created. I was going up against B rated South Carolina with my A- UGA squad.

I won 42-0. Mostly, I ran the ball. My QB only had 150 yards passing but he did have 2 TDs. My red zone offense was amazing; my 2nd string RB had 3 rushing TDs and one of the receiving TDs too.

I had an INT that I returned for a TD. I believe the CPU threw multiple interceptions, but not more than 2. They did fumble once or twice too.

I really got after their QB. They didn't sack me once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #16
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

Quote:
Ok, so after a game of these sliders I have formed (somewhat) an impression.

First off I played UGA vs. Michigan. In the beginning of the game, I felt like these were going to make the game really easy for me. I scored a safety and drove down the field twice only to miss field goals. My kicker isn't that bad, I think it was my poor stick skills with the kicking meter.

After a while, however, my passing game faltered. I threw 4 interceptions this game. The first one was a great jump by the DB. I threw a hook route and the DB just jumped my WR. It happens, so I wasn't worried. The next 2 interceptions I threw my WRs didn't make any sort of play on the ball. The first was a bad throw by me - I just threw a second too late. This one came in the red zone, so it hurt particularly bad. The next two were pretty sketchy, though.

My QB made a lot of poor throws this game. I actually only completed 38% of my passes. His accuracy is an 89. He is a 94 overall.

Michigan blitzed me relentlessly. Their DL is outstanding, and I was sacked 9 times during the game. My QB had a rough day to say the least. The most frustrating thing was that I was unable to actually make them pay for it. I only made 1 interception and that came on a trick play where their WR was actually the person making the pass. I got a whopping 1 sack against them.

My WRs dropped a ton of passes this game, and my QB made some really bad throws. Overall though I liked the feel of the game for the most part. I should have probably won this game, but I didn't. I lost 27-22. That's the breaks I guess.

*****The one recommendation I have is to change the knockdown and interception sliders in light of the fact that they are switched around*****
I appreciate the amount of feedback. What I've found is that the INT/KD sliders aren't switched - at least not in my experience. While I do throw INT's, I find that most of them are my fault. The "sketchy" ones I just chalk up to DB's making plays.

While I do see your low completion percentage, I'd definitely like to see more games before I go switching anything, at least in the base slider set. I see that you won the next game 42-0 against a weaker team, so it appears that you are getting balance of some type - with hard games being hard, and easier games showing up easier.

Obviously, these are still a work in progress, but at least people are having quality games with them. I appreciate your testing these!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »