Home

NCAA Football 06 on Xbox 360!

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 06 on Xbox 360! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2007, 10:55 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 06 on Xbox 360!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
Yeah, you need to get on XBL to download an update.
im on it but it doesnt auto update, where is the update to dl at?
Old 10-08-2007, 12:19 PM   #10
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

The update should dl automatically when you put in NCAA 06.

Are any of you playing this on the 360 now? The game plays very slow. It's like slow motion during the play, but everything else is fine. I've tried it on play now and dynasty and it's extremely slow. However, when I play practice mode it's fine.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:19 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

odd it doesnt autoupdate...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #12
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Are any of you playing this on the 360 now? The game plays very slow. It's like slow motion during the play, but everything else is fine. I've tried it on play now and dynasty and it's extremely slow. However, when I play practice mode it's fine.
I'm trying to play the XBox 06 version on the 360 in BC mode, but you're right - the play is like it's in slow motion. I can't really get into it because of this. I may try setting my 360's output to 480p, and see if that helps speed it up to something believable.

The game looks absolutely gorgeous in widescreen 720p (yes, it does stretch to widescreen in BC mode). It's wonderful to have those exquisite camera options that the XBox version features, not to mention the professionally done "TV Broadcast" presentation for CPU Vs CPU games. The gameplay of the XBox version still kicks the 360 version in the butt, IMO. You can actually lob flair passes, and drop crossing route passes over the linebackers by putting some loft under the ball.

I'll try the Xbox version of 06 in 480p widescreen on my 360 in BC mode to see if that helps with the gamespeed... sort of have a hunch that it won't.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:55 AM   #13
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Back with a report... switching the res to 480p on the 360 doesn't do a thing to the gamespeed. It still feels like I'm playing underwater. It's a shame that this game can't flow at a decent speed - it looks fantastic at 720p (and suprisingly bad at 480p!). I guess I'll play the rest of my 2007 football on the XBox with NCAA 2006. The gameplay is fantastic!
Old 10-13-2007, 07:22 AM   #14
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

I agree, the game is pretty much worthless on the 360. The gameplay is unacceptable due to the slowness of the game. At least I still have my original xbox to plug in.
Old 09-18-2016, 03:41 AM   #15
Rookie

binga30's Arena

OVR: 0

Can anyone tell me if the slow gameplay issue was resolved?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »