Home

Matt10's AA Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's AA Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:02 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Matt10's AA Sliders

Thanks
Old 01-03-2008, 01:55 AM   #58
Rookie

Well finished off my regular season with a butt kicking. I couldn't get anything going against TCU. It sucks because it was for the conference title. They just kept putting eight in the box and they had a impact DE and an impact LB. My starting back was out and I couldn't get anything going on ground. I tried to spread them out and there was just too much pressure. The only thing I could do was hot route fades to the singled up outside receivers and let it go deep. That cost me three picks returned for TDs. That was the difference in the game I lost 37-17. Take away 21 points on interception returns and I win by one. My defense actually played fairly well.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:27 AM   #59
Rookie

I won't tell you about every game I play but I finished my season winning the poinsetta bowl. It was an ugly game but the interesting thing was I wasn't the only one struggling. The CPU threw 7 ints and I returned 5 for TDs and a Fumble for another. I was really pressuring the qb although I only got one sack, the picks were mostly on throws were he was moving backward. It seems rather than take a sack he just throws the ball. Most of the time for completions but some for picks.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:09 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Bus - that is a lot of picks, and sadly it's something I have seen a bit of in my BYU report - hence the reason for some slight slider modifications. I worked on them again last night and I think I'm on the brink of something.

It seems that setting pass block to 0 for the CPU does the complete opposite of what we want in matters of pressure to the QB and the QB's accuracy or tendency to throw picks. I've noticed it is hard to get a sack because the QB will just prefer to throw the ball up for picks rather than take a sack - as we all know the opposite of such is recommended.

I'm not at home at the moment, but I do recall I made the following changes.

CPU/HUM PBK - from 0 to 50 - the reason is because 0 does not make it easier to get to the QB, it makes it harder. There are values about 0 that make this number represent a 'default' rather than 'lower'. I think the true difference to see 0 is in regards to RBA, QB ACC and AWR.

Tackle (both) - from 5 to 30 - I think the reason so many picks are being run back is because the tackling (which I believe is accompanied silently with defensive pursuit) is poor by offensive players when the ball is picked - I think this could make a significant difference.

Defensive Break Block (both) - change to 20 - The running game needs to be better with teams that have a good front line, I found that this does not affect pass blocking, so it doesn't ruin the change on passblocking.

Awareness (HUM) - change to 15 - This is more for the running game than anything else. I've seen some good gains from teams with a good front line, and the linebackers do not automatically shed their blocks so easily. Defending the pass does not seem to be affected at all - which is odd, but I'll take it.

Try these modifications when you get the chance - I want to test some more when I get home, but that wont be for another 5 hours. I did not make as much drastic changes like the set before, I'm hoping that these slight tweaks can spark a more even balanced game. I have some doubts, but I'm looking forward to play a couple of games.

Last edited by Matt10; 01-03-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:50 PM   #61
Rookie

I only had time to play these updated sliders for about 1 quarter. I was SDSU vs. Air Force. It did seem that I was able to get more pressure on the qb but I picked off 3 of their first 6 passes and they weren't really able to run the ball. So, although I didn't get to play too long but it didn't look good. Thought your other ones were close. I think I may tinker a little with those. I will post my ideas later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2008, 09:48 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bus
I only had time to play these updated sliders for about 1 quarter. I was SDSU vs. Air Force. It did seem that I was able to get more pressure on the qb but I picked off 3 of their first 6 passes and they weren't really able to run the ball. So, although I didn't get to play too long but it didn't look good. Thought your other ones were close. I think I may tinker a little with those. I will post my ideas later.

Thanks for trying them. I also played a game. It was a good one between me, K-state, and ISU, 17-10 into the fourth quarter, then I picked one off for six. There was really no running game for either team - it was a bit of a disappointment because I thought I was on track. I'm going to go back to the drawing board and see what happens. Also going to bump up from 8 to 9 mins.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:19 PM   #63
Rookie

Here is the set I am working on. I tried to keep the changes small so I can see the effects. I played a game against Air Force. They jumped up on me 28-0 but I battle back before finally losing 38-31. Early in the game they were able to run the option attack fairly well and take advantage of me with the passing game when I tried to blitz to stop the run. The second half the came out throwing rather than running probably because they threw three TDs in the first half. AF QB finished with 198yds 4TD and 2 int (Picks came with pressure) I even had two sacks. They were kind of cool because you could tell he couldn't find anyone and rather than throw it he tried to scramble and just took the sack. Running wise, once again they seemed to abandon it in the second half until the end of the game and I had real trouble stopping it. The stats don't really show it as they had like 65 yards on like 15 carries but that's four yards a carry not bad. They did have a bunch of broken tackles but I think that is the one unrealistic stat (necessary evil) that we will have to live with if we want an effective running game.

I made a few more changes after the game to address what I saw. Bumped up the RB ability for CPU (+5) and moved down tackle (-5 both) and bumped up hum run block (+5).

My theory on these latest sliders were as follows:

CPU passing-
Keep the QB Acc. fairly high and increase the pass blocking. To limit ints. (might need to increase acc. again +5?)

Lower CPU WR catch to create some incompletions and keep CPU completion % realistic.

CPU Running
Increase Run blocking and decrease Human break block

Human Running-
Increase Human run blocking and decrease CPU break block.

Hum/ CPU

Qb Acc 30/45
Pass Blk 10/35
WR CTCH 10/15
RB Ability 20/25
Run Blk 95/100

AWR 30/30
KDown 50/0
INT 0/0
BB 25/20
TkL- 0/0

Special Teams Remain the Same

I think these are really close to being good.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #64
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

i tried out these sliders(the ones on post 52) for 2 games of my MTSU dynasty(in 5th year and in the SEC now). the first one wasnt any competition, but it was North Texas(rival). the next one was against Georgia and became the battle of the injured as both teams combined had 8 players injured and not able to play in this game. both team missing their starting QB, i was also missing my starting RB.

the game was a good defensive battle. Georgia scored first, 7-0. Georgia threw 2 picks in the 1st half, both to my 4th year starter senior CB(his first 2 of the year), one went for a TD(23 yarder) the other didnt matter as i fumbled it back to them later that drive.

i was able to score 17 unanswered points in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. i stopped Georgia twice on downs in the 4th when they were in the red zone. and with 2 minutes to go in the 4th, Georgia scored a TD to make it 17-14. they tried an onside kick but i recovered and ran out the clock(they used their TOs on offense). Most of the Georgia yards came in the 4th quarter.

Score Summery - #12 Georgia(5-1) At #24 Mid Tenn State(6-0)(first half of season was very weak)
-------------1st------2nd-----3rd-----4th-----final
Georgia-------7--------0-------0-------7-------14
MTSU--------0--------10------7-------0-------17

---------------------------UGA-----MTSU
1st Downs-----------------13---------10
Total Offense-------------290--------149(cant remember when i was held to this low)
Rushes-Yards-TD---------25-53-1----32-84-0
Comp-Att-TD-------------20-27-1-----8-14-1
Passing Yards------------237---------65
Turnovers-----------------2-----------1
Fumbles lost--------------0------------1
INTs---------------------2-------------0
Punts/Average----------4-33---------6-38.5(3 of the 6 were inside the 10 yard line!)
T.O.P.----------------17:03-----------15:01
Sacks-------------------1-------------5

only bad thing was neither team could run the ball(most likely due to the fact the starting RBs was either injured before the game or in the case of Georgia, injured in the game).

Edit: i figured i would add the Teams ratings to compare better.
Georgia B+ OVR, B+ OFF, B Def.
MTSU B+ OVR, B OFF, B+ Def.

bad news for me is that the last 5 games are against teams with winning records, 3 of which are ranked, damn SEC.

Edit # 2: forgot to add sacks.

Last edited by Solidice; 01-04-2008 at 12:35 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »