Home

Matt10's AA Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's AA Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Matt10's AA Sliders

Solidice:

If you read through the posts you will see some of the efforts we have made to try and increase the running game and lessen the interceptions. If you have time give the sliders mentioned in two posts above a try as I think it well help to improve both the human and the cpu run game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #66
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bus
Solidice:

If you read through the posts you will see some of the efforts we have made to try and increase the running game and lessen the interceptions. If you have time give the sliders mentioned in two posts above a try as I think it well help to improve both the human and the cpu run game.
i saw them, but i had already started the Georgia game and i dont really like changing things during the game. but i have already made the adjustments and hope to survive my last 5 games. lol, at least i got my 7th win and basically clinched a bowl game.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:56 PM   #67
Rookie

Middle Tennessee State? Are you trying to work your way into the Texas Tech Job? Good luck, like you said at least you clinched a bowl birth.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:10 AM   #68
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Bus
Middle Tennessee State? Are you trying to work your way into the Texas Tech Job? Good luck, like you said at least you clinched a bowl birth.
no, i plan on staying with MTSU, at least for now. right now i got real good starters for most positions, but lack depth(real bad). the current year and the one before were good years for gaining depth as i had barely anyone leave. only like 15 total players graduated in those 2 years. i did have to do alot of cutting though, and i hate doing that.

as for Texas Tech, it never feels right playing them in NCAA video games. pre-patch i couldnt stand the DB AI. Plus i favor the run more than the pass(i always try to get a 1,000 yard rusher ever season) .

i really like to build up teams when playing NCAA. normally i create a cupcake or Academic school with create-a-school, but since it hasnt been added to the current-gen systems, i cant use it. but based on what they did to madden this year compared to last, it will most likely be there(not putting much hope on it)
Old 01-04-2008, 12:20 AM   #69
Rookie

I understand, I'm playing with San Diego State (my alma mater) which happens to pretty much be a cupcake as well. I'm working on building them. The first year we made the piontsetta bowl as I went 7-5 plus won the bowl game. The interesting thing was even though SDSU sucks in real life their ratings are better than most schools in the mountain west in this game. This year might be harder though. Although I recruited okay, I had alot of starts graduate, Starting QB, RB, TE, Top two WRs, one or two off the OL, SS, Kicker, Punter, LB, you get the picture major rebuilding year.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:29 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Solidice, those stats look good except for the rushing of course. I am glad you have played a couple games using the original sliders from post 52. Lately I've felt that these slider tweaks are more representative of my golf game considering the fact that once one thing is figured out, there's always something else to fix.

Bus, I like your ideas in regard to QB Accuracy - it was something I've been thinking about messing with as well, but have left alone. As far as WR catch goes, it's already at 0 for me - so I don't think we can go any lower. I have actually seen plenty of drops by the wideouts and backs - what I don't like is similar to what you mentioned about the quarterback accuracy - the ball zips out there too fast and a bit too accurate, especially when pressure is being made.

Anyway, I wanted to drop this out really quick - had an interesting defensive battle against #4 Oklahoma (at Oklahoma) as #14 Oklahoma State.

The following sliders were tested and used.

8mins,AA

HUM-CPU
QBA: 30-50
PBK: 10-50
WRC: 0-0
RBA: 20-20
RBK: 90-90
AWR: 30-30
KND: 75-75
INT: 100-100
BB: 25-25
TAK: 5-5

FINAL - Oklahoma, 22 + Oklahoma State 0

1st Downs - 11 + 12
Total Off - 242 + 228
Rush-yds-TD - 35-90-2 + 21-44-0
Passing Yds - 152 + 184
3rd Down - 7-18 + 3-11
4th Down - 1-1 + 1-4
RedZone-TD-FG - 3-2-1 + 2-0-0
Turnovers - 2 + 6
Fumbles Lost - 1 + 2
Intercepted - 1 + 4
Total Yards - 322 + 404
Penalties/Yds - 4-43.5 + 3-45
TOP - 17:35 + 14:28

As you can see the game was a defensive, rainy, battle. I've never been blanked before so this was a pretty frustrating game. My picks were just bonehead...just stupid - I threw them up there for grabs each time. However the good thing is that there were only 4 - there could have been about 10. There were some nice breaks on the ball and they just couldn't catch the ball. Oklahoma's linebackers are very active and caused a lot of problems - I was amazed that after just running (not sprinting like you mentioned Bus) improved my yards per carry. Another quick note, Oklahoma's offensive line is 85-94-94-90 respectively.

Player Stats:

Oklahoma

QB Bradford: 17/25, 152 yds, INT - 4 sacked
HB Brown: 22 rush, 61 yds, 2 TD - 13 long, 12 BTK, 57 1st Hit
*HB Murray: 5 rush, 33 yds - injured in 1st half.
WR Broyles: 5 rec, 59 yds
LB Lewis: 9 tak, 3 TFL, sack, Int

Oklahoma St.

QB Cate: 15/35, 184 yds, 4 INT - sacked 4
HB Toston: 19 rush, 53 yds, 10yd long, 32 1st hit, 5 btk, fumble
WR Bryant: 6 rec, 50 yds
LB Collins: 9 taks, 3 TFL, sack

* It seems that, as it probably should, most tackles go to the linebackers due to stuffing the run. I think the big decision here is to whether or not increase RBA for both sides, or decrease Break Block. Like you mentioned as well, Bus, increasing run blocking can help - but at 90 it seems to be okay and I will try 100 for the next game just to see if it makes a difference.

The decision to change the knockdown and interception setting was just a test, results seem to be legit, but always hard to tell after one game. I've always been under the impression that INT and KNDWN are reversed - About to play another game with the slight modifications inputted (CPU QBA to 45, CPU RBK to 100, CPU/HUM RBA to 25)
Old 01-04-2008, 12:30 AM   #71
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

^I was typing all that while you two were posting, apologies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2008, 03:47 AM   #72
Rookie

Played the first game of my dynasty using the sliders mentioned before. Blew out Air Force 34-6.

Got up on them really early with offensive TD and then came right back with a pick six. CPU QB dropped back would have been okay but he had two receivers run into each other and my preseason all american safety stepped in front.

Later I scored after intercepting a pass where I pressured the qb I hit a playaction pass for a TD.

The only answer Airforce had was a couple of FGs. Broke their back when with less than a minute to go I hit a bubble screen to my receiver with 95 speed, good bye! So I was up 28-6. Second half they pretty much stuffed me (Actually the whole game they stuffed me except big plays) and I only managed 2 FGs. I was able to get some ground game going in the Fourth Quarter.

Stats- 8 min. Quarters

SDSU 34 AirForce 6

SDSU
Tot yds 284
Rush 27-127
Pass 7-15 163 3TD No Int
3rd dwn 4/10
No Fumbles

AF
Tot yds 206
Rush 27-50
Pass 15/28 157 No TD 2 Int
3rd dwn 2-12
4th dwn 2-3
No Fumbles

Positives-

Their QB (Ovr-81 THP- 85 THA-80 AWR 71) was a little wild. Not for a tremendous amount of picks but just for incompletions. Several out of bounds. There were also some drops (2 recorded) This could be good as he is not a great QB and finished with 53% comp.

Was able to get some pressure on the QB, only one sack but forced some bad throws (that weren't picked)

I was able to get some run game going but it wasn't easy. I got most of my yards at the end of the game.

Negatives-

Their run game was effective early but they couldn't punch it in. They were in the red zone three times and attempted three FG, missed one. 27-50yards isn't very good but in this particular game I blitzed alot and guessed right quite a bit.

What next?

I think these might work so I am going to stick with them to see how they work against a varitey of teams. If not my next move is up CPU Run ability (+5) and either increase CPU WR Catch +5 or QB ACC +5 not sure which yet. But that's only if these don't pan out.

Last edited by C-Bus; 01-04-2008 at 03:49 AM. Reason: messed up passing stat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »