Home

Varsity sliders - the only way to fix the INT problem

This is a discussion on Varsity sliders - the only way to fix the INT problem within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #25
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Varsity sliders - the only way to fix the INT problem

The QB Accuracy slider is a bit of a misnomer.

It should be "QB Ability" because adjusting it affects both accuracy and POWER.

Unfortunately, this is the fatal flaw with Varsity level. In order to keep the Human QB from completing 90% of his passes with laser-guided accuracy, you have to completely sacrifice the long ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-27-2007, 02:49 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 11

parker... when you switched from varsity to heisman... did you see the dreaded "speed cheat" that has been at that level from years past? i have never been able to play at heisman but i'm starting to get pretty damn good at AA and am thinking about moving up
Old 11-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #27
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeRoberts
parker... when you switched from varsity to heisman... did you see the dreaded "speed cheat" that has been at that level from years past? i have never been able to play at heisman but i'm starting to get pretty damn good at AA and am thinking about moving up
Nope.

Heisman is so close to perfect it's not even funny, primarily because the running game is so smooth (ie. no speed cheat). If the CPU didn't throw a half dozen INT's every game, this would be the best version of NCAA ever, hands down.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:21 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I'm liking these a lot. I lowered cpu QB accuracy down to 75 and am still seeing great results. I had it at 100, but my defensive skills, or lack thereof, allowed Western Michigan's quarterbak to throw for 517 yards against me as WVU. He threw no picks, though!
i understand that the ai usually throws more than their fair share of picks, but i don't think the goal should be for us to never pick them off, seems like you guys want to sacrifice one extreme for the other (for instance, i could see wvu picking off the wmu qb at least once in 9 of 10 games they would play)

also, why do people like using 1 game to justify the validity of certain sliders? if i play as usc & lose to stanford, does that mean the sliders are off or did i just not play a good game & earn the L? upsets (& occasional statistical anomolies) happen
Old 11-27-2007, 11:28 AM   #29
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm about to give these a try. I am wondering though why the RB sliders are so high. I had been playing on AA for the most part with the RB sliders at 50 and CPU AWR at 50 and I'm able to run the ball consistently.

Looking at these sliders it seems to be too easy.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:54 AM   #30
MVP

parker002's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I'm about to give these a try. I am wondering though why the RB sliders are so high. I had been playing on AA for the most part with the RB sliders at 50 and CPU AWR at 50 and I'm able to run the ball consistently.

Looking at these sliders it seems to be too easy.
If you're talking about the Heisman sliders I posted in this thread on 11/06, the RB sliders are too high.

If you're interested in playing Heisman, try these:

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...p?p=2037923959

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »