Home

Varsity Sliders - NOT the only way to fix the CPU INT problem...

This is a discussion on Varsity Sliders - NOT the only way to fix the CPU INT problem... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2007, 08:33 AM   #1
MVP

parker002's Arena

OVR: 12
Varsity Sliders - NOT the only way to fix the CPU INT problem...

*** These are edited. I cannot guarantee that the INT problem is fixed with QBA at 50, but at this point I'm willing to try it based on some feedback I'm getting on other boards. I've also decided to open up the running games for tweaking - too many runs of negative yards and big yards and not enough 10-15 yarders in between. ***

Difficulty Level -- Heisman
Qtr Length -- 8 min.
All penalties 100 except clipping at 50.

Offense
Hum / CPU
50 / 50
100 / 0
0 / 0
55 / 55
65 / 65

Hum / CPU
50 / 50
100 / 0
0 / 0
50 / 50
60 / 60

Hum / CPU
0 / 0
0 / 0
0 / 0
0 / 0
55 / 55

Subs
Offense
80 / 85
90 / 95
85 / 90
80 / 85
80 / 85

Defense
90 / 95
90 / 95
80 / 85
85 / 90
85 / 90

Last edited by parker002; 11-13-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Varsity Sliders - NOT the only way to fix the CPU INT problem...

I was really worried about that 100 QB acc, because with Papi's sliders the CPU qbs destroy you with just 60, Ive been getting some great games with NCAA and Madden(made tweaks to make it a tad harder for the NFL)

but great set, and I'll give these a good solid weeks worth of testing
Old 11-08-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
MVP

parker002's Arena

I've played alot of games with these now, and I still see the CPU make bad passes once in a while. Lowering the catching helps lower completion percentages, but frankly WR drops are MUCH preferrable to hundreds of interceptions.

In my dynasty, I'm seeing a CPU average completion percentage of about 66% and considering I have a C defense and I'm playing the likes of Rutgers and Penn State, I don't think that's bad at all.

And I've seen the CPU QB struggle - I destroyed Arkansas State with Arkansas last night. He was 9 of 21, but still only 1 pick.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

these are solid, only problem i see is that whether you play navy or say ohio st the cpu passing game will still yield high completions with it set at 100... meaning a 70 accuracy qb can go 31 out of 35 just the same as an 89-91 accuracy qb. I like the small teams to play small and the big teams to play like powerhouses.. Turning the cpu acc down to 50 computer is still over 50% completion and i rarely see picks.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:54 AM   #5
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Setting the CPU to 100 Accuracy on Heisman is a death sentence. Eastern Illinois for the Deaf and Blind's QB will act like Peyton Manning incarnate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
MVP

parker002's Arena

I've played a dozen games against top QB's (all rated 85 or better), some of the games with B- or C+ defenses, and the highest completion % I've seen is about 70%.

You would THINK the CPU accuracy at 100 would be a death sentence, but it's absolutely NOT. In fact, I see more bad throws by the CPU with the slider at 100 than I do with the slider at 75.

Bad teams play like bad teams and good teams play like good teams. I played Arkansas vs. Arkansas State the other night and the ASU QB was like 7 of 20. Last night I played Oregon vs. Idaho and the Vandals' QB was 13 of 31. I then played Oregon vs. Arizona State and got to halftime before bed. ASU's QB was 11 of 16 with no picks.

Furthermore, I've had only one game where the CPU threw 2 or more picks and that was ISU's Brett Meyer with me playing as the Hawkeyes. He threw exactly two.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:24 PM   #7
MVP

parker002's Arena

By the way, if you lower CPU QB Accuracy to 50, I don't see how you're not going to get INT's.

I had mine at 50 for the longest time (before I went to Varsity) and was seeing 4-6 picks per game...
Old 11-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by parker002
By the way, if you lower CPU QB Accuracy to 50, I don't see how you're not going to get INT's.

I had mine at 50 for the longest time (before I went to Varsity) and was seeing 4-6 picks per game...
I just play realistic ball, And with you having awareness at 0...my guys are normally not in position to make a play for an int. Ive tried 3 to 4 diff matchups with these...no matter which team i play against my pass defense is shredded. Im not the best there is by any means, just an avg guy with a lil bit of football knowledge. Every team ive played against no matter who i was and who they were passed for 300+ yards and had 60-80% completion rating. 3rd downs you may as well hang up cpu had 70+% rating on those as well. Ive tried every defense imaginable including manual coverage. I love your sliders but for me 100 is way to high, ive seen 1 int thrown out of 6 games with it set at 50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »