Home

Old 11-21-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS2 sliders

Does anyone have realistic gameplay sliders for the PS2-either for all american or on Heisman level?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: PS2 sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlrums
Does anyone have realistic gameplay sliders for the PS2-either for all american or on Heisman level?
Check out my sliders on this board. They are as realistic as you'll get, but the pursuit angles and kicking are broken so sliders won't help you in those regards. The Computers offense plays a great game of football, its defense is where the problem lies because the pursuit angles are broken.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:33 PM   #3
Rookie

usmgoldeneagles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Check out my sliders on this board. They are as realistic as you'll get, but the pursuit angles and kicking are broken so sliders won't help you in those regards. The Computers offense plays a great game of football, its defense is where the problem lies because the pursuit angles are broken.
Where are they?
Old 12-07-2007, 01:54 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlrums
I have a great set of Heisman sliders that I have been using for my dynasty games for the original xbox1. Since it is the same engine, the sliders should work the same between the ps2 and xbox1. I play 60:00 full-time games, and the key to keeping the games low scoring is defensive strategy early and preventing the other team from getting momentum (not necessarily getting momentum yourself). On some downs you have to press (Y) - triangle d-pad UP to push the secondary in deep cover to contain some passing attacks. I always keep the User and CPU equal, so once you play the CPU a few times, you will know what to expect when playing another human. The CPU FG accuracy does not work, so even if you set it on 0%, they still make all close and moderate distance FGs (unless they are blocked). For this reason I keep FG accuracy at 50% for both user and CPU.

Gameplay = Heisman

Offense - User / CPU same
QB Accuracy = 55%
Pass Blocking = 70%
WR Catching = 70%
RB Ability = 70%
Run Blocking = 70%
Password : oe6tlYJ3 (lowercase L 4th from last)

Defense - User / CPU same
Awareness = 90%
Knockdowns = 70%
Interceptions = 35%
Break Block = 85%
Tackling = 80%
Password : QPMjsIn3

Special Teams - User / CPU same
FG Distance = 60%
FG Accuracy = 50%
Punt Length = 99%
Punt Accuracy = 70%
Kickoff Length = 90%
Password = oBgPAgD4

Penalties
First four ON
All sliders at 99%, except:

Holding* 80%
Roughing the Passer = 10% (Was at 0%, but there would still occasionally be a roughing the passer call, like about once every other 60:00 game, which is a bug. When on 0%, it should never be called. In reverse circular programming logic, I put it up to 10% to hopefully stop this from being called as much.)
Roughing the Kicker = 0%
Intentional Grounding = 30%
Unsportsmanlike Conduct = 0%

*There are a lot of holding calls in this game on heisman, so some might get frustrated with having the slider even at 80%, and might want to consider lowering it to 60% or 70%. However keep in mind, when momentum is against the offense holding can happen easily with o-lineman that are not that talented. Sometimes using slide protection pre-snap could exacerbate the probability of an o-lineman holding, especially when the defense has more than half of the momentum. The break block at 85% does limit the possibility of some holds, though.

I have been having very realistic 60:00 results. Last game was a 24-14 win for Kansas over Georgia, a game that was 3-2 Kansas at the half. With Kansas, I used a 4-3 defense to prevent Georgia from running consistently. But most importantly, I prevented Georgia from getting in the red zone by limiting their big play ability. Enjoy!

I also play the game on 'Classic' camera and play the game on widescreen setting on a widescreen TV when I can. 'Classic' camera helps very much on defensive positioning and getting into range to knock down a ball. I also turn the first-person 'Return Camera' OFF so I can see if I potentially want to lateral the ball to a teammate behind me following an INT or kick return. I also turn Audio Commentary on Normal as I enter a game so that I can see the gameday predictions, but then after the coin-toss switch the sound to 'PA Only' so I have no distractions from the gang when I need to focus on playcalling. Impact camera rotation is set OFF, also to keep the game pace realistic.

These defensive-tilted sliders provide a very balanced challenge for NCAA veterans with good dexterity and defensive strategy. O-line play is as good as I have seen in any NCAA version as I am seeing with these sliders on xbox1. I hope these sliders will let you get the most out of the game and have the patience to compete on games with 15 minute quarters on both ps2 and xbox1. Good luck.

Last edited by PSU_DW2; 12-07-2007 at 02:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »