Home

Computer vs Computer sliders

This is a discussion on Computer vs Computer sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 05:02 PM   #25
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Computer vs Computer sliders

Here is what I am running with right now:

AA, 7 minute quarters.

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

These have given me an effective run game while also getting some pressure on the QB. Last game each team had 3 sacks.

QBs complete anywhere from 52 to 70% of their passes. Long passes are sometimes fine, other times they float too much.

Also, with these sliders, average starting field position after kickoffs is around the 33 yard line. Not bad, though returns are still too long.

Still problems:

-The pass block slider is all messed up. You can see that I have it set high for my sliders. I seem to get more pressure like that, especially with a high shed block slider setting on defense. It's more than likely that the pass blocking sliders simply don't work at all and do nothing when you adjust them.

-Option QBs run way too tentatively and pick up very little yardage. I have seen poor QB option runs multiple times in a row, which consistently leave the team with 3rd and longs. It's an ugly pattern when that happens. It's so bad that I am going to go with a balanced offense in my dynasty rather than a spread offense. My team is killing way too many drives with poor option QB play.

-Punt returns are broken. No way around it.

-Pursuit angles can be laughably bad.

-Not seeing enough fumbles. Why there has always been an INT slider but no fumble slider is beyond me.

I'd love to hear some feedback for these sliders. I'll play some more with them as well.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #26
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Guys - just as an aside, Adam has posted this regarding the potential issue with broken sliders:

What the testers seem to think is CPU sliders don't do anything. The Human sliders change the Human AI and the CPU AI concurrently. They are now updating their test plans to cover this better so bugs like this will get caught in the future.

Just something to be aware of when setting things up...i.e. keep the human and cpu sliders the same

Last edited by Ninjoid; 07-16-2008 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #27
Rookie

Risin's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid
Guys - just as an aside, Adam has posted this regarding the potential issue with broken sliders:

What the testers seem to think is CPU sliders don't do anything. The Human sliders change the Human AI and the CPU AI concurrently. They are now updating their test plans to cover this better so bugs like this will get caught in the future.

Just something to be aware of when setting things up.
Not to pile on EA, but how did some of these gameplay bugs slip by testers?

Old 07-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #28
MVP

Quint75's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjoid

Just something to be aware of when setting things up...i.e. keep the human and cpu sliders the same
I should have mentioned in my previous slider post that I always change both human and CPU sliders to the same settings when doing CPU vs. CPU.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 07-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #29
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

I do as well Quint...just thought I'd mention it so we're all singing from the same hymm sheet....hopefully I'll have my copy by the weekend or early next week - I'm in the UK and it was posted yesterday.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
-Option QBs, even the really good ones, are just about useless as all the do is dance around until they are tackled. They are very indecisive and need to hit the opening immediately but do not. I have hardly seen any QB scrambles due to pressure, but that's probably because the pass rush s so anemic.
I definitely agree with this. I started a temp dynasty with WKU and will probably start over when rosters are available. Anyway, their offense happens to be a spread and I've gotten to the point where when coach calls an option I find a play within the 'Ask Corso' play grouping that is a standard fun. Even against FCS East, leading 59-10, we can't get our mobile QBs going.

I play as QB/K/P only with Coach being the Offensive and Defensive Coordinators.

Last edited by NoleFan; 07-20-2008 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:22 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

working on sliders too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #32
MVP

Ninjoid's Arena

Same here..been working on looking at the zero sliders and other combinations...I'm not happy with the interceptions at the moment, I seem to be seeing too many, plus the running game isn't quite right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »