Home

mudtiger 09 slider log

This is a discussion on mudtiger 09 slider log within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 05:54 PM   #49
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: mudtiger 09 slider log

Ok, I guess it's good to know that wasn't a new 'feature' introduced for this year I guess.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:23 PM   #50
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

An all around fun game. Again, I'm just sort of messing with sliders, not really tuning anything.

h/cpu
qba 45
pbl 0
wrc 0
rba 50
rbl 100

awr 0/50
knd 100/100
int 0/0
bbl 0/0
tkl 0/25

ARMY 14 - AIR FORCE 30 (me)

Army
off 397
rush 30-105
pass 28-42-292

QB Williams 28-41-292, 68%, 1TD, 1INT, sack 4, long 55, 4-19rush
HB Robinson 19-81, 4.2avg, long 27
HB Moore 4-25, 6.2avg, 1TD
WR Wright 11-103, long 16
WR Maehler 4-81, 1TD, long 55

AF
off 463
rush 43-216
pass 12-23-247

QB Smith 11-21-229, 52%, 2TD, 1 INT, long 46, 9-55rush, long 16
QB Herbort 1-2-18, 50%, sack 1
HB Stephens 23-131, 5.6avg, 1TD, long 26
FB Newell 6-30, 5.0avg
WR Quintana 4-109, 1TD, long 46
TE Dekker 3-67, 1TD

The numbers on offense are a little high, but that was partly due to each team getting some broken tackle YAC yards which I like to see.

Running game felt good, passing felt good, defense felt pretty good. CPU army qb completed a few too many passes, but it wasn't over the top considering they were attempting a comeback late in the 3rd and 4th so they aired it out a lot - and that's when they threw their one interception.

There's a tipping point on RBA somewhere with regards to running back quickness vs over juking. Bringing rba down seems to have some benefits where the cpu just goes straight ahead instead of trying to out juke the defense to the outside too much. I'm not sure where RBA should be right now.

And since the telestrator action was so popular

Simple stretch play to the outside. I'm looking for the TE to seal the end and the WRs to either run guys down field or pick up a block. Pre snap read says this should be a good one.

The TE and LT actually double team the end, very nice. The 2 wrs take off down field.

Wow, what do my eyes behold? The TE actually pulls away from the double team block on the end to pick up someone in the 2nd level.

Running lane secured I picked up 10 yards on this and felt if I could have broken a tackle I would have had a shot at going all the way.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:38 PM   #51
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The punt length slider is broken as well. Human punt length applies to both. I'm starting to wonder if all of the sliders are human only and apply to both. Have you tested out the defensive ones yet? Does the same problem exist on all difficulty levels? I'm confused.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 06:48 PM   #52
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The punt length slider is broken as well. Human punt length applies to both. I'm starting to wonder if all of the sliders are human only and apply to both. Have you tested out the defensive ones yet? Does the same problem exist on all difficulty levels? I'm confused.
It's hard to pick up if the defensive sliders are separate in practice. I just decided to go ahead and assume they are for the time being because it seemed like everyone else is. I've only played on AA and heisman and they seem to work, or not work, the same way regardless of level.

I'll look specifically at the tackle slider in practice as there is a noticeable difference between 0 tkl and 100 tkl for human.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #53
MVP

dodgerblue's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

How much did you like '08? I felt the cpu QBs constantly throwing picks ruined the game eventually. The PS3 is so much smoother this year as well.
I couldn't get past the cpu int's and the pick 6's. Everything else seemed ok. But all of the problems I am reading about make me think there are still too many int's and now other things aren't working either. If I have to, I'll stick with '06 old gen.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #54
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

It's hard to say with complete certainty, but I'd go with cpu tackle being set by the human tackle slider. I tend to see more broken tackles, specially broken tackles where I did not use a move, with the human tackle slider set at 0 and the cpu tackle slider set at 100 than I do with those reversed.

If that is the case, I would also guess that the rest of the defensive sliders for the cpu do nothing too.

If I had to ballpark it, I'd say 75% certain that the cpu tackle slider does nothing.
Old 07-18-2008, 11:10 PM   #55
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Another decent game with some small changes

h/cpu
qba 40
pbl 0
wrc 0
rba 40
rbl 100

awr 0
knd 100
int 0
bbl 0
tkl 0

Navy 26 - AF 31

Navy
Off 379
rush 53-213
pass 15-22-166

QB KK-E 15-22-159, 68%, 3 sack, 19-74rush, 3TD
HB White 25-115, 4.6avg, long 18, 5-63rec

AF
off 338
rush 44-206
pass 7-10-132

QB Smith 7-10-132, 70%, 1TD, 1INT, 0 sack, 11-43rush
HB Stephens 26-127, 4.8avg, 3TD, long 67
FB Newell 5-25
TE Dekker 2-74, 1TD, long 47

MLB Reeves 16 tkl

Decent results again. Interesting that with lowered RBA (40), the cpu still did ok running the ball. It was good to see lower pass numbers for navy than in my previous game against army. Still a bit too many attempts for navy, but not bad considered they were making a comeback attempt in the 4th and almost won it.

I think I'm settling on qba at 40 or 45. 40 seems pretty good but might lead to some games with a high number of cpu thrown picks because too many balls are thrown weakly allowing the D to react. But I like that at 40 you see a few more off target passes than at 45.

Last, I finally got the run up the middle that turns into pay dirt.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/38448

Despite the game's flaws, I'm starting to really enjoy it. Hopefully a gameplay patch can fix at least one or two gameplay areas like the kicking game and cpu completion % being too high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 11:32 PM   #56
stewaat

OVR:

mudtiger- I think the 0 sliders are by far the best. Here is what I'm using and what I'm going to stick with...slight deviations may happen.

Heisman
QB Accuracy: 40
RB Ability: 50
Break Block: 50
Tackling: 50

All the rest are 0...just need to fine tune special team sliders.

I only have two games under my belt but they feel fantastic!

First game was Idaho @ Notre Dame (Me)
I beat the easily 37-21. They had a couple good drives and turned the ball over 4 times (3 INT, 1 FUM). Their 3rd INT was just desperation. The game wasn't as close as the score indicates. They had a kick return for a TD and their other TDs were a long pass (I just got burned) and a nice TD pass in the back of the end zone on 4th down late. I was up 34-7 at one point.

I ran the ball all over their defense...200+ yards. Passing I was efficient but I threw a couple picks. One was REALLY stupid.

Second game was Idaho (Me) @ Notre Dame
They dominate me 51-17. Ok the score is WAY OUT OF HAND! It should be 37-17 but they scored a long TD run LATE and then rubbed it in my face after I went for it on 4th down. They had the ball on my 25 with under a minute and came out passing! The ran the ball in from the one with :04 left...way to go EA on stellar CPU playcalling.

The score was tied 3-3 after the first quarter...I was hanging in there! Then they had a couple bigs play and it was 16-3 at the half I believe. Second half they absolutely dominate me. I think I was down 30-3 at one point...I got lucky on a slip screen and busted a 69 yard TD...they sent the house on that play...it was awesome to watch it develop. Then yadda yadda...they tore me apart.

The best part was hearing the crowd get into it and it seemed like they stepped up their game. I was rushing halfway decent in the first half but in the second half I had no shot. I passed a little over 50% for 275 yards...2 TD, 3 INT. They were dumb picks...just poor decisions. Favorite part was that I actually through a couple arrant passes...first time in 09!

Oh and I didn't make ND turn the ball over once! Yep you heard me...they didn't have any TOs.

Cliff Notes: Zero sliders are where it's at!

Good luck with your sliders man...I'm really enjoying this game personally. They are going to fix some things (Some routes being money...pass rush = poop...terrible return game) but overall it's a fun game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »