Home

Skyboxers Heisman Sliders

This is a discussion on Skyboxers Heisman Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 07:29 PM   #33
Pro

steez3's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Skyboxers Heisman Sliders

Played my first game with these sliders, Missouri (me) at Texas Tech...Tech's QB was 29-34 for 363 yards with 2 td's and 3 ints...so with the 3 pics added in there....only 2 passes were incomplete! thats just insane, and I counted only 4 pass attempts were over 10 yards lol.......Obviously thats just part of the game and not the sliders fault but overall the game played well, there was a good ebb and flow to it.........until the 3rd quarter when Tech ran slip screens 6 plays in a row!....I ended up winning a shoot out 37-34....I liked how the cpu D played against me....anyone think if you raised the human Defensive Awarness up higher it would stop some of these little dumps?? Tech threw 11 slip screens total the whole game plus dumped it to their rb a split second after the ball was snapped another 5 times.......Its just madness to me that EA testers couldnt see this!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:12 PM   #34
Pro

GP Mercy's Arena

OVR: 9

Played my first game of Heisman. WVU vs. Syracuse(me). Stats:

35-10 loss

Robinson 107.9 rating 12-25 163 yards 1TD 1INT 48%
White 193.1 19-21 178 yards 2TD 90%

Devine 15att 75 yards 5.0 avg 2TD
Brinkley 13att 38 yards 2.9 avg

This was a great game. I felt that I did decent for my 1st game of Heisman. Unlike on AA where I felt the passing game was too easy, Heisman actually challenged me as a gamer. I knew coming in that WVU ran an option based offense. What I didn't know was that Devine was a beast.

The only reason the Mountaineers widen the lead was because "Divine" was injured right before the half. The 3rd quarter was entirely in possession of WVU. They had a 19 play drive with 97 yards that took 4:37. I could not stop Pat White at all. I believe it was my lack of skill on defense that killed me. I know now what it feels like to play a great team. I'll try more games tonight. I'm definitely going Heisman all the way this year...
Old 07-16-2008, 08:13 PM   #35
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by steez3
Played my first game with these sliders, Missouri (me) at Texas Tech...Tech's QB was 29-34 for 363 yards with 2 td's and 3 ints...so with the 3 pics added in there....only 2 passes were incomplete! thats just insane, and I counted only 4 pass attempts were over 10 yards lol.......Obviously thats just part of the game and not the sliders fault but overall the game played well, there was a good ebb and flow to it.........until the 3rd quarter when Tech ran slip screens 6 plays in a row!....I ended up winning a shoot out 37-34....I liked how the cpu D played against me....anyone think if you raised the human Defensive Awarness up higher it would stop some of these little dumps?? Tech threw 11 slip screens total the whole game plus dumped it to their rb a split second after the ball was snapped another 5 times.......Its just madness to me that EA testers couldnt see this!
I'd say make sure you play a few more games to decide on the settings as my last 2 games in my test with these sliders I held the CPU in the 50% range and 60% range...

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 08:19 PM   #36
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP Mercy
Played my first game of Heisman. WVU vs. Syracuse(me). Stats:

35-10 loss

Robinson 107.9 rating 12-25 163 yards 1TD 1INT 48%
White 193.1 19-21 178 yards 2TD 90%

Devine 15att 75 yards 5.0 avg 2TD
Brinkley 13att 38 yards 2.9 avg

This was a great game. I felt that I did decent for my 1st game of Heisman. Unlike on AA where I felt the passing game was too easy, Heisman actually challenged me as a gamer. I knew coming in that WVU ran an option based offense. What I didn't know was that Devine was a beast.

The only reason the Mountaineers widen the lead was because "Divine" was injured right before the half. The 3rd quarter was entirely in possession of WVU. They had a 19 play drive with 97 yards that took 4:37. I could not stop Pat White at all. I believe it was my lack of skill on defense that killed me. I know now what it feels like to play a great team. I'll try more games tonight. I'm definitely going Heisman all the way this year...

I know it's more fluke but last year at Syracuse this was Pat Whites stats:
12/15 (80%) for 148yds 9.9average 1 TD 0 Int

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

These sliders aren't very good to me. Too lazy to post the stats but Terry Grant ran for 200 yards on 20 carries and the opposing running back ran for 100 on just 11 carries. Both QB's did amazingly well.

I was Bama playing against Tulane but they still managed to score 30 on me as I scored 49. The opposing QB had 300+ passing yards as did I. Only about 1 sack for both teams.

Don't like them.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:55 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 6

Sky, Just wanted to let you know that while the game still has flaws that are uncontrolable by the user (stupid stupid AI logic and tendencies, lack of pass rush, QB acc., user defensive play selection time, AI snapping too fast, etc.), your sliders have given this game another chance with me. I was so close to going back and trading it in for something it wasn't funny. These sliders have at least made the game playable to me until the gameplay patch comes out. So thank you.

But I will say that if CPU AI isn't revamped and improved in this patch, I don't know if I will be able to stick with this game all year. 08 wasn't bad to me and AI wise, 09 is a huge step backwards to me. Dinks and dunks to the RB for them to run out of bounds, always fake punting on under 4th and 5, going for it on anything less than 4th and 3, it is just a huge letdown in that department for me. I don't know what I will do if Madden's CPU AI is just as stupid.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #39
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
These sliders aren't very good to me. Too lazy to post the stats but Terry Grant ran for 200 yards on 20 carries and the opposing running back ran for 100 on just 11 carries. Both QB's did amazingly well.

I was Bama playing against Tulane but they still managed to score 30 on me as I scored 49. The opposing QB had 300+ passing yards as did I. Only about 1 sack for both teams.

Don't like them.
Yes because it's good to judge a slider set based on only one game...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 07-17-2008, 06:15 AM   #40
Banned

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737

Don't like them.
So is it illegal for Tulane to score on Alabama now???? Since when. These sliders are great, once you look at the flaws in the game and know that sliders can't do anything for them, and accept the game for what it is, these sliders are absolutely wonderful.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »