Home

FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

This is a discussion on FistofRage's Heisman sliders... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 11:19 AM   #73
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Post your slider thoughts now post patch. what are you going to start with?
I have two thoughts on this. I may start with 0 sliders and go from there. If thats the case based on some limited testing:

QBA 40/40
PB 0/0
WR 0/0
RBA 25/35
RB 0/30

AWR 0/35
KD 100/100
INT 0/0
BB 0/0
Tackle 15/15

The other set would be based on what I have done dynasty testing on
QBA 45/50(This may help them go deep more)
PB 0/0
WR 5/5
RBA 45/50
RB 40/75

AWR 40/70
KD 95/95
INT 0/0
BB 100/100
Tackle 20/20
Old 08-21-2008, 07:33 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 17

put the wife and child to bed and get on HERE already!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #75
MVP

Playing around with your dynasty set above and with B+ offensive guys I am really liking what I am seeing with following house rules:

1) Still no punt returns as their angles are horrible. They sometimes turn around and run the OTHER WAY! Too many times the coverage guys don't get free which means HUGE returns
2) No empty backfield sets
3) No manual motion
4) No audible from run to pass
5) No hot routing RBs to anything but block

With these rules I am getting very good game with both QBs at 45 ACC. I believe the CPU running game might need more help though but that has a ton to do with playcalling so hard to tell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 11:56 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Here they are.......Please test these against 1) an equally rated opponent and 2) an opponent that is rated 5 to 10 points higher.

7 Minute
Heisman
Human/Cpu

QBA 45/45
PB 0/0
WR Catch 0/0
RBA 45/45
RB 20/80

DEF AWR 40/75
KD 100/95
INT 0/0
BB 100/100
Tackle 20/20

FGL 30/5
FGA 0/0
KOL 60/60
PUNT 50/50
Punt Acc 50/50

All penalty sliders at 100, except Roughing the passer at 5(May help linemen be a tad more aggressive).

PLease post your results.....
Old 08-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #77
MVP

Did you mean to make KD 95/100 and not 95/95 like you told me last night?

I am pumped to play these at lunch as I think they are going to be SOLID. Here are our house rules if I think that we should let people know as well as they make the game HARDER offensively.

1) No manual motioning
2) No empty backfield sets
3) No recruiting any offensive player with greater then B+ speed (90 SPD). Starting rosters will be adjusted down to 90 speed for offense only.
4) No hot routing RB to any pass other then to BLOCK
5) No returning punts (simply fair catch)
6) No audible from a RUN play to a PASS play as its far too easy to get severe mismatches
7) Out of conference schedules will be ND and 3 other RANKED teams every year. Those 3 other games will all be ROAD games.

I think I am missing 1 of them and I will look more into #5 with a returner who is only rated 90 speed. I know that when I tested this post patch with a fast guy I was returning 50% to the house for TDs. Pursuit angles are HORRID!

House rules are meant to ADD FUN to the game believe it or not. I know the suck but IMO they are necessary if you want to have any competitive games down the road with the CPU.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #78
stewaat

OVR:

I'm giving these a try right now.

I'm using Ole Miss and I'm hosting Arkansas. My team is 7 points better so I'm expecting to win but not completely dominate. I'm going to really focus on how the secondary of both teams play. I'm confident the run game will be fine. Also gonna focus on the tackling.

I'm playing all out to win. Obviously not gonna cheese but I'm not gonna let them stay in it. I'm going to score and take the yards whenever I can.

Last edited by stewaat; 08-22-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Old 08-22-2008, 02:34 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I'm giving these a try right now.

I'm using Ole Miss and I'm hosting Arkansas. My team is 7 points better so I'm expecting to win but not completely dominate. I'm going to really focus on how the secondary of both teams play. I'm confident the run game will be fine. Also gonna focus on the tackling.

I'm playing all out to win. Obviously not gonna cheese but I'm not gonna let them stay in it. I'm going to score and take the yards whenever I can.
Awesome, what are your results?
Old 08-22-2008, 03:43 PM   #80
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Awesome, what are your results?
I only got a half in and here are my thoughts so far:

CPU QB was on point. The problem was the delay in my DBs. The CPU would break and my DBs would wait a second then break. That resulted in wide open passes for the CPU.

Need to move CPU run block up to 100 IMHO. They had 9 runs for 57 yards...but one was a 55 yarder. That run was a good call and two broken tackles. Basically all or nothing. I like more holes and less broken tackles...so I am gonna bump tackle up to 25 or 30.

HUM passing & rushing was awesome. The CPU defenders didn't let me get wide open and when I caught the ball they were on me. Offense felt good. Personally I found it EXTREMELY easy to move the ball pre-patch and this was a welcomed challenge. Definitely wasn't HARD though...but not easy.

Here's what I'm thinking for my next game:

Offense:
40/40
0/0
0/0
45/45
20/100

Defense:
60/85 (Hopefully my DBs won't act like they just smoked up...CPU could be a little harder)
100/100
0/0
100/100
30/30

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »