Home

FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

This is a discussion on FistofRage's Heisman sliders... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:01 PM   #81
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I only got a half in and here are my thoughts so far:

CPU QB was on point. The problem was the delay in my DBs. The CPU would break and my DBs would wait a second then break. That resulted in wide open passes for the CPU.

Need to move CPU run block up to 100 IMHO. They had 9 runs for 57 yards...but one was a 55 yarder. That run was a good call and two broken tackles. Basically all or nothing. I like more holes and less broken tackles...so I am gonna bump tackle up to 25 or 30.

HUM passing & rushing was awesome. The CPU defenders didn't let me get wide open and when I caught the ball they were on me. Offense felt good. Personally I found it EXTREMELY easy to move the ball pre-patch and this was a welcomed challenge. Definitely wasn't HARD though...but not easy.

Here's what I'm thinking for my next game:

Offense:
40/40
0/0
0/0
45/45
20/100

Defense:
60/85 (Hopefully my DBs won't act like they just smoked up...CPU could be a little harder)
100/100
0/0
100/100
30/30
Good feedback. I'm alright with bumping some things up, but be careful with human awareness. It can turn into a pick 6 festival. Also, you aren't going to outrun with AI Def awareness at 85.

Try playing ND against USC or Ohio State with my original sliders before changing. I do agree with the CPU Run Block I may move that up as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 04:27 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 17

yeah, good feedback stewaat... the cpu run game HEAVILY depends on play calling it seems. play a team like wisconsin that brings the run in your face and doesn't do any option crap and I find they run the ball well. however, since most playbooks have all kinds of bad plays for their personnel (hell some plays are just bad regardless) then it becomes an issue. if you jack sliders so that even teams with bad plays get good yards, teams like wisconsin can become completely unstoppable.

as for HUMAN awareness I think 45 is the max you can go unless you like to occassionally get 5 and 6 pick games and guarantee that your entire secondary will be 1-4 in every statistic around and win every award. (hell the do that pretty much anyways)

I will be on all night tonight and tomorrow and I will report back here. stewaat, one thing you might want to consider is dropping everyone's speed on offense to a max value of 90. I know that sux azz but it makes offense harder and makes HUM vs HUM way more defensive since the D will be significantly faster then the O.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #83
Rookie

OVR: 7

i gave up 3 tuchdowns 71 yard run and pass and another pass of 59 in 2 quarters, only 1 game but tacklng should increase a bit IMO
Old 08-22-2008, 05:15 PM   #84
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

In regards to tackling what do you guys use normally? Routine tackle or go for the hitstick?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #85
Rookie

OVR: 7

depends on the situation if i have the runner surrounded i'll gamble but ususally i regular tackle
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 05:25 PM   #86
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
In regards to tackling what do you guys use normally? Routine tackle or go for the hitstick?
these sliders make hit sticking a risk for sure which I think is good.

Greg, I don't remember the QB ACC being down to 40. I thought we talked about that being too low and had that at 45... are you now thinking 40?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:27 PM   #87
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
these sliders make hit sticking a risk for sure which I think is good.

Greg, I don't remember the QB ACC being down to 40. I thought we talked about that being too low and had that at 45... are you now thinking 40?
I will remember that when I test out these sliders, when us PS3 users get the patch
Old 08-22-2008, 05:33 PM   #88
stewaat

OVR:

Alrighty, just played a very good game against UCLA with my #22 Arizona Wildcats in year 2 of my dynasty.

I used the changes I posted above.

Arizona 35
UCLA 28

Matt Scott, AZ : 19-30, 374 yards, TD, INT (72-yd TD as time expired)
Kevin Craft, UCLA : 17-25, 248 yards, 2 TD, INT (One TD was 95 yards and all due to me messing up on defense. I hit the pick button but nothing happened.)

Xavier Smith, AZ : 21 car, 62 yds, 2 TD, Long of 15 (They contained him well, he's my backup though, starter got injured early)
Nic Grigsby, AZ : 6 car, 32 yds, Long of 12 (Would've liked to see how my starter performed)

Craig Sheppard, UCLA : 17 car, 86 yds, 2 TD, Long of 20 (Had some nice runs and the yards piled up)

Robert Gronkowski, AZ : 7 rec, 159 yards, Long of 54 (He's a stud TE and they left him open in the flats. He broke a few tackles and had some big plays)
Terrell Turner, AZ : 4 rec, 107 yards, TD, Long of 72 (Caught a WR screen with 8 seconds left...broke a tackle...

Anyways gotta go right now..

Sliders were good...see you guys Sunday!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »