Home

FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

This is a discussion on FistofRage's Heisman sliders... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 04:29 PM   #17
Rookie

cwilson250733's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

I used your last set of sliders that you posted an made a few small changes to the computer side of the sliders changes are:

cpu acc 100
cpu PB 100
cpu WC 100
cpu RA 0
cpu RB 0

i just used arkansas vs w. virginia an i know arkansas isnt has good an they have been in the past but i had the back for
w virginia went 21 att for 269 an they had 33 att for 389 total
i lost 51-21 an never was close but that is the way it should play when arkansas is a 79 overall an w. virginia is #8 overall
Old 07-18-2008, 04:41 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
I tried these out. There were some good things and some not so good.

Bad: Offense was too easy. Neither defense I played (PSU, Wisc) could stop me. User run game was too easy, although I do have a good line but my running game has really not been good at all that year until the two toughest defenses.

Good: Completion percentages. I completed around 60% while the cpu had about 55% on average. CPU could run the ball effectively. Very good amount of pressure by my team and decent by the others. My 97 overall DT was dominating the game.

Overall the game played well, however offense was way too easy for me. I won each game by several TDs, and was facing some really good teams and defenses. If the offense was harder for me then that would really help, but if the sliders really are tied, I think any further hits the cpu would take would kill them.
Up the User Defense Awr to 90 and CPU Break Block to 100 and maybe lower the Human RB ability a hair, but not too much as apparantly the sliders are tied and that will effect the cpu as well. Its a quandry, hopefully a ptach fixes the sliders.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:42 PM   #19
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Up the User Defense Awr to 90 and CPU Break Block to 100 and maybe lower the Human RB ability a hair, but not too much as apparantly the sliders are tied and that will effect the cpu as well. Its a quandry, hopefully a ptach fixes the sliders.
I'll try that later tonight/tomorrow morning.

God they really made sliders confusing as hell this year didn't they?
Old 07-18-2008, 05:44 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
I'll try that later tonight/tomorrow morning.

God they really made sliders confusing as hell this year didn't they?
Yeah, I thought human running might be a little easy, but the AI running is pretty good, so you can't really touch the human RBA slider or any offensive sliders for that matter.

Let me know your findings, I'll do some more testing tonight.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:07 AM   #21
MVP

davin's Arena

I'm going to do a stream of conciousness type post here then give final summary.

First Quarter: Iowa (cpu) 3 OSU (me) 0

Passing: Iowa QB: 6/8 for 60 yards. OSU QB: 1/2 for 7.
Rushing: Iowa RB1: 4 att 8 yds. Iowa WR: 2 att 0 yds. OSU RB1: 10 att 39 yards. OSU RB2: 1 att 9 yards, OSU QB 1 att 4 yards.

Initial thoughts: I am really working for my rushing yards. My RB seems to mirror his rating. I can't beat anybody to the corner and have to read my blocks better (89 speed doesn't let you turn the corner too often). No real pass rush yet, and they have a 58 overall RT.

Second Quarter: Iowa 17 OSU 17

Passing: Iowa QB: 15/20 for 156 1 TD/1 INT. OSU QB: 12/19 108, 2 TD/1 INT (returned for TD).
Rushing: Iowa RB1: 5 att 10 yds, Iowa WR 2att 0 yds. Iowa RB2 1 att 0 yds. OSU RB1: 13 att 91 yards ( long of 50), OSU QB 5 att 35 yds, OSU RB2: 2 att 19 yds.

Thoughts: Pass rush is there, but Iowa gets it away JUST in time. A bit concerned with Iowa's QB, he is only a 81 overall. Iowa has stopped running the ball. Passing game feels a lot better for me, it is harder yet easier. Harder in the sense I can't just own the skies. Easier in the sense that my WRs are doing a great job (which I have a solid corps so this is welcome). Iowa is the only team that has EVER used a TE effectively against me. I've never completely understood Iowa's offense, but I know they do like the TE. My one big run was off of an option where I made the corner miss and got into the open but was run down by a corner.

3rd Quarter: Iowa 24 OSU 17.

Passing: Iowa QB: 22/30 263, 2T/1I. OSU QB: 14/24 123 2T/2I
Rushing: Iowa RB1: 10 att 12 yds, Iowa WR 2 att 0 yds. OSU RB1: 18 att 116 yds, OSU QB 8 att 49 yds, OSU RB2 2 att 19 yds.

Thoughts: Iowa TD made me mad (although nothing wrong with it). Quick pass on 3rd down I had blown up, but he breaks the tackle, the TE gets out to block me as the SS, 61 yards to the endzone. Still no sacks. Iowa's defense is fast at the LB position so getting outside is hard. My second INT was really a hail mary so I'm not mad. I just put too much under it. CPU can't run the ball at all, but part of me thinks it isn't Iowa's style anyways. Iowa QB still concerns me. I am learning to play as the SS (used to play DE) this game (changed at the half) and have started to make some impact (although the TD kind of ruined that). Game is close going into the 4th. I feel like I can win. Iowa is playing the perfect game to beat me so far. Big change in the ease of offense from the last time. Iowa is 1-6 on the year right now.

4th Quarter: Iowa 27 OSU 27.

Passing: Iowa QB: 26/36 392 2T/1I. OSU QB 19/32, 221, 3T/1I.
Rushing: Iowa RB1: 14 att 18 yds, other stats same for rushing. OSU RB1: 26 att 149, others same.

Thoughts: The #1 thing I wanted was a competitive game. I am going to OT against a bad Iowa team. I got my wish. Overall I don't feel really cheated out of this. I threw one really bad pick that was taken to the house. The other was just stupid. I had my chances to go up bigger but couldn't. I start the 2nd quarter off with a playaction pass. The beauty of the pass was that every other time I had went underneath to the TEs. This time I was going to go up top to my WR on a post. The young FS started shadowing the TEs with his zone, then about a second before I threw it, he had this "oh ****" reaction and started sprinting as hard as he could as my WR was WIDE open. He almost made the play but I reacted just soon enough on the throw, TD. I could have been more aggressive at the end and go for the win. I kicked a 21 yard FG with 3 seconds left. Given the 2 INTs I already had thrown, I just wanted to go to OT because I feel like I can win it and don't want to throw it all away. Minus the pass rush (which could just be erroneous), this game is AWESOME, best I have played so far. We'll see at the end though.

2 OTs: Iowa 34 OSU 47.

Passing: Iowa QB: 27/38 327 3T/2I. OSU QB: 20/33 233 3T/2I.
Rushing: Iowa RB: 15 att 18 yds, rest same as previous. OSU RB: 33 att 180 yds 2 TDs, rest same as previous.

Thoughts: Iowa opened up OT with a 25 yard fly pattern to their WR for a TD. They then took me to 4th down on my first try, however I hit a slant to my WR who got it over the first down, then punished them with my run game. 2nd OT starts, huge run for me, but then a fumble, the game looks done, then my 2nd TE comes from off the screen to pick up the ball and advance it 8 yards. I go on to score in 2 plays. Then, the big non-sack of the game on third down. I send a blitz, it doesn't get there, but my LB forces a bad throw which is picked, and returned for a TD (I wasn't going to just take a knee, I am #12 OSU against a freaking one win Iowa team). In the end, the play of the game was a non sack.

Excellent game, makes me sad I have to go to Cleveland this weekend. That should be detailed enough.

Sliders:

QB:40
PB:0
WRC: 35
RBA: 60 (65 for cpu, just in case that would do anything).
RB: 85

DAWR: 90
KD: 100
INT: 0
BB: 65 (90 CPU)
TK: 50

Last edited by davin; 07-19-2008 at 01:10 AM. Reason: included sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 02:20 AM   #22
MVP

davin's Arena

Played a second (and final) game tonight. I was going to break it down like before, but it was such a blowout.

OSU 45 Purdue 7.

I got 3 sacks in the game. The first one was on a safety blitz, it felt so good. Purdue overall has a better team than Iowa, but it wasn't even a game. Iowa does however have a much deeper secondary. This game was over after the 7th play, when I hit a playaction pass to my #1 WR (former #1 overall recruit). Purdue had no answer for this guy at all. I had my way through the air, but the ground was a lot of work. No Robo QB in this one, Purdue was just outclassed. My starters only played one half, so some of the numbers might not be a real representation of what could have gone down, but I honestly think that by the 2nd half (when the backups came in) Purdue was crushed beyond anything they could hope. Purdue's ground game was a step up from Iowa's, by they still don't have the guys to really run the ball effectively against me.

Passing: Purdue QB: 12/19 96 yds, 1 TD/2 INT. OSU QB1: 16/20 270 yds, 1TD/1INT. OSU QB2: 4/4 25 yds.
Rushing: Purdue RB1: 15 att 48 yds. Purdue QB: 6 att 25 yds. OSU RB1: 8 att 26 yds. OSU QB1: 3 att 3 yds. OSU RB2: 24 att, 75 yds.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #23
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Fistofrage - your sliders are very similar to mine except I play on AA! I KNOW you are a much better NCAA gamer than me but I just want to know if you've done any tests to determine whether any cpu slider actually works on Heisman? They are largely broken on AA and unless someone can confirm that they work on Heisman which would give me a better chance to finetune, I'll stay on AA where I still lose anyways.

I personally think that if they are broken on AA it would make sense they would work the same way on all levels so I will probably avoid Heisman. Might try a game this afternoon on Heisman, get beat soundly and then head back to AA.

Quite frankly, without having the ability to adjust CPU sliders, we can't really change the overall difficulty level of a setting. We can just change the feel for the game. Davin, I think you are screwed because of that.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:07 AM   #24
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Fistofrage - your sliders are very similar to mine except I play on AA! I KNOW you are a much better NCAA gamer than me but I just want to know if you've done any tests to determine whether any cpu slider actually works on Heisman? They are largely broken on AA and unless someone can confirm that they work on Heisman which would give me a better chance to finetune, I'll stay on AA where I still lose anyways.

I personally think that if they are broken on AA it would make sense they would work the same way on all levels so I will probably avoid Heisman. Might try a game this afternoon on Heisman, get beat soundly and then head back to AA.

Quite frankly, without having the ability to adjust CPU sliders, we can't really change the overall difficulty level of a setting. We can just change the feel for the game. Davin, I think you are screwed because of that.
Hey Rudy, I switched back to AA last night and had the QBA at 40, RBA-60, RBL-80. All the D Sliders for both USER and CPU are at 100 except INT at 0 and tackle at 45. I had two of my best games. The first two games:

TCU-24 OkSt (me)-17

Rushing
TCU-22 for 126
OSU-34 for 82

PASSING
TCU
20-39-170-2T-3INT (all in first half)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
OSU
17-28-173-0T-0INT

SACKS
TCU-5 Ok St.-2

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Game 2

(me)WVU-41 Syr-7

TOFF
395-193

Rushing
Devine-21/228/2
White-12/50/1

Brinkley-22/53/1
Robinson-4/0

Passing
White 12-18-119

Robinson 19-29-141-2INTs<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sacks
WVU-2
SYR-1

I think the drop to AA has helped me a get few more realistic stops. I was able to move the ball on Heisman but, some of the CPU drives seemed a bit, IDK...suspicious. AA just seems more realistic right now. To me anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »