Home

FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

This is a discussion on FistofRage's Heisman sliders... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2008, 11:31 AM   #297
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

It sure does seem like the 3rd quarter the CPU just comes out and lays eggs on a regular basis. Wonder why this is? I know its more them then me, but I can't put my finger on it.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #298
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
It sure does seem like the 3rd quarter the CPU just comes out and lays eggs on a regular basis. Wonder why this is? I know its more them then me, but I can't put my finger on it.
Its WIIIDE OPEN!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM   #299
stewaat

OVR:

So is Wisconsin the only playbook that runs a majority of legit plays?

Can we switch everyone to Wisconsin (except crazy spread/option teams) and then alter their run/throw ratios?

Old 08-29-2008, 12:53 PM   #300
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
So is Wisconsin the only playbook that runs a majority of legit plays?

Can we switch everyone to Wisconsin (except crazy spread/option teams) and then alter their run/throw ratios?
I was thinking about doing that too. EA is so foolish. We're spending months again trying to fix a broken game and we'll be doing it again next year too. Why does it take 1 year to produce this game? They need to just concentrate on gameplay for a couple months, properly test it with gamers like us and then whatever time is left over, they can work on making the mascots suits fuzzier and more explosive signature barrell rolls.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:35 PM   #301
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Alright my first game(against Western Michigan) was terrible. The O-line blocking was great on Pass pro, but run blocking was atrocious...Lineman blowing past defender right in front of them, or putting a block on a guy and just falling down. Maybe bump up the O-line blocking?

Robo QB took over, I put a ton of pressure on the QB(then just rushed 3 and 4 guys) and he seemed to ALWAYS get the ball out. WR catching is 0 for both, but they seem to catch EVERYTHING! Put a hit on someone and it never jarred the ball loose. Definitely didn't happen both ways either. WR catch might have to be bumped up, I had to guys drop wide open passes. One was bounced around like crazy then picked off and ran back by the MLB, maybe the craziest play I have seen.

I'm probably just a little off in my game with taking about 3-4 weeks off and not playing it at all. In no way am I blaming my game on your sliders or tips...Just giving my feedback...Theres only so much you can do to help this games poor gameplay experience.

Final score was 28-8...smh Western Michigan beating Nebraska???!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #302
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Alright my first game(against Western Michigan) was terrible. The O-line blocking was great on Pass pro, but run blocking was atrocious...Lineman blowing past defender right in front of them, or putting a block on a guy and just falling down. Maybe bump up the O-line blocking?

Robo QB took over, I put a ton of pressure on the QB(then just rushed 3 and 4 guys) and he seemed to ALWAYS get the ball out. WR catching is 0 for both, but they seem to catch EVERYTHING! Put a hit on someone and it never jarred the ball loose. Definitely didn't happen both ways either. WR catch might have to be bumped up, I had to guys drop wide open passes. One was bounced around like crazy then picked off and ran back by the MLB, maybe the craziest play I have seen.

I'm probably just a little off in my game with taking about 3-4 weeks off and not playing it at all. In no way am I blaming my game on your sliders or tips...Just giving my feedback...Theres only so much you can do to help this games poor gameplay experience.

Final score was 28-8...smh Western Michigan beating Nebraska???!!!
Wow, don't blame the sliders, keep practicing. I am in a Nebraska dynasty and I am killing everyone with a billion house rules and no one over 90 speed on offense.

I was just talking to my friend Chris last night from Utopia about playbooks that don't suck for the CPU to use. Perhaps we should create a thread about this and redo every team to a list of playbooks that work the best. I have found that Wisconsin gives the best game so far offensively of every team I have played.

Here was an idea I had for creating another dynasty. We use some sort of hard sliders (don't care what they are or if they are even default in nature) and our goal is to set every record in the game. We play for 5 years so that we play 1 season where we have all OUR GUYS and we use the super powers and just freaking BLOW the game up with ZERO house rules. It will be a competition for the trophies and for the records period, running the table will be a forgone conclusion. I was thinking teams to take: OSU, Georgia, Florida, USC, Texas and we don't play each other until bowl games. We get to schedule whoever we want in our non conference games which probably WILL dictate who gets to play for the NC since I would guess all will be undefeated.

Anyone want to commit to this? I think I can throw for over 1,000 yards per game by season 4 when I am loaded up with speed. It will be FUNNY as **** and instead of setting there playing being PISSED that the CPU is stupid, I can enjoy hanging 100 points on them and breaking so-in-so's record! Just an idea.....
Old 08-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #303
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Wow, don't blame the sliders, keep practicing. I am in a Nebraska dynasty and I am killing everyone with a billion house rules and no one over 90 speed on offense.

I was just talking to my friend Chris last night from Utopia about playbooks that don't suck for the CPU to use. Perhaps we should create a thread about this and redo every team to a list of playbooks that work the best. I have found that Wisconsin gives the best game so far offensively of every team I have played.

Here was an idea I had for creating another dynasty. We use some sort of hard sliders (don't care what they are or if they are even default in nature) and our goal is to set every record in the game. We play for 5 years so that we play 1 season where we have all OUR GUYS and we use the super powers and just freaking BLOW the game up with ZERO house rules. It will be a competition for the trophies and for the records period, running the table will be a forgone conclusion. I was thinking teams to take: OSU, Georgia, Florida, USC, Texas and we don't play each other until bowl games. We get to schedule whoever we want in our non conference games which probably WILL dictate who gets to play for the NC since I would guess all will be undefeated.

Anyone want to commit to this? I think I can throw for over 1,000 yards per game by season 4 when I am loaded up with speed. It will be FUNNY as **** and instead of setting there playing being PISSED that the CPU is stupid, I can enjoy hanging 100 points on them and breaking so-in-so's record! Just an idea.....
I'm not sure it keeps track of online dynasty single game records. I broke record before like returning an int 98 yards, only to break the record again by returning one 85 yards the next game because it had records at 75 default.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #304
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I'm not sure it keeps track of online dynasty single game records. I broke record before like returning an int 98 yards, only to break the record again by returning one 85 yards the next game because it had records at 75 default.
I know it does the season records because it tells you all of them at the end. I have to imagine that if we did this that part would take 2 full minutes to get through as I think we would break every record the game has by year 5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »