Home

FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

This is a discussion on FistofRage's Heisman sliders... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2008, 11:15 AM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: FistofRage's Heisman sliders...

Funny thing. I just tried a half game on Heisman this morning after playing the same half of a game on AA and I was surprised by how well it played. I left my AA sliders exactly the same on Heisman and the game felt fine. I actually think the running game is easier on Heisman but the passing game more difficult. One half game of a sample size is certainly enough to go on lol.

I was Clemson against Pitt and their QB sucked when I played on Heisman so I don't know. I'm going to give Heisman some playing time and see what happens. It doesn't feel that much different than AA. It feels fair and more intense. I've only played a half a game but I did fine. Whenever I've tried Heisman in the past I've had to really juice the sliders in my favour but it felt good in my limited time. The one thing I liked was that punt returns on Heisman seemed much more difficult. I really liked that aspect unlike the house rules I have to apply to myself on AA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 12:17 PM   #26
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Davin, I think you are screwed because of that.
I had a pretty good game last night vs Iowa, even though it was much harder than I expected. I am using these during my dynasty and well, I had a 3 game streak against bad teams whose running games really kind of suck so it is hard to really tell. I felt like Purdue actually could run the ball, if they just had a runningback who was better (instead of an 81 overall with 86 speed). My next game is against MSU who has a pretty good RB, but I have to go to Cleveland for two days.

Part of me is worried though. Usually once I start off with new sliders it takes me time to adjust my play. Purdue should have been harder, but I think a 71 yard strike early in the game, followed by a 53 yard one just killed them.

Overall, if the games would always play like the Iowa game in terms of difficulty, I would be happy. I fought for every yard in that game. Although the CPU QB scared me, it was apparent that the QB could be stopped as evidenced by the Purdue game when I faced a better passing game and just shut it down. I need to face a good running game to really get a feel. It is also hard to judge the sliders because my defense overall is a 96 (but I think plays far weaker than that, as I had a 91 overall defense the year before that just rocked, I lost 8 starters on defense). I have to take into account that I am Ohio State. I should outclass the other team in almost every area.I haven't played a team on the same talent level in several games. I have Michigan coming up (who is finally built back up) and then the bowl game. I know I was using different sliders for the bowl game in the previous year, but I couldn't really do anything at all against FSU and lost.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:55 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Thanks for the responses guys. I really don't know if any of the CPU sliders work, with a 2 year old, and working everyday until 6 or so, and now golf tournaments and lots of range time, I just don't have the time to analyze every slider like I used to.

Well, that and the developer admitting that the sliders for the AI are linked to the human, makes it impossible to tweak this game like I want. That being said, here are the sliders I am set on that are the best:

QB ACC 40-45. I actually see the AI throw some fly and post patterns(a couple a game) because there arm strength is good enough to get the ball deep.

RB ability 60-65, the AI really needs 65 to be as effective as they should be, but human needs closer to 60. Anyway the run game is there. I think slide blocking does work for run. I can seal off the ends and they definitely pinch when you tell them to.

WR catching. I moved it down to 10 last night and the AI actually had some passes that went wide left and right. Could route running be tied to this?

Run block is effective human needs around 70, AI needs higher, but can't do much about that at the moment.

Pass block needs to be 0 to 10 for the d-line to be effective.

I found that Defensive awareness for the AI has a sweet spot of 75+, they really get good at 75, jumping routes, etc. Human seems to get worse if you go baove 70 for some reason.

Knockdowns need to be 90+ for the cornerbacks to play better D but it makes the long ball difficult, but against weaker teams, you can still dow well.

INT should be 1-10. The defenders get too many picks if higher.

Break block, needs to be 70+ so the pass rush is effective, but you have to balance this with the run block slider to not kill the run game.

Tackling at 50 is good. Good backs, especially good AI backs break alot of tackles.

Thats about it for my findings, keep posting your thoughts. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:10 PM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Your slider thoughts echo mine although I like the knockdowns and awareness closer to default. I got spanked by Nebraska with Colorado so I need to improve if I expect to stay at this level. Quite frankly, the team I start with in my dynasty may dictate the level. I can start with a good SEC team and not feel guilty if I stay on Heisman.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 PM   #29
Rookie

cwilson250733's Arena

OVR: 5

Ive had some really good games using arkansas I lost big to w. virginia an then i won big against memphis ive had really good rushing stats for both hum an cpu. i made only one small change to the running game an it seem to make a big difference an that was moving the running back ability to 100 an run blocking to 0 an im getting about 4-6 yard a carry average a game ive played several games using these, my best game was at mississippi st it took 2 ot's. Dixon was a monster he had 33 carries 183 yard 4 tds longest 21 yards. I ended up winning the game on a fumbled pitch on a toss play on their second play in the 2nd over time the final score was 46-39. Neither QB had good games i was 11-24 for 209 3tds 0 ints an CPU's QB was 14-26 199 1td an 1 int but it was a great game. LOVE THE SLIDERS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
Old 07-20-2008, 11:46 PM   #30
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I had a pretty realistic game last game. I was against MSU, and won 31-21. MSU in the game was 3-6 on the year, and I dominated most of the game, with MSU scoring on my 2nd team defense late.

The only problem I had was that MSU refused to run the ball when it was close. Their RB finished with 10 carries for 82 yards.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:37 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
I had a pretty realistic game last game. I was against MSU, and won 31-21. MSU in the game was 3-6 on the year, and I dominated most of the game, with MSU scoring on my 2nd team defense late.

The only problem I had was that MSU refused to run the ball when it was close. Their RB finished with 10 carries for 82 yards.
Go in and see what Michigan STate's coach settings are in dynasty. That will probably explain that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 10:03 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OK, I did some more testing last night. With RBA around 40, the AI seems to run more North and South with less juking. The downside is, you have to drop awareness to about 25 or the defense gets too much of a speed boost.

Break Block needs to be 95/100 and pass block needs to be 0/5 to get reasonable pressure.

So I changed the sliders a little for now.

QBA 45/45
Pass Block 0
WR Catch 5
RBA 40
RB Block 75

Defense Awr 25
KD 95
INT 0
BB 95
Tackling 20

What I have found is that the line will block pretty decent on running plays, but you have to make a move with your RB to Spring him. I also found this to be a setting where Players Speed matches their ratings. I.E. I saw Trent of Michigan Speed 95, Rund Down Javon Ringer Speed 90 from behind after about 30 yards. I also had Javon break a 67 yard run where noone was even near him after he got by the bitzing safety.

I honestly think if you just keep adjusting sliders at this point, you will always end up back in the same place. For a couple reasons:

1. We all know the pass rush is weak so you have to adjust pass block and break block.
2. The defensive awareness can not be higher than RBA or the defense will get a speed advantage over the AI.
3. Knockdowns need to be high because this also effects how closely the defender will guard the receiver.
4. INT needs to be low.
5. QB accuracy also effects arm strength so it needs tyo be at least 40 to support deep throws.
And Finally:
6. All sliders are based off of human as far as we know so for the time being you have to put all sliders the same for Human and CPU. So this makes it impossible to completely customize the game.

All I know is right now, with these sliders, the game plays better than default.

I will say that I also tried using "0" sliders and got some pretty decent results. But they needed some tweaking so I started adjusting from there. I have put in 20+ games which isn't even close enough to test everything I want because sometimes I get really good games and sometimes I see ROBO QB, no sacks. Sometimes I see good punt coverage, sometimes I see no one around for 50 yards. It does get perplexing.

SOme of the sliders like RBA are real responsive where break block and run block sliders are pretty subtle.

Last edited by fistofrage; 07-21-2008 at 10:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »