Home

Matt10's Varsity Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Varsity Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 01:52 AM   #25
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Matt10's Varsity Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Your running stats look pretty good - I like that PSU ran the ball alot, they should. Would you say it was fairly easy to run on the CPU?
Yeah, I would say so. I definitely don't have any complaints about it being too difficult to run. Actually, I kind of questioned all of my offensive production that game. I mean, should UConn really be totalling over 400 yds against Penn St. It could've been a fluke. Who knows? Stranger things have happened in real life. Just look at last season for example. I think that once this slider issue is corrected this will be one hell of a game. Its already fun and half of the game is broken, ha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #26
Pro

DereckM's Arena

OVR: 8

I will give these a try on the 360 and see what I get. I have tried a few different sliders on Heisman and AA. But something about them just did not feel right. At least thats how it seemed to me.

Anyway I will let you know what I come up with after a few games.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 PM   #27
Pro

DereckM's Arena

Ok finished game. At first I didnt think these sliders would make much of a difference. I can say I was wrong. I played with Nevada vs NU(Northwestern). First play of the game NU threw a 40 yard pass. I was like well there is something new haha.

Anyway both teams are even as far as ratings and all. Here are a few stats

Nevada(me) vs NU
score 47-27

total off 454 / 370

rushes-yrds 40-134 / 23-91

comp-att 25-36 / 17-28

pass yards 320 / 279

Note neither of the teams are Off. or Def. power houses. There were no INTs and 2 fumbles. Also there were a few sacks from both teams.

All in all it was fun and it seemed to be very sim-like. Now I must ask you guys is the patch out for the roster glitch? I dont have players names in and all. But if its fixed I would like to know how to get them on my system. Oh im playing on the xbox 360 if I didnt mention it.
Old 07-21-2008, 05:48 PM   #28
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17

Just defeated ULM 31-3 as Arkansas. Here are the stats from my game:

ULM - ARK
First Downs 13 - 17
Total Offense 220 - 395
Rushing 28/47/0 - 25/177/3
Passing 24/27/0 - 20/23/1
Passing Yards 173 - 218
Turnovers 0 (1 fumble) - 1 (interception)
Penalties 1/10 yards - 4/25 yards
TOP 15:44 - 12:19

Individual

Passing
Dick Ark. 20/23 218 1TD 1 INT Sacked 1 time
Revell ULM 24/27 173 0 TD 0 INT Sacked 6 times

Rushing
Curtis Ark. 19 carries 153 yards 8.0 YPC 3 TD's
Goodin ULM 17 carries 43 yards 2.5 YPC 0 TD's

Defense
W. Davis Ark. 13 Tackles 3 TFL 1 Sack
Webb ULM 11 Tackles

Kicking
Tejada Ark. 1/2 FG 4/4 XP
Jabour ULM 1/1 FG

I played 7 minute quarters and I left HFA on. Besides a 60 yard TD run on the first play of the game it was very competitive. After that play I though, man, these sliders are not going to be very good since the sliders I had been using had the RB ability turned down, but I was wrong.

ULM's rushing attack was actually more effective than their stats show. The six sacks knocked that number down. Their QB torched me a few times for 8-10 yards but because of the sacks he finished with only 11 yards rushing.

Next, passing game was way to accurate. I played with the QB accuracy at 35/40, thinking of moving it down to 30 and seeing what happens.

The game was definently a lot tougher with these sliders and more enjoyable. I know I won by 4 TD's but it still felt like I had to keep changing things up to be successful on offense and defense. This was a game I was supposed to win so we will see how good they are next week when I play at Texas!

Quick question, does anybody think that if I turned knockdowns up to possibly 10 it would make the QB accuracy go down?
Old 07-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #29
Pro

DereckM's Arena

I played another game against Tennessee. I am using nevada. Tenn. is an A rated team Nevada is C. I dont have any stats but let me tell you it was a complete domination.

I did have a few good runs and got a little offense going in the 4th qtr. But from the start of the game Tenn. came out blazing. They went up by 14 in the first qtr. Then at the half it was 28 to 7.

Anyway I have never seen the cpu team throw the ball up and jump over my CB to catch it. They did this to me many times on Hook routes. They just threw the ball high and jumped and got the ball over my CBs. Actually it was great because my tallest CB is 5'11''.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/50162

This is just one play when Tenn. blew me up for going over the middle. I fumbled 4 times against them. So far I like the way varsity plays with these sliders.

Last edited by DereckM; 07-21-2008 at 06:48 PM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #30
Rookie

es0090's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm using your sliders for my 360 Dynasty and my first 3 games have been great. First game I hammered FCS 61-0, but my next two games were great

Uconn - 28 Temple - 31, I went for a game tying field goal with 3 seconds left, Temple iced me and I got all flusterd and missed badly.

Uconn - 38 Virginia - 28, Virginia had a chance to win or tie it with about 1 minute left, Around midfield I intercepted an out pattern and ran it back with about 30 seconds left to seal it.

So far I've had fun games that have both gone down to the wire. CPU QB % has been around 65% and mine has been 61% on the season(5 TD's 1 INT). I have been breaking alot of runs though. My RB is second in the Nation with about 7.5 yds per carry. Overall though I've been lovin it...
Old 07-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Very nice guys. I dont have much time - but when I get back I will look into some things. For instance, the hum RBs are getting some pretty good yardage - I too have broken a few, almost too many broken tackles, would any of you say?

Great stuff - keep it going with the stats, love reading about it, glad we are still enjoying it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #32
Pro

DereckM's Arena

Yeah I have noticed a few too many broken tackles myself. Maybe we just need to move the tackles up a bit. I dont think we should mess with the RB ability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »