Home

Matt10's Varsity Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Varsity Sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 08:23 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Matt10's Varsity Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by es0090
My best lineman is 86 rating, but I have a awful time getting sacks. In 4 games I have 1 user sack, the rest are by cpu-controlled guys. It was the same last year for me. Any tips...
Honestly... get better linemen. It sounds silly but true. If I knew your team I would better be able to give you some tips. But as far as with my good linemen, I just mix blitzes, and shift the line all around depending on situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #66
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Well, so much for my worries that the CPU wouldn't put up a fight.

San Diego State - 41
Notre Dame(me) - 38 OT

ND
Clausen - 21/34 425 4 TD 3 Int, 1 lost fumble 61% 5 sacks against
TD passes of 55, 80, 45 & 38

Aldridge - 21/118 1 TD 71 long

SDSt
Westling - 25/34 284 3 TD 0 INT 73% 2 sacks against

Henderson - 9/31 3.4 1 TD long 21
Sullivan - 6/34 5.6 long 21

A wild game - I was down 24-0 early in the second quarter. The turnovers really did me in, I had 5 and got 0 and still made a game of it. I had a hard time running the ball and I usually try to pound it. Obviously being down I had to throw more.

I'm going to play a few more with these settings. I can't believe I just lost to San Diego State.

Last edited by mdgoalie37; 07-22-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:43 PM   #67
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

My skill level is usually between AA and Heisman year after year in NCAA (great passer, average rusher), but not this year. Just something not quite right about those levels this year.

You guys are onto what I have been doing this year -- using beefed up Varsity. I had some higher values for sliders, with mixed results. I am looking forward to trying these out now. If I find the time, I will post my stats. My only concern is that with QB acc low, the CPU won't attempt any deep balls (they don't anyway very often however). Also, with tackling low, there may be too many broken tackles that shouldn't happen. I will check them out, and give you some feedback. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:24 PM   #68
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

DrUrsus - I have had a few deep balls thrown on me in my 2 games with these sliders. Honestly I don't think they throw deep, period.

Big difference in this game:

Oregon State - 10
Penn State(me) - 31

PSU
Clark - 9/22 105 1 INT 40% 1 Rushing TD

Royster - 19 / 143 2 TD

OR State
Canfield - 18/31 187 1 INT 58%

Francis - 6/35 5.8 - got hurt in 2nd quarter
Fuller - 10/8 0.8

I controlled the game for the most part - it was 31-3 when they scored on a pick-6 when I emptied the bench. I had Williams score on a 95 yard punt return, he is incredible in the open field.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:17 AM   #69
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

I am getting GREAT results with these sliders. Although I do have the KND at 100.

The scores of my games with the sliders:

*AUB (me)-13 ALA-3

ALA QB was 15-35

*Ole Miss (me) 31 TENN-30

FG on the last play of the game

*ND (me)-28 MICH-27

*Ole Miss (me) -24 Miss St.-10

Game was 10-3 with MSU driving late in the 3rd and I had a 95yd. pick 6. My only int of the game.

The MSU QB was 24-36 and Snead was 12-21. I also had 6 sacks in the game mainly because I no longer control the DLine. That's completely different from how I've always played defense. I take a LB and play his position no matter if it's zone or covering a RB out of the backfield. This makes a HUGE difference. I can honestly say that two of the 6 sacks were coverage sacks where I took away the first option for the QB. Don't get me wrong I still the OL/DL interaction is whack but, playing as a safety or a LB helps ALOT.

The thing that I like most about the sliders is that I'm getting a variety of games. Low scoring slugfests and a shootout here and there. I see a fair amount of penalties and definitely more missed FG. Some games have 5 TOs, some have 1 or 2. That's what I'm looking for.

If the patch can fix the kicking game the OL/DL, and the CPU playcalling AI this could be great. I'm seeing way too many fake punts around midfield. I also see the CPU going for it on 4th down a bit too often.
Old 07-23-2008, 12:33 AM   #70
Rookie

es0090's Arena

OVR: 2

After mostly low turnover games, I just had a sloppy one. 5 INT's thrown by me, 3 by the CPU (all in the 2nd Half), and I won!

Louisville's Offense was unstoppable in the first half, the QB only missing 2 passes, and I could'nt make any passes. They were intercepting everything. All the sudden in the 4th quarter it swapped, I was intercepting everything and they could'nt do a thing. I scored 28 points in the 4th to win it, all this and I was thwe away team. It was strange though, all the sudden on 3rd downs they would be doing odd QB keepers and Option runs by the QB. It seemed like the game was waitin for me to take advantage and win the thing. Don't get me wrong, it was hell a fun, but felt like I they were letting me win...
Old 07-23-2008, 12:46 AM   #71
Rookie

AC006299's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by es0090
After mostly low turnover games, I just had a sloppy one. 5 INT's thrown by me, 3 by the CPU (all in the 2nd Half), and I won!

Louisville's Offense was unstoppable in the first half, the QB only missing 2 passes, and I could'nt make any passes. They were intercepting everything. All the sudden in the 4th quarter it swapped, I was intercepting everything and they could'nt do a thing. I scored 28 points in the 4th to win it, all this and I was thwe away team. It was strange though, all the sudden on 3rd downs they would be doing odd QB keepers and Option runs by the QB. It seemed like the game was waitin for me to take advantage and win the thing. Don't get me wrong, it was hell a fun, but felt like I they were letting me win...
I found that when I play as Louisville if i have a killer first half at some point second half i get shut down and no one is open...i like that it seems like the AI is making adjustments to UL's pass heavy offence
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 12:52 AM   #72
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

I think Varsity level might be the way to go once the sliders are fixed but for right not its just becoming way too easy. I was playing a season with Nebraska and started out 5-0 including wins over Va Tech and Missouri. I was then beating Texas Tech on the road when I just decided enough was enough. Oh, and not to mention I had been playing with my backup QB and RB due to injuries. And like oldman up there, I was playing with Arkansas as well last week and beat Texas, Alabama and Auburn with relative ease. Heisman at times can be just stupid hard against even the mid-level teams, so I think I am finally going to give All American a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »