Home

THE TRUE EFFECT OF EACH SLIDER DEFINED

This is a discussion on THE TRUE EFFECT OF EACH SLIDER DEFINED within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
THE TRUE EFFECT OF EACH SLIDER DEFINED

I have been testing sliders for many years and some I know what they do and some well I think I know what they do. So I am going to define the best I can and since no one can tell us what sliders really do lets just do it ourselves.

OFFENSE

qb accuracy- how on target a qb is, not alot to this one

pass block - how far my o line gets pushed back or how well they push the d line back

wr catch- how FAST the receiver is on the field, and once the ball is close does the receiver magically skate to the ball or keep runnin his normal pace

rb ability- how well he jukes and spins, how fast he is, if to high can turn an 85 rated back into reggie bush, to low can turn reggie into a 2nd stringer

run block- defined the same as pass block with the o and d lines

DEFENSE

def awa- how quickly your def players react once that ball is thrown, do they react as soon as the qb lets go, or does it take till the ball is half way to the receiver before a reaction happens

knock downs- how fast the def players are on the field, do they magically skate to the ball to knock it down or do they continue at the same speed

int- i think this makes it either a higher % of ints or a lower one, not exactly sure

break block- how the d line pushes the o line, can they get to the qb in a few seconds or not at all

tackle- basically how well your d tackles or can the offense break a few tackles before being brought down

Now these are my interpretation of sliders truly defined, do you guys have better or different definitions? Lets all work together to truly figure these out, I spent a long time looking for true definitions of sliders, i dont want everyone to have to.

Please try and post here, this could be a very informative post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #2
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Re: THE TRUE EFFECT OF EACH SLIDER DEFINED

QB accuracy also affects how far a qb can throw.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:39 PM   #3
Rookie

merg311's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275
QB accuracy also affects how far a qb can throw.

Yeah, I would say it drastically affects how far a QB can throw way more than actual accuracy.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
Rookie

So what is he best way to test that slider? go into practice and see how far he can sling it? If so how far should a top rated qb be able to throw, 60 yds? compared to an avg qb 50?
Old 07-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

in last gen knockdowns controlled the jump on the ball when it left the cpu's hand. int's controlled how close the defender was to the wr when running a route and increased the defenders chance of catching it. it doesn't seem to be that way anymore. i think your actually right on with these. seems that awr is what controls how well they cover. that makes alot more sense. good job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove7
So what is he best way to test that slider? go into practice and see how far he can sling it? If so how far should a top rated qb be able to throw, 60 yds? compared to an avg qb 50?
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-practice.html

I have some doubts that slider works in practice like it works in game though. Seems like in game you can throw a little farther than you can in practices as the slider is lowered.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:27 PM   #7
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

I agree with you on that one mudtiger.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
Rookie

jmanhsa's Arena

OVR: 2

Wouldn't def. awar. also have to do with how fast they react to counters, play action, etc. and how quickly the defenders start puruing the ball on normal plays?

-Wayne Woodrow "Woody" Hayes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »