Home

Assuming the sliders do get "fixed"

This is a discussion on Assuming the sliders do get "fixed" within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Assuming the sliders do get "fixed"

What changes need to be made? I like to play with equal sliders for AI and CPU anyway, but lets say the CPU sliders were effective, I am not so sure we can fix the game to where it needs to be.

I think this game is just programmed badly. You don't really feel like you are using strategy on defense and it drives me crazy. The defenders are just too dumbed down and with the Throwing Power tied to accuracy you are handcuffed to having a Robo QB if you want a deep ball too. Nothing is going to help the return game.

About the only thing that can really be fine tuned is the running game, and I can get pretty good results on both sides of the ball as it is.

Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #2
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Assuming the sliders do get "fixed"

For the most part I have to agree, if they fix the sliders we can maybe get a marginal improvement over how the game plays now. What I am hoping for is a patch that just doesn't address the sliders but has some AI tweak in there as well. They have to get the CPU throwing deep, they need to get the return game in order and they need to make the front four more effective.

There has been discussion on the lose of speed after the snap on defense so hopefully that would not be a major change to fix. However, I do not hold out a lot of hope for the gameplay issues to be patched. That is why I really appreciate what you slider gurus do in trying to get this game playable in its current state and I think you guys have accomplished that.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Assuming the sliders do get "fixed"

I think fixing the sliders will be huge. Having to set the human and cpu run blocking the same and the defensive awareness the same are my biggest concerns. On AA I'd like to juice the cpu rushing attack up a little more than mine and also boost their pass defense a little more too. On Heisman I want to do the opposite and certainly drop the cpu pass block more than me.

With a combined human and cpu slider system, you can't really change the overall difficulty level of a game. You just change the feel of the game. For some players who are too good for one level and not good enough for a higher level, its impossible to finetune the game to their skill set with the current sliders. I get good games on AA although I wouldn't mind a little boost for the cpu in spots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »