Home

After testing them all....

This is a discussion on After testing them all.... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
After testing them all....

I'm convinced NONE of these slider sets are that much differant from each other and without the power to set the CPU and HUM differently we are all wasting our time.

I respect the hell out of the slider gguru's on here and across the web but in my humble opinion we are all just running in mud at this point.

No slider set fixes all the numerous issues this game has, namely on defense.

I'm rolling with NJ Papi's and actually simming some defensive series because I cannot keep banging my head against the wall against the CPU. I play for a sim experience and to have fun...right now playing defense isn't enjoyable in the least.

Best of luck to all the slider guys, I'm going to wait for a patch to rejoin the quest in that department. Real shame considering the massive potential of this game and the great community of gamers here at OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: After testing them all....

lol, it's tough i know.

I'm actually having some good games. So close, and some blow outs when i play top rank teams. The trick for me with my sliders is only the QBA. I want to make sure that the setting works for Good QB and bad QB.

ie: let say i set the QBA at 40/40 and it allows good QB and great QB to throw 60 to 70%. Now if I put a bad QB in, he should only throw around 40 to 50% against that same team. This is the balance I'm trying to accomplish. It doesn't help if all, good or bad, can throw 60% to 70% against good teams.

You need to play 1 or 2 games just cpu vs cpu and see how the "AI" plays. Try it one time and see. Do you get a close to realistic game play? IMO, i've had some close to realistic games playing this way.

I'm fine with all my settings, just want to get the QBA to work for Good and Bad QB's.

Right now I'm playing MSU vs Cal and Cal is winning 17-7 late in the 2nd quarter.

Last edited by claystone; 07-24-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: After testing them all....

Only some of the sliders actually work. In order to control the cpu QB accuracy u have to tone down the HUMAN ACC, but this will effect both you and the CPU. The QB ACC slider on the cpu side does absolutely nothing. Your right homie. Playing with these sliders will drive u insane. Im just trying to get the defense going.

Im playing on Heisman. My issues were the following. Running on the CPU, slowing down the cpu's passing game, and generating a pass rush. This is what I found.

Moving the sliders for running ability do work well, and run blocking. I moved them both to 75 on the human side of the sliders and rushed for 277yrds and 5 tds, so ill tone it down some. I had the hurricnes and played Texas a&m. T A&M isnt a great team but 277 came easy, but running ability slider plays a huge part in getting a running game on the heisman level.

Getting a pass rush is a headache and a patch is needed for this, and finding sliders to get a realistic pass defense doesnt exist.

I feel the one thing is they screwed up is the sliders. They dont work properly and some dont work at all, so this is one area they need to address.

At this point I would take the NCAA that was on XBOX with 720p resolution with a roster update and call it a day. The old gen ncaa and madden were more solid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »