Home

Old 07-25-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
QB ACC Slider

I was just thinking, maybe the QB Acc slider needs to be changed by QB, meaning since they all seem to play the same on default maybe we need to adjust the slider based on who is playing.

I haven't tried anything yet, just a theory. Obviously you would need to make adjustments before each series since the HUM slider effects the CPU as well.

Maybe a scale like this:

I would base on OVR rating as the QB ACC slider doesn't only affect accuracy but also throwing power. I would probably base this on the All American level.

Overall Slider
95-99 - 50
90-94 - 45
85-89 - 40
80-84 - 35
75-79 - 30
70-74 - 25
65-69 - 20
60-64 - 15

This would go a long way toward seeing the differences between QBs but it doesn't guarantee anything as I've been carved up by lesser QBs with the ACC slider at 35.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2008, 12:16 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: QB ACC Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I was just thinking, maybe the QB Acc slider needs to be changed by QB, meaning since they all seem to play the same on default maybe we need to adjust the slider based on who is playing.

I haven't tried anything yet, just a theory. Obviously you would need to make adjustments before each series since the HUM slider effects the CPU as well.

Maybe a scale like this:

I would base on OVR rating as the QB ACC slider doesn't only affect accuracy but also throwing power. I would probably base this on the All American level.

Overall Slider
95-99 - 50
90-94 - 45
85-89 - 40
80-84 - 35
75-79 - 30
70-74 - 25
65-69 - 20
60-64 - 15

This would go a long way toward seeing the differences between QBs but it doesn't guarantee anything as I've been carved up by lesser QBs with the ACC slider at 35.

Good theory, but the problem with that is, let say i have a QB rated 70, but his THP is 90. If we adjust him down, he won't be able to throw long passes. It seems 40/40 and up QB's are able to throw deep passes. Mostly 45/45 and up i've been seeing more deep passes. This works also in reverse.

The trick here is to find a setting that works for good and bad QB. You want to have a QB with high rating have a good comp %, and on the same setting have an awful QB have a bad comp %.

When i had my QBA at 45/45, my QB with a strong arm (89+) was throwing deep balls. But, I also notice having KD at 95/95 made it impossible to complete a deep pass against good and bad defenses. So I change my KD back to my original 0/0. By doing this my QB was able to drop passes in my WR arms when he was in stride running.

It's the QB for me that is that i just need to get right. Everything else is playing fine for me.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Good theory, but the problem with that is, let say i have a QB rated 70, but his THP is 90. If we adjust him down, he won't be able to throw long passes. It seems 40/40 and up QB's are able to throw deep passes. Mostly 45/45 and up i've been seeing more deep passes. This works also in reverse.

The trick here is to find a setting that works for good and bad QB. You want to have a QB with high rating have a good comp %, and on the same setting have an awful QB have a bad comp %.

When i had my QBA at 45/45, my QB with a strong arm (89+) was throwing deep balls. But, I also notice having KD at 95/95 made it impossible to complete a deep pass against good and bad defenses. So I change my KD back to my original 0/0. By doing this my QB was able to drop passes in my WR arms when he was in stride running.

It's the QB for me that is that i just need to get right. Everything else is playing fine for me.
I don't disagree with anything you say, but since the CPU rarely throws deep anyway I figure what the heck. I'll try it thsi weekend and report back if anyone cares.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 10

I have used something like this before. I did it on all teams. For instance, if you had a team with a QB of 80....and RB of 85....then thats what the sliders were. Your team might be higher/lower.......sort of gives you a different game each week only changes your team sliders.

This year it seems the sliders are broke.....with the rating working the same for both CPU and human...so I don't know if you will be able to do it, unless you change the sliders each series.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #5
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

This is an interesting idea but I don't think it will work. I did a lot of testing for my sliders and I was always playing around with the QB Accuracy slider. However, an issue, like what you kind of mentioned, comes up with the slider at 35 and lower. Obviously we want to lower the Completion Percentages but when I had the slider down at 35, the QB never even attempted to go deep and would always look for the flats or the short pass over the middle. The CPU QB actually had higher percentages with a lower rating. It's as if they're self aware of their capability with the slider. This is also why I ended up raising the slider up to 45 with my latest set. So, in an odd turn, I'm seeing lower percentages with a higher rating on the slider.

....They still aren't low enough most of the time though.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »