Home

Does Anyone Remember......

This is a discussion on Does Anyone Remember...... within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
MVP

BleacherCreature's Arena

OVR: 16
Does Anyone Remember......

Way back when sports games didn't have sliders?
We had, if we were lucky, 3 difficulty levels to shoose from? If we got too good on the easy (rookie) level we moved up to the middle level which was the "pro" level. Then once we figured that out we jumped up to.....look out......"all-star"?
And if we weren't very good we'd play and play till our fingers bled until we were good enough to win whatever championship was involved in whatever sports game we were playing?
Seeing all the slider testing and tweaking we're faced with now I kind of miss the simplicity of those early games.

OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 12:23 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Does Anyone Remember......

This thread comes around every year. I wholeheartedly disagree.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #3
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Last edited by Tyrant8RDFL; 07-27-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:00 AM   #4
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

I totally agree with his comment. Games were best with just levels of play period.
SOme Sliders are fine if done simple , but they are not and sometimes they dont work correctly.

I went back to just playing the level at Heisman default sliders and only touching the RB ability and run blocking. I notice one thing about this game. MOMENTUM. If u have it, all goes your way and if u dont then it doesnt, and no matter what u do with the sliders, u are not going to change the momentum, and this is way u see time after time, versions 1 thru 10 for slider settings.

Not knocking those that love to go through the sliders motions. Its cool that some members really go through alot to help others, but man no matter what we do it isnt going to fix what they programed wrong.

In the end u just need to play the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »