Home

Has anyone messed around with the coach aggressiveness sliders?

This is a discussion on Has anyone messed around with the coach aggressiveness sliders? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Has anyone messed around with the coach aggressiveness sliders?

Just wondering what this controls. Because we rarely see the AI air it out. I wonder what plays the AI thinks are agrressive. If this slider does anything it may hold a key to some other items.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #2

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Has anyone messed around with the coach aggressiveness sliders?

It doesnt do anything, Ive played a handful of games while maxing this out for every team Ive played and it hasnt caused them to throw deep at all. I cant say whether or not they are calling more plays to go deep and just throwing short but they certainly arent stretching the field by throwing the deep pass at all.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

If I had to guess, I'd guess that has more to do with going for it instead of punting or kicking field goals. I think every team has the same play picking AI (based on down and distance almost entirely) and it's only altered by available plays in the playbook + run/pass slider in dyansty.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Well I hate that teams will run silly QB options with a slow as Molassed QB. I was hoping that moving the slider to conservative would cause more tradition running plays with a RB.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:16 PM   #5
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Well I hate that teams will run silly QB options with a slow as Molassed QB. I was hoping that moving the slider to conservative would cause more tradition running plays with a RB.
Hmm, rethinking it, it very well could force the cpu to call more aggressive plays, but in the end it doesn't matter too much because the cpu qb is more willing to throw to the short routes. I don't know, maybe I'll start a dynasty and put half of my schedule at 100 and the other half at 0 and see what happens.

...though when you hit the back button for help, nessler has a voice over that specifically says you can alter how the team should be run during *simulation*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudtiger
Hmm, rethinking it, it very well could force the cpu to call more aggressive plays, but in the end it doesn't matter too much because the cpu qb is more willing to throw to the short routes. I don't know, maybe I'll start a dynasty and put half of my schedule at 100 and the other half at 0 and see what happens.

...though when you hit the back button for help, nessler has a voice over that specifically says you can alter how the team should be run during *simulation*

Post your test results and I'll post mine. Michigan is a perfect example. Their QB is wretched, yet he runs cheesy options half the time. When handing the ball to the back would be a much better option for them.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #7
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Post your test results and I'll post mine. Michigan is a perfect example. Their QB is wretched, yet he runs cheesy options half the time. When handing the ball to the back would be a much better option for them.
Or just change their playbook if it bothers you that much.

For the sim engine, which is unrelated to the actual gameplay engine, I actually changed WVU's offense to use Florida's playbook instead of WVU's because Pat White was was barely getting any carries and Devine was getting around 300-315.

My biggest pet peeve may be the slow CPU QBs running the Option Read (Choice) plays. It's just painful to watch in motion (slow-motion that is).
Old 08-01-2008, 03:40 PM   #8
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

Quote:
Here's what I'll do, I'll play a half against my first opponent with aggr. at 0 then quit, reset it to 100, and play the 1st half again. If there is a difference in actual gameplay, I'd think it should be pretty obvious playing 10 minute quarters for a half.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »