Home

Pre Patch: HUM Offense (Heisman), HUM Defense (All American)

This is a discussion on Pre Patch: HUM Offense (Heisman), HUM Defense (All American) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #9
stewaat

OVR:
Re: Pre Patch: HUM Offense (Heisman), HUM Defense (All American)

AA 100%

Robo QB makes me wanna puke

Old 08-14-2008, 12:55 PM   #10
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Which way are you leaning when the 2nd patch comes out? AA or Heisman?
All American.

Sure Heisman is "hard", but I'm not looking for "hard", I'm looking for "realistic".

Dropping to AA almost completely eliminates Robo QB and greatly decreases the insane pass blocking.

With the ability to tweak sliders, I can juice up the CPU Run game and get some really great results IMO.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:14 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

These sliders are officially terrible in one man's eyes when it comes to AI rushing. I played three games this weekend against Clemson's vaunted tailback tandem, and those boys really tore me up -- they averaged 15 carries and 43 yards per game over the set. Way to go, boys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #12
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas8099
These sliders are officially terrible in one man's eyes when it comes to AI rushing. I played three games this weekend against Clemson's vaunted tailback tandem, and those boys really tore me up -- they averaged 15 carries and 43 yards per game over the set. Way to go, boys!
It's pick your poison. The game isn't going to be realistic on any level. On Heisman you're gonna face robo QB, on AA you're gonna face JV running backs.

Having HUM/CPU sliders is 100% necessary for this game!

Old 08-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat

I absolutely agree, I'm looking forward to testing out the game when all sliders actually work. Don't get me wrong, I'm still enjoying myself right now, but the AI run game is non-existent and that's not what I'm looking for.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #14
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
It's pick your poison. The game isn't going to be realistic on any level. On Heisman you're gonna face robo QB, on AA you're gonna face JV running backs.

QFT, except I'd rather have the CPU be able to run the ball and just deal with ROBO QB. Without a CPU run game, the game is very BORING, especially since the CPU does not go deep. They really need to fix the CPU play calling because it's too predictable and every team plays the same.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:47 PM   #15
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
QFT, except I'd rather have the CPU be able to run the ball and just deal with ROBO QB. Without a CPU run game, the game is very BORING, especially since the CPU does not go deep. They really need to fix the CPU play calling because it's too predictable and every team plays the same.
I felt the same way....for a bit.

Then...after the 197th "Robo QB" moment where I wanted to throw my controller through a window, I decided to play on AA when on Defense, for the good of my blood pressure and my sanity more than anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 02:01 PM   #16
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I felt the same way....for a bit.

Then...after the 197th "Robo QB" moment where I wanted to throw my controller through a window, I decided to play on AA when on Defense, for the good of my blood pressure and my sanity more than anything.
LOL. Here's to hoping that Patch 2 will fix the sliders to work as they are supposed to. If we can get the corral ROBO QB and get the CPU running game going, playing NCAA will be much better.

One of my bigger gripes going forward is trying to get EA to fix the CPU playcalling. It's just horrid on this gen. Aren't you people tired of the short/underneath routes, lack of deep ball, QB draw/options by slow QBs, 4th down playcalling around midfield, and poor clock management at end of half/game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »