Home

Dummy profile sliders (NO robo QB and not alot of ints)

This is a discussion on Dummy profile sliders (NO robo QB and not alot of ints) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 09:26 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Dummy profile sliders (NO robo QB and not alot of ints)

First off for these sliders to work properly you MUST not change the penalty sliders around because some have a direct impact on gameplay...One that greatly increases the pass defense is the roughing the passer penalty slider.

You have to start the game as a human vs. human game, and then set these sliders before each game, this only takes a minute. After you finish move the second controller to the cpu slot for a human vs. cpu game.

ALL-AMERICAN LEVEL with no homefield advantage and no quiz qb

Dummy Profile Settings (Controller 2)

OFFENSE
QB Accuracy-10
Pass Blocking-0
WR Catch-0
RB Ability-100
Run Blocking-100

DEFENSE
Awareness-100
Knockdowns-100
Interceptions-0
Break Block-100
Tackling-100

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kick Power-10
Kick Accuracy-0
Punt Power-0
Punt Accuracy-50
Kickoff Power-80

Main User Profile (Controller 1)

OFFENSE
QB Accuracy-10
Pass Blocking-0
WR Catch-0
RB Ability-100
Run Blocking-100

DEFENSE
Awareness-100
Knockdowns-100
Interceptions-0
Break Block-100
Tackling-15

SPECIAL TEAMS
Kick Power-10
Kick Accuracy-0
Punt Power-0
Punt Accuracy-50
Kickoff Power-80

PENALTY SLIDER SETTINGS (DO NOT CHANGE AT ALL OR GAME WILL PLAY DIFFERENTLY)

Offsides-95
False Start-95
Holding-95
Facemask-95
Offensive Pass Interference-95
Defensive Pass Interference-95
KR/PR Interference-5
Intentional Grounding-95
Roughing the passer- 5
Roughing the kicker-5

Try these and post your results.

Last edited by darrenp1518; 08-19-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 12:12 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Dummy profile sliders (NO robo QB and not alot of ints)

can you explain exactly how you would use these, like how you would use the profile after you make it. do you move the 2nd controller to the middle or what?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #3
MVP

GJEM's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
can you explain exactly how you would use these, like how you would use the profile after you make it. do you move the 2nd controller to the middle or what?
+1

Also can you give us some results and stats with what your seeing, more description is definitely needed. So we can no longer use our profile? I guess I need more info before I even give these a shot so I don't screw something up.

Last edited by GJEM; 08-19-2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #4
Banned

Ok well ill do that after i get off work today.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenp1518
First off for these sliders to work properly you MUST not change the penalty sliders around because some have a direct impact on gameplay...One that greatly increases the pass defense is the roughing the passer penalty slider.
Can you explain this please? I like most people always jack up the penalty sliders since not nearly enough penalties are called, but you are saying these effect gameplay?
Last week I wouldn't have believed this possible but...

I had the false start slider at 100 but was getting too many false start penalties because I use the fake snap button as its the only way to stop the cpu jumping the snap.
So I lowered false start to 40 and now the cpu doesn't even try to jump the snap. I can fake snap without getting a false start penalty as expected, but don't need to as the cpu doesn't jump now at all. This is on Heisman level btw... Just wondering if you have found something here.

How do you believe the roughing the passer slider effects pass defense other than making that penalty more likely to be called?

From what I saw with the false start slider it seems the defense decided to not jump the snap because I lowered the penalty slider. This is only after two games played but its very obvious as they were jumping every play with the slider maxed out.

If the roughing the passer slider were to function the same I could see the defense not being as aggressive toward the QB since a penalty is likely. Could we all be making the pass rush worse by jacking up this slider? I've never tried lowering it myself. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 11:18 AM   #6
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
Can you explain this please? I like most people always jack up the penalty sliders since not nearly enough penalties are called, but you are saying these effect gameplay?

I had the false start slider at 100 but was getting too many false start penalties because I use the fake snap button as its the only way to stop the cpu jumping the snap.
So I lowered false start to 40 and now the cpu doesn't even try to jump the snap. I can fake snap without getting a false start penalty as expected, but don't need to as the cpu doesn't jump now at all. This is on Heisman level btw... Just wondering if you have found something here.

How do you believe the roughing the passer slider effects pass defense other than making that penalty more likely to be called?

From what I saw with the false start slider it seems the defense decided to not jump the snap because I lowered the penalty slider. This is only after two games played but its very obvious as they were jumping every play with the slider maxed out.

If the roughing the passer slider were to function the same I could see the defense not being as aggressive toward the QB since a penalty is likely. Could we all be making the pass rush worse by jacking up this slider? I've never tried lowering it myself. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks
My questions exactly. I can't try the regular sliders but I'm interested fo see how penalty sliders effect gameplay.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #7
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

This may be worth a shot. When I started the game I was able to set separate sliders for each profile.

The only question is whether or not the changed sliders would apply or would the CPU sliders apply after move the second controller back to the middle. If not then, this could be a HUGE discovery because it definitely works in Madden.

Another solution that would work, and it's a bit of a stretch is to leave the second controller on the opponent's side and use the Ask Corso feature for playcalling and snap the ball for them. I'm almost certain the separate sliders would apply then. The play calling can't get any worse than it already is anyway.

Last edited by therizing02; 08-19-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d

Thanks
Exactly with rushing the passer at 5 the pass rush comes so much harder at the quarterback you would think it was a different game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »