Home

Maybe penalty sliders do effect game play

This is a discussion on Maybe penalty sliders do effect game play within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 08:56 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Maybe penalty sliders do effect game play

WOW!!! Can't wait to try this out after USA B-Ball game this morning. Very interesting theory whether it turns out to be true or not. Wonder if this will play out on Madden as well?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:17 AM   #10
Rookie

DaNextPhenom25's Arena

OVR: 4

I put every slider to 50 and noticed my d line and lb's were actually getting to the QB on blitzes. Not everytime, but they were breaking blocks like I've never seen. This is definitely something to look into and take seriously.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaNextPhenom25
I put every slider to 50 and noticed my d line and lb's were actually getting to the QB on blitzes. Not everytime, but they were breaking blocks like I've never seen. This is definitely something to look into and take seriously.
I'm not saying this does work or doesn't work because I haven't tested it. But this is so effin stupid that we even have to test this stuff in the first place.

What is the pass block and break block slider for if pass rush is directly related to roughing the passer.

I tend to think this is crazy just grasping at straws, but who knows what the clowns at EA were thinking when they programmed this crap.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 10:50 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

I just tried this and he is on to something I got 3 sacks with my DL and 5 total. Caused Nevada's QB to go 13 for 28. That's the 1st time I've held a QB under 65%. Noticed onl about 4 penalties total all offsides or false starts and 1 holding. By the way I use Playmakers All-American sliders. Gonna gives these another try going up against a top 10 team and see what I get. I also use UCLA. Wish me luck. Peace!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #13
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
I just tried this and he is on to something I got 3 sacks with my DL and 5 total. Caused Nevada's QB to go 13 for 28. That's the 1st time I've held a QB under 65%. Noticed onl about 4 penalties total all offsides or false starts and 1 holding. By the way I use Playmakers All-American sliders. Gonna gives these another try going up against a top 10 team and see what I get. I also use UCLA. Wish me luck. Peace!!!
Try more games and keep us updated. i am gonna try this when i get home. i am curious about the KO and Puns. i hate having to super simm both of these everytime.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:40 AM   #14
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
Very very strange....

As another test yesterday I changed most of the penalty sliders in The Night Owl Dynasty to 5 rather than 95, we play one game everyday.

I just looked at the games played from dynasty headquarters and overall the scores are much much lower, one game being 13-7(lowest score ever after 1 and 1/2 seasons) with the highest score being 38-24. We use 8min quarters Heisman level and I usually see scores in the 40's or 50's.

I'll know more this afternoon when I advance the dynasty and can look at the stats for the games. I'll have 10 games to look at so I should see a trend if this is actually having a impact.

What I know for certain...

If you raise the false start slider to 100 the CPU will attempt to jump the snap almost every play. I theorize this happens because the user is much more likely to get a false start penalty when using the fake snap button, so the CPU jumps every play.
If you lower the false start slider the cpu will rarely attempt to jump the snap.

What I 'think' I'm seeing...

If you raise roughing the passer the cpu will not be as aggressive when rushing the passer. I theorize they do this to avoid roughing the passer penalties.
If you lower roughing the passer the cpu will maul the QB because the likelihood of a penalty is much less.

If this theory holds true over all sliders then the following set should work well.
These should tone down the 'wide open game play'.

Offsides - 5 (Allows DL to fire quicker)
False Start - 45 (Tones down CPU jump snap, lower this to taste)
Holding - 95 (Helps pass rush by keeping the O-line honest)
Face Mask - 5 (You will still see one or two per game)
Offensive Pass Interference - 95 ( Helps DB's by making your WR's less aggressive)
Defensive Pass Interference - 5 (Helps DB's by allowing them to play more aggressive)
KR/PR Interference - 5 (Not sure but might help tone down the return game)
Clipping - 95 (Tone down special teams)
Intentional Grounding - 5 (I'd rather see a sack)
Roughing the passer - 5 (More sacks and pressure on the QB)
Roughing the kicker - 5 (Produce more punt/FG blocks)
I'll try this out in ncaa and madden today.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:59 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

"I see dead people"

Are you ****ing kidding me? Kudos if this works and you deserve a pruple heart for effort...but EA ought to be ashamed at this product in sum total.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2008, 12:43 PM   #16
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVMSU
"I see dead people"

Are you ****ing kidding me? Kudos if this works and you deserve a pruple heart for effort...but EA ought to be ashamed at this product in sum total.
Well if you think about it, it make perfect sense. What better way to get more false starts then to make the DL's jump the snap more often or better DB coverage by lowering the defensive pass interference. If holding is at 100 and roughing the passer is at 5 then the DL is going to want to get there more and the OL is going to want to do less to block him. In theory the less penalties being called the better your defense will play, whether it be a lock down CB or an aggressive down linemen. Although I must say I have my doubts about this theory. But I will try this out tonight.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »