Home

OS LEGENDS POST-PATCH ALL AMERICAN SLIDERS

This is a discussion on OS LEGENDS POST-PATCH ALL AMERICAN SLIDERS within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:50 PM   #41
stewaat

OVR:
Re: OS LEGENDS POST-PATCH ALL AMERICAN SLIDERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGA14
Seems like a good base. Human passing is too easy and computer breaks a ton of tackles it seems.
Agree with both. So many arm tackles, why EA?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2008, 10:58 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 17

While I do LIKE these, personally I think I will need heisman to get a good game from CPU deep into dynasty. My team will only get better and the CPU play calling is horrible. If heisman is giving the cpu an unfair boost, so be it, they need it since their coach calling plays is the worlds dumbest play caller.

Nice sliders though, I did enjoy the games I played with default rosters but I plan on recruiting more and more speed defensively which will only make the CPU offense look worse I am afraid.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:05 PM   #43
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

So after my WVU/Marshal debacle I decided to take a favorite into a hostile environment to see what happens. So I took Virginia Tech into Lincoln to face Nebraska. This game was the complete opposite of my first game with these sliders, in some ways, though similar in other ways.

VT - 14
Nebraska - 6

Taylor - 5/14 104 1 1 35%
Ganz - 16/28 151 0 2 57%

Lewis 21-42 2.0
Lucky 27-145 5.3

As you can see I was run on again, Lucky was all over the place, but I got tough in the red zone a few times and held them out. I really felt the effects of playing on the road in a hostile environment. I had a hard time running, but I was able to grind out some yards when I needed them. I scored on a long catch and run and a pick-six right near the end of the first half and that was it. It was actually a tense game, lots of fun. I like how game one with these sliders gave me 80 points and this game only 20.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:31 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 6

Posted this on another forum... but here we go:

Alright, my first game with these was as follows.

Georgia (me) @ Auburn - Year 3 of dynasty, both teams fairly equal

30-16 Score
13-12 First Downs
363 - 247 Total Yards
17 - 22 Rush Attempts
59 - 93 Rush Yards - To elaborate on that, I didn't run the ball much, my starting HB put up a 4.7 average, but getting sacked on this game counts against rushing stats.

----

I was 22-28 passing, 2 TDs, 3 INTs (ouch), for 304 yards. Passing seems too easy.
Auburn was 18-30 passing, 1 TD, 2 INTs, for 154 yards. Too early to tell if this needs improving.

In general, the game was close the entire time. I still saw one pick 6, but the CPU was able to run the ball well, and the passing was not automatic.

--

I am lowering human QB ACC to 25 and WR CATCH to 0.

Okay, game 2 with these.

Georgia (me) @ Kentucky - there's about a 15 pt overall difference in the team abilities, 86 for me, 71ish for Kentucky

37-20 Score
363 - 266 Yards
29 - 13 Rush Attempts (not sure why so low for Kentucky)
111 - 21 yards

---

I was 17-23 passing, 1 TD, 1 INT, 252 yards. Threw a lot of high completion stuff, so I guess I understand the reasoning for this.
Kentucky was... 22-25 BLASPHEMY, 1 TD, 1 INT, 245 yards. I mean good grief, unstoppable. They shredded every part of my defensive schemes.

---
I ran the ball with my main running back at a 3.7 average, 22 carries, 83 yards.
Kentucky hit 7 carries, 39 yards, 5.5 with their HB. They stopped running very early though.
Over 12 of their passes went to a running back of some sort. Easy completion, no way to stop for some reason.

Kentucky pulled one sack on me.
I had 3 on Kentucky.
---

Not sure where to go from here. My next game is against a better opponent so I can get a better grasp of these. Computer running was good first game, second game it was completely abandoned. Passing game first game was within the realms of real football, passing second game was within the realms of NFL MVP. Gonna keep tinkering a little bit.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:49 PM   #45
Rookie

BoomerSooner420's Arena

OVR: 2

These sliders are the sh**. Only 1 game so far:

OkieSt(me) @ WashSt
final 30 27 (OT)

Didn't write down the stats, but these 2 teams are practically idententical in team grades, and the stats were right on par with what i would expect each team to do. It was back and forth all game, with WSU putting together a 72 drive to tie the game at 24, with 2:30 left to play. OSU next possession, grinding down the field, short runs, dink and dunk passing, taking all the clock I could. Get to the 23yd line and call a TO with 2 seconds left in the game.. ICED MY F*****G KICKER!!! and I blew the kick. WSU picks O first and gets a FG, I get it, put it on Toston's(RB) shoulders to get it done, 4 runs and it's over, TD OSU.

The most exciting NCAAF game I've played in years. I played this game with HFA off, so I could see what would happen on neutral turf. And it was dead on. 2 even teams, game not decided until the final play of the game. Time to go turn HFA on and see what happens.

Thanks for sharing the sliders!

Oh and I think alot of you guys will notice when the CPU QB shreds your D, it's because he's the home team QB, with HFA on. Which is actually more realistic than you might think.

Last edited by BoomerSooner420; 08-21-2008 at 11:57 PM. Reason: forgot 1 thing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #46
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Love these sliders so far. Only played one game but it was my #1 instant classic with 1400+ points.

Troy(me) - 27
Indiana - 21 ot

Passing
J. Chandler 33-56, 314yds, 2td, 3int, 58%
B. Chappell 13-30, 184yds, 1td, 4int, 43%

Rushing
D. Harris 18att, 47yds, 2.6avg, 2td
D. Willis 9att, 123yds, 13.6avg, 1td

Defense
(me)2 sacks
(cpu)2 sacks

As you can tell they killed me on the ground but it was mainly on 2 long runs. My ground game sucked but I got 2 short yardage td's. The amazing thing was their QB throwing at 40%. WOW. That's a first. Anyways the game felt great. Their INT's were a little high but I had good pressure all game. BTW I also have been using the penalty sliders posted by "m00d". It did make the game more defensive and actually seemed like more penalty's got called. Great job AA.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:43 AM   #47
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

OVR: 5

Chappell is IU's backup. Was Kellen Lewis hurt?
Old 08-22-2008, 02:00 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 20

Ok so I did notice the zone defenses are definatly improved and the pass rush is at least existant on All American post patch. Played two games with these sliders and have to say didn't see robo qb in fact the complete opposite the cpu qb was horrible.

First game played against North Texas using Michigan and got my first shutout this year 41-0. Held there qb to less than 50% and picked him off 5 times. The problem with that is three of those were mind boggling dumb throws. As soon as the ball was snapped the cpu threw the ball off there back foot into double coverage with no pressure around. Recorded only one sack on a screen but I was able to get alot of pressure most of the game. It just seems like the CPU tries to thrown it into coverage instead of just taking the sack which is why I was only able to get only one sack. Also like KeyserSozo said the cpu playcalling is still horrible. North Texas called 12 screen passes in the game, yes 12 including three in a row and there slow qb ran the ball 8 times for -21 yards.

Second game and this is where my redflag goes up I beat Ohio State 24-7 and held them to only 160 yards. Once again the cpu was horrible passing with Boeckman going 17-34 with four picks. Two of them being the same thing as the other game, throwing off the back foot immediately after the snap into coverage. Also once again the cpu playcalling reared it's ugly head in this game not as many screens but Boeckman ran the ball 3 times on key third downs killing there drives. I was able to get a good pass rusj in this game also only got one sack on a screen but most of that was because Boeckman threw into coverage right before he could be sacked.

So in the end I was happy to see no robo qb and improved zone coverage but the cpu playcalling and horrible throws by the CPU are red flags. The cpu playcalling really should be a priority for next year and also improving the ai of the cpu when under pressure. I want to see the CPU actually scramble or throw the ball away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »