Home

10 Games & 5 Sacks per game- How?

This is a discussion on 10 Games & 5 Sacks per game- How? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 11:56 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: 10 Games & 5 Sacks per game- How?

Will you link these in your slider log so more people will test?
Old 08-26-2008, 12:19 AM   #18
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Sure, can do.

I feel close, but not quite there. When I lowered human break block, cpu cmp% did creep up some. I don't want to raise human break block because that(low human BBL) does help the cpu run game. It's like the cpu does have something in it's throwing AI where if it's hurried or has a defender within a certain distance, it's more likely the throw will be off target though.

So the cpu needs to feel a certain amount of pressure. I'm lowering cpu pass block by a large amount and lowering human awareness some to see if cmp % gets back under control.

I don't want to lower cpu qba to 55 because I did detect an upswing in cpu thrown picks when I do that due to more cpu thrown floaters.

Last edited by mudtiger; 08-26-2008 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:20 AM   #19
Rookie

jackson's Arena

OVR: 5

dont mean to hijack thread but I feel that the op has something here. I made minor tweaks along with mud. I'm not by my xbox but the only thing I changed was upped rba by 5 for cpu and up both hum bb by 50 and run block for cpu by 50. This allows the cpu with good running teams to run well enough and you want pressure on qb, this is it, trust me. with ou versus miami, I got 4 sacks and through two games, I have seven in year two. Granted I blitzed like a mutha, but with the other sliders that op posted your db's cover pretty well behind it. Just try with these adjustments.

Props to ras though for setting the stage. Don't let varsity scare you. It seems as though with the second patch, the cpu defends the hum run much better. i'm getting good numbers. If you want I'll post stats my next game. I think its michigan state in my ou dynasty.

**the tweaks I made were to ras's original sliders by the way.

Last edited by jackson; 08-26-2008 at 06:21 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #20
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

I would also like to add my 2 cents...these settings (both muds and the OP) seem to help with quite a few of the issues people are seeing on AA and Heisman. I tried Muds last slider set and had a very good game as UGA against Clemson. I won the game 35-31, but only after an INT (the only one in the game) in our endzone that was returned for a TD with about 2 minutes to play in the 4th quarter.

I am especially pleased that these settings (perhaps its Varsity in particular) have completely alleviated the CPU "insta-snap" problem. Both games I played vs GT and Clemson had both CPU controlled teams coming up to the line, making adjustments if I was showing blitz...letting the playclock tick down etc. It was very nice to see the CPU call audibles if I came out in a defense that would cause issues for their original play call.

I am really curious why the game seems to play a better game of football on its lower difficulty level, as well as having far less quirkiness when it comes to issues that are observed on AA and Heisman. I wasn't really looking the entire game, but I didn't really notice any pursuit angle issues (beit the Varsity difficulty level or CPU D awareness at 100) like I did on AA & Heisman.

The only change I may make is to the CPU running game, Clemson and GT threw the ball way too often for their offensive play styles (especially GT). Playing with UGA may tip things to my advantage from the offset though, seeing as they are rated 99's across the board.

Nice work fella's...I have tried various Heisman and AA sliders, but these play the best so far. More testing to come.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:25 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptObvious
I am really curious why the game seems to play a better game of football on its lower difficulty level, as well as having far less quirkiness when it comes to issues that are observed on AA and Heisman.
It may have to do with the fact that it's the default level. It's probably their baseline when coding and most of their testing is probably done with that particular level. It is lower than what most people here play with but it's not the game's lowest level either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 10:38 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 24

I've been using these with some minor tweaks (upped RB ability and WR catch by 5), and love them. I lost to Cal 24-14, it was a good game. My only problem was that my WRs dropped A LOT and I couldn't run in my next game against EMU. No big deal, I love these sliders.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:55 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 2

FYI, I know why you are lowering PB for CPU MT, but I have seen my pass rush diminish as I lowered it, even by 5. It is like 75 is the magic number??
Old 08-26-2008, 11:11 AM   #24
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascocm
FYI, I know why you are lowering PB for CPU MT, but I have seen my pass rush diminish as I lowered it, even by 5. It is like 75 is the magic number??
Ok, I'll try putting it back to see what happens. I just worried that after I knocked human break block to 0 to help the cpu run game, the cpu would feel zero pressure on it in the pocket and the low completion % would rise.

..edit I may go back and try your original settings as listed, but only make a few small changes. I may have gotten too far away from your original settings.

Last edited by mudtiger; 08-26-2008 at 11:13 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »