Home

10 Games & 5 Sacks per game- How?

This is a discussion on 10 Games & 5 Sacks per game- How? within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2008, 05:51 AM   #65
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 10 Games & 5 Sacks per game- How?

Tried these in my Michigan dynasty. I upped the computer offense a little bit in almost every section. Beat Wisconsin 27-19. They had 350+ yards but 3 interceptions did them in. I do like the defensive line pressure though.

Do you have HFA off? I turn it off now when I am at home and back on when I am away. I don't know if it applies to the computer but the QB seems to snowball once they throw one pick with it on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2008, 01:03 PM   #66
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascocm
Guys,

I just tweaked those sliders after some more testing and had the absolute best games I have ever played any year!!! Both sides: 50% comp, over 100 yards, multiple sacks, low ints, long runs, CPU went deep, realistic scores. I was GT and beat Duke 17-3. Then I was Duke aginst Clemson and got beat 31-6. AWESOME.

Off

Hum/CPU
25/25
10/0
0/0
50/55
10/75

DEF

45/85
95/75
0/0
25/75
50/75
I sure like the feel of these sliders, but made a couple of changes to suit my taste. First, I felt QB Accuracy at 25 for Human/CPU was too low for me. It almost eliminates the deep passing game as the throws are extremely inaccurate. If a receiver is open deep, there isn't enough "umph" in the throws and it allows the defense to recover a little to easily. Also, I was having difficulty completing a simple 10 yard curl route to my receivers. I bumped this slider to 35 for both and felt it addressed this issue. I also lowered CPU tackle to 50. With it set at 75 and CPU awareness at 85, it is next to impossible to break a few long runs to complement the negative to 3 yard runs I was getting. In other words, it gives you a chance to shake an open field tackle for a big gain. Will do some more tweaking tonight, but liked my changes so far.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:24 PM   #67
Banned

I was getting about two a game and one long pass. You might want to try sprinting upon snap with my original settings. These settings were tested for hours in practice for every aspect. I would not adjust until playing a couple of games and make sure penalties are all 95. Trust me, it took me a couple of quarters to get a long one.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:54 PM   #68
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

How are you guys getting the sacks/

Do you play as the LB and just go for coverage ones, or do you control the DL and get them that way?
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 09-03-2008, 10:14 PM   #69
Banned

Facing the DEF, RDT
Old 09-04-2008, 03:59 AM   #70
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
How are you guys getting the sacks/

Do you play as the LB and just go for coverage ones, or do you control the DL and get them that way?
In my last game I played GT(me) vs BC. I had 6 sacks 5 from defensive line and 1 from a LB. 3 of them came from me beating the RT from BC. The others came from me beating him and the Qb moving right into the other guys on the line.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:03 AM   #71
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

I am using the DE's now and the trick is to start rushing the passes without turbo, and then hitting it before you make contact with the OL. I found that sometimes the power move is effective, but the finesse move is rarely ever.

I am getting sacks now thank God, but I have bumped up run blocking to 20. I still am having trouble establishing a good running game. Every now and then I can pitch it outside and just use speed to burn people, but I should be dominating some weaker teams. Should I move it to 25 or lower their tackling?
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #72
Rookie

nbluedevils's Arena

OVR: 6

just played three games with these sliders, and they are working out great. i got beat by usc using cal 28-21, beat UCLA using cal 31-21, and I beat BYU with duke 33-27 in OT . The last game had the feel of a real life upset, where I pulled out to a quick lead with Duke, only to have BYU's superior O torch me in the second half to tie it up. won the game on a pick 6 (BYU's qb had 4 picks, maybe unrealistic ). it is hard to establish a run game in between the tackles and most of my long runs have come from pitches, counters, and stretches that I break to the outside. cpu running game is great, but how can i improve my running game between the tackles? thanks to rascocm for amazing sliders!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »