Home

Old 01-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Heisman 101

Sliders were way to easy. I beat Minnessotta in my Buckeyes dynasty by a score of 63-24 complete domination. I allowed 17 points in the 1st quarter but they only scored one more td the rest of the way. Pryor set the record for passing yards and touchdowns. Meanwhile, My senior receiver set the record for receiving yards.

BUCKEYES
Pryor: 28-34 504 yards 7TD / 2 INT / 16 car for 152 yrds 2 TD
Lamaar Thomas: 6 rec 219 yards 2 tds
Matt Caldwell (5star freshman recruit): 3 rec 114 yrds 2tds
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2009, 11:29 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmchugh007
Sliders were way to easy. I beat Minnessotta in my Buckeyes dynasty by a score of 63-24 complete domination. I allowed 17 points in the 1st quarter but they only scored one more td the rest of the way. Pryor set the record for passing yards and touchdowns. Meanwhile, My senior receiver set the record for receiving yards.

BUCKEYES
Pryor: 28-34 504 yards 7TD / 2 INT / 16 car for 152 yrds 2 TD
Lamaar Thomas: 6 rec 219 yards 2 tds
Matt Caldwell (5star freshman recruit): 3 rec 114 yrds 2tds

I'm glad you had a great game. But you were playing Minnesota, its not like they are a football powerhouse.

The sliders are set up to where you will normally beat teams that have way less talent than you by a lot.

Most rosters have Ohio State at 99 level rating to begin, so very few teams are going to challenge you. If you do meet a A+ team then you should get a better game.

The sliders aren't meant to be impossible. But generally a team 10 points overall within your team should give you a decent game. A team only 5 points within you or equal should give you an even fight.

The teams 5 or 10 points above you should have to fight hard to get the upset.

Again depends on the skill level. But these sliders should be good for folks trying to find a level between All American and the default Heisman sliders.

So play a team more closer to Ohio States talent level and you should get a better game than the one the Minnesota Gophers gave you.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:36 AM   #43
Pro

So is there any way to make game you should win more challenging? I don't like blowing teams out every game.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:48 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
So is there any way to make game you should win more challenging? I don't like blowing teams out every game.
I can help you out with some slider modifications. If passing is your strong suit then all we need to do is lower the ease of passing.

For you I'd recommend lowering human QB accuracy to 40, if that doesn't work then 35. So anywhere from 35----40-----45 Human QB accuracy. You pick the one best for you.

Second I'd recommend lowering human pass block to 0. You'll have a lot less time to throw the ball.

If you want one more upgrade then put CPU knockdowns from 90 to 100.

So in short

Human QB accuracy (35-45 range)
Human Pass block ( 0)
CPU knockdowns (100)

Try those for yourself and you'll find passing harder and your scoring will drop, creating more intense games.

Hope that helps you out.

My own personal house rules for myself are.

1) When ball is snapped I stay in the pocket for a good 3-4 seconds trying to find my read. I don't drop back more than 10 yards. If a blitzer comes flying in early then of course I can scramble. Or if its going on 4-6 seconds and no one is open or will be open in a zone then I tuck it and run.

I don't scramble and throw, I just tuck and run if necessary.

2) I don't change the receivers routes. I will put them in motion occasionally. I only use the formation audible routes. The ones accessed with the right stick that make you stay in the same formation.

Thats pretty much it for me.

Last edited by StudiousSquid; 01-20-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #45
Rookie

kdeal4's Arena

I haven't been able to play NCAA Football 09 for a long time. I just got my Xbox back from Microsoft (RROD), so I'm going to check these sliders out tonight. I'll try to post some stats and thoughts of them in a day or two. The sliders look real solid. I'm excited about trying them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2009, 08:17 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeal4
I haven't been able to play NCAA Football 09 for a long time. I just got my Xbox back from Microsoft (RROD), so I'm going to check these sliders out tonight. I'll try to post some stats and thoughts of them in a day or two. The sliders look real solid. I'm excited about trying them.
Thanks I hope you like them. These sliders have evolved over many seasons in offline and online dynasties.

All slider sets and makers have one goal in mind, to create a close competitive game. There is many schools of thought on how to do that via sliders.

One is to try and make the CPU out defend you. The methods are to reduce human QB accuracy and pass protection and lower running back ability and blocking in general. To compensate the human defensive awareness gets boosted as are other defensive stats. The problem is the cpu can't really score as well, so again another compensation is made. The CPU's offensive stats get raised high on Heisman to make up for the high human defensive awareness.

I think this approach is a solid way to go and helps those guys who are really good at passing. Or for guys who may scramble and throw on the run a bit.

The only thing I don't like as a preference is low human QB accuracy. I hate trying to lead my receiver to the right, only for the ball to sail left and get intercepted, a bit frustrating.

Also I think the lower you put human QB accuracy the less of your playbook you use. The more money plays get used. Also over time humans will find a way to adapt and score, the cpu won't as their offenses go down over a dynasty's life, while human defense get better with recruiting.
-------------------------------------

My look on things is to control human offenses and scores with a solid cpu offense. The goal is for the cpu offenses to be stable and chew up time. Even if they don't score the cpu has kept your offense off the field.

The cpu has a stable pass offense and the cpu receivers fight for the ball better due to their WR catch rating and the low human defensive awareness.

The cpu backs have enough speed at 60 run and the 95 run block helps create holes.

Also I enjoy having to recruit a solid defense to slow down the cpu offenses. Mainly trying to recruit a solid secondary. If your defense is rated 10 points or less overall than the cpu offense than you're going to have a long day. Defense isn't a given here, you have to earn it.

My intention with the sliders isn't to earn the "hardest sliders for elite players" award. Because these sliders were made with the middle class gamer in mind. The kind who are good solid players, who want a challenge beyond All American. But who don't want to be frustrated with sliders meant for the minority of elite gamers out there.

Also I left in some slider changes for folks for various parts of the game if you don't like the default sliders.

In the end its all about preference and game style.

I hope you like the sliders, and I can't believe I wrote an essay.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
custom shedule, non cheese team?
Old 01-21-2009, 11:25 AM   #48
Rookie

kdeal4's Arena

I enjoyed your sliders very much. I will be starting an online dynasty with my brother, but I wanted to test these out first. I played a quick game, just to get a feel for the sliders. I played the Red River Shootout and I was OU of course. Texas beat me 24-21, (Only because I had no timeouts and instead of holding X to spike the bar, I held Y so I ended up losing because I had to throw the ball to the endzone with no time left. It would have been neat to go into overtime.

The CPU had a kickoff return for a touchdown, so that was the difference. I believe I threw 2 picks and the computer threw 1 (maybe 2). I then played another quick game against USC (as OU) and got my *** handed to me 35-7 (once again, a quick game). The computer QB Acc is still about 80% or so. I lowered the QB ACC to 40 and that helped a little bit... is that a good idea? I also bumped up the HUM RB ABility because I was having a hard time running. I was averaging about 2 ypc. But after I bumped it, I got 4 yards a carry.

I was thinking about going back to your original sliders and change the difficulty to All-American. Would your sliders work on All-American? I've just started playing again and I'm a bit rusty, I was hoping maybe I could gradually get to Heisman. What do you think?

I'm thinking about using Arizona in my dynasty or UConn. I know I'll lose some games, but I wanted to at least stay competitive in the games that I should be competitive in. I expect USC to beat Arizona by quite a bit, but I'd like to at least stop them some and also get a TD or two. (Even though their DEF is 99).

I really REALLY enjoyed your sliders. Thanks for posting them. Let me know what you think about my questions. Thanks a bunch!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »