Home

I have 3 different ODs going on 3 levels.

This is a discussion on I have 3 different ODs going on 3 levels. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2008, 10:35 AM   #9
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: I have 3 different ODs going on 3 levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
both factors that you posted above are advantages for you on varsity and now the CPU, how in the world can you be getting better games vs. the CPU on this level? getting a better pass rush on the CPU and their QB throwing worse just makes the game easier for HUMANS. IMO, the computer needs these cheats to counter its play calling.
Yeah I agree with you Keyser Soze, I tried Mudtiger's Varsity sliders in a game where I was Temple vs Penn St. in Happy Valley. I ended up winning in OT 35-38, theres no way that should ever happen.

But to answer AlburnAlumni's question, my best OD was with Heisman sliders. Simply because User controlled teams lost to CPU controlled teams. In my AA OD's users almost never lost to the CPU. But ive never been in a Varsity OD.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

Last edited by Andrews85; 09-13-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:52 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

AA, whats with getting defense? Simply asking a question. I agree that varsity bring about the most "SIM" style of play. However, since the AI is soooo bad and there is zero learning curve and play calling is horrible, I simply don't get how anyone can lose to the CPU on this level unless you almost allow it to happen.

Not trying to flame anyone or fire up a fight, I was simply curious as to why you liked that level the most when I thought it was impossible to lose on. If you are getting losses then yeah, I can see why you would like that.

I am playing a heisman dynasty with hard sliders (mine) and a bucket load of house rules and I am still 9-0. I have had several games come down to the final 2 minutes and I am 1 or 2 injuries away from my team falling apart but the defense keeps me in every game.

Important thing is to find a level that you enjoy and play the crap out of it. We are already in week 3 of the real season which is going by TOO FAST!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
AA, whats with getting defense? Simply asking a question. I agree that varsity bring about the most "SIM" style of play. However, since the AI is soooo bad and there is zero learning curve and play calling is horrible, I simply don't get how anyone can lose to the CPU on this level unless you almost allow it to happen.

Not trying to flame anyone or fire up a fight, I was simply curious as to why you liked that level the most when I thought it was impossible to lose on. If you are getting losses then yeah, I can see why you would like that.

I am playing a heisman dynasty with hard sliders (mine) and a bucket load of house rules and I am still 9-0. I have had several games come down to the final 2 minutes and I am 1 or 2 injuries away from my team falling apart but the defense keeps me in every game.

Important thing is to find a level that you enjoy and play the crap out of it. We are already in week 3 of the real season which is going by TOO FAST!
What team are you using? I see you mainly use elite programs or very good programs.

Have you ever tried being a Baylor or Minnesota?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #12
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
What team are you using? I see you mainly use elite programs or very good programs.

Well like I said 3 posts ago I beat Penn St.(high 80's or low 90's OVR) with Temple (67 OVR). I couldnt imagine playing as Temple against other MAC opponites, I would win the conference every year and probably go 12-0 or 11-1. I dont know, maybe the one game I played on Varsity was a fluke.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-13-2008, 12:07 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat

I play occasional PLAY NOWS with lower teams but I only have interest in playing a dynasty with my favorite team and that is Michigan. If you look at their team they aren't THAT GOOD this year. Plus I lower all the RB speeds to 90 as that is the fastest speed I allow on offense in my dynasty. Their WRs were already that slow or slower so I didn't have to tweak them. Their O-line is average and their QB is stinky. I have fixed the QB situation though with a recruit for next year.

I am almost hoping that I lose to OSU although I refuse to roll over for them. I am playing with almost 10 strict difficult house rules that removes almost all of the AI issues IMO. If I didn't have a stud TE I don't think I could win a game. Thank goodness Butler never gets hurt, he is my main man. I will have to sell out for a TE recruit for next year since I got zero interest from anyone this year.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:09 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
Well like I said 3 posts ago I beat Penn St.(high 80's or low 90's OVR) with Temple (67 OVR). I couldnt imagine playing as Temple against other MAC opponites, I would win the conference every year and probably go 12-0 or 11-1. I dont know, maybe the one game I played on Varsity was a fluke.
I agree with you. This is what I saw playing on this level. Not sure how others see a different game. The CPU play calling is horrid on every level since the CPU seems so compelled to put their defensive players in totally horrible mismatches all the time so they can blitz their CBs regularly. Sure hope the main focus for next year is on AI.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:50 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I think your difficulty preference will depend mostly on how you play. I've been all over the place with sliders between All-American and Varsity this year and my favorite games were on Varsity. I was 6-3 with Army before making a switch and losing the last 3. I always make it a point to inform anyone reading my posts though that I ONLY make throws for the QB. The other 10 offensive players are cpu controlled and all 11 defenders are cpu controlled when my squad is on defense. I just switched my dynasty to default Varsity and I'm just gonna ride with it. In my experience, I've seen that the cpu CAN move the ball and CAN score playing the way that I play. I'm in a 17-17 tie with FIU as I'm typing this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2008, 12:54 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I think your difficulty preference will depend mostly on how you play. I've been all over the place with sliders between All-American and Varsity this year and my favorite games were on Varsity. I was 6-3 with Army before making a switch and losing the last 3. I always make it a point to inform anyone reading my posts though that I ONLY make throws for the QB. The other 10 offensive players are cpu controlled and all 11 defenders are cpu controlled when my squad is on defense. I just switched my dynasty to default Varsity and I'm just gonna ride with it. In my experience, I've seen that the cpu CAN move the ball and CAN score playing the way that I play. I'm in a 17-17 tie with FIU as I'm typing this.
oh yeah, the CPU can score on all levels. However, its the number of QB runs and screens and other silly plays that dictate games. In my game vs. Purdue where my offense was unable to score a TD the entire game, Purdue could have easily won the game but they were hell bent to run their slow QB on option and draws on a regular basis to ensure a ton of 3 and outs. If their play calling made any sense based on what was working during the game I would have lost 3 games easily by now. This is why I need the heisman BS for the computer to counter the play calling. If in the future they fix the AI and the play is like it is now, no way I would play on heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »