Home

I have 3 different ODs going on 3 levels.

This is a discussion on I have 3 different ODs going on 3 levels. within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 10:30 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: I have 3 different ODs going on 3 levels.

Hm. This is not good.

I just got beat by Rice 70-28. Yes.

Their starting QB went 27-42, 378 yards, 7 touchdowns and 2 INTs. 64% completion, QB rating 185.3.

Their 2nd string went 3-3, 59 yards, 2 TDs, 0 ints. 64%, 485.2 QB rating.

Is that QB rating possible? Good god.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 13

Actually looking back on that, maybe that isn't terrible after all.

Score from the actual SMU/Rice game this season: L 56-27

Even the stats are scary close to what happened in my game

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282420242

Last edited by Von Dozier; 10-01-2008 at 10:41 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:48 PM   #51
Pro

BiggestKJ's Arena

OVR: 10

Just experimented using Playmaker's AA sliders, and I'm not feeling them.

I played Ball St. (Me) vs. Navy and was up 45-21 @ halftime. On the offensive side of the ball, it was way to easy to move the ball. Plus, all my scores came on big plays. Running was a little too easy as well as I had 108 yards rushing in the first half on only 8 carries. On the defensive side of the ball, the score against the CPU may look believable however the feel of it wasn't that great. The CPU running game just felt "juiced". It had a heisman speed and ability feel on the Varsity level and didn't feel like they were playing to their true abilities. Now this is just Navy. Imagine if I were playing USC and McKnight or West Viriginia and Devine.....FO-GET about it.

I'm moving back to Auburn Alumni's AA sliders and gonna tweak from there. It was a great base set as I like to control all aspects of the game. I use juk3man's ratio's and let Corso call my offensive plays.

I usually play with the 'Canes, but after a couple seasons it gets too easy to recruit. I think I'm gonna work on getting Ball State up to a four star prestige and maybe a conference invite. Unless of course, one of the BIG DOGS come calling.

Before I go, has anyone made any changes to AA's Varsity sliders to make it a little more difficult?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #52
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Varsity, 7 min
*No User Catching*
*No switching to DB/S while the ball is in the air*

Offense (HUM/CPU)
30/60
10/75
0/0
50/60
50/100

Defense (HUM/CPU)
25/100
100/100
0/0
35/85
20/85

Special Teams (HUM/CPU)
5/15
0/50
45/45
50/50
50/55
I must admit that these sliders on Varsity and using the Zero penalty theory, I gave up 230 yds rushing to Rutgers using my Tar Heels.

I was not too sure about either, but I gave them both a shot and this might actually keep me from trading this game in. I have no idea what it is, but with your own sliders and the Zero penalties theory the game just seems to play better.

I am not trying to take credit for either just spreading the word. I previously had never had a 100yd rusher against me let alone a 200yd rushing performance.

Played VT and gave up another 100yd performance in the very next game.

I do not switch players at all on defense unless I am forced too (CPU team pick), if I start out as a DE than that is who i am for the entire play. Hope it helps someone.

The only penalties that I saw in the 2 games so far were false starts and offsides, but if I can get improved gameplay then i will take.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor

Last edited by BIG CAROLINA; 10-13-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:13 PM   #53
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

That Zero penalty slider theory is the real deal...I had over 20 games this weekend and posted results of the first 6 on Dontez' thread. I play on AA with MudTiger's sliders, 9 min quarters, HookEm's run/pass ratio, my own offensive aggressiveness tweaked, and play a 12 team offline dyansty. I was getting great results before, but with that whole zero penalty slider, I have been blown away by this game...not trying to dog anyone elses strategy or sliders, but whatever you try, try the zero penalties. It works.
What I've come to think is that the designers of the game have to start from scratch. Yes, the game comes at default at 50, but what if they test at the zero level. Using that theory, the ratings of the teams, and more importantly, the players would be the key to how the game would operate. Now, I know trying the game with the AI sliders at 0 doesn't work, but what if the penalty sliders have some sort of embedded code that make the players react a little differently. Like when they are maxxed out, the players won't play as hard because they do not want to be penalized. I know with this zero slider penalty, you can actually throw over the middle, and the linebackers will not do the superman ho on your passes. The defense actually plays dumb and the results are great games. And now, instead of the safeties and cornerbacks leading the team in tackles, you can actually have a linebacker or d-lineman lead the team in tackles.
I know that most will say it doesn't work, but for those of us that see the great results, this is a true find in the game. I'll put up about this all day long.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:49 AM   #54
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

Capone how do you get the aggressive slider rating for each team I want to put them in
Old 10-15-2008, 01:04 PM   #55
Rookie

capone2117's Arena

OVR: 4

go to the coaching schemes, and in there you'll find the playbooks, run/pass ratio, and below that, you'll see the aggressiveness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #56
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

Capone do you mind typing out the setting for every team. I know everybody else would want to use them in their dynasties.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »