Home

i CHALLENGE THESE SLIDERES AGAINST ANYONES!

This is a discussion on i CHALLENGE THESE SLIDERES AGAINST ANYONES! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2008, 12:11 PM   #57
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: i CHALLENGE THESE SLIDERES AGAINST ANYONES!

Old News

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...game-play.html

I do believe the penalty slider tweeks help game play but ever so slightly, its not a fix all.

(And yes, I tested them all at zero, 100, and other various settings.)

Since penalties are still called it can't hurt to use funky penalty sliders.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #58
Rookie

buckeye cntry's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
Old News

I do believe the penalty slider tweeks help game play but ever so slightly, its not a fix all.

What was your conclusion to your testing? And what penalty settings did you compromise with? I am curious because I keep tweaking my penalty sliders like crazy. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #59
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
Old News

Sorry mOOd, I accidentally called you Mist in a pervious post, I have no clue why.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 10-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #60
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontez
my sliders take away the cheats for the most part. but if u r losing at all on aa than i guess u r right... u r not heisman ready. i was going undefeated on hesiman with any team i chose until i simply turned off the penalty sliders, kept every thing at the default and now the games plays much different. im getting constant pressure from good d lines. my linebackers and cbs r getting fast pressure to my qb. Biggest thing is the play of the cpu. The running game is awsome, and there is a battle in the trenches every play.

I guess I am stuck in between levels then.....

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038798023
Old 10-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #61
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

Im doing default AA redriver shootout now with me being Texas and having Corso call all offensive plays. Offense and defense at default special teams changed. Will report back at half time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2008, 01:31 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 17

Ok I am back. I played as LSU vs UF @ UF with HFA ON. I had quarter length = 7 min. All sliders at default and all penalty sliders at 0. I will post first half stats and then game stats through THREE quarters because I ran out of time and had to turn it off at the end of the 3rd quarter.

Halftime stats: LSU (me) - UF (CPU)
Score: 28 - 0
First Downs: 13 - 2
Total Offense: 171 - 40
Running: 17-70-2 - 11-2-0
Passing: 18-24-1 - 4-8-0
Passing yards: 101 - 38

End of 3rd quarter stats: LSU (me) - UF (CPU)
Score: 49 - 0
First Downs: 19 - 4
Total Offense: 378 - 81
Running: 19-62-2 - 19-11-0
Passing: 31-37-4 - 8-14-0
Passing yards: 316 - 70

Notes: I started the game out pretty conservative since I played with a playbook that I have no looked at in over 2 months. I was so not use to the 4th WR out there that it took me some time to adjust so I just ran the ball early. The LSU QB is pretty bad and made some AWEFUL passes early that killed drives.

The CPU is simply horrible with default sliders and has ZERO chance to run the ball at all. This concept simply does NOT work and there is nothing you can do to compensate for the crappy AI except make a dozen house rules and simply not run plays that work well. I had ALL the momentum in this one at the end of the 3rd quarter so the score was going to get MUCH worse if I pored it on. No way I need to play these 9 more times to sample test what I already knew.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:02 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 6
Smile Re: i CHALLENGE THESE SLIDERES AGAINST ANYONES!

Guys, I could be wrong but I think the key is to just put penalties at zero. Beyond that the sldiers you use shoudl be your own to best accomodate to individual skills. I am eager to play more but so far I have been very imprssed with Dontez's idea. I am a poor player so in my case AA level is fine. But , the important point is to not confuse the sldier at default recomendation with the zero penatly recomendation which is the one I think is most significant.

Once again an appeal... We are all playign this game to enjoy it so when somone offers some ideas we don't have to agree with them but I think it works better for all if we are polite and understand that oftgen a person has put a lot of work into their idea s and it has to be frustrating and hurtful to them when we attack them in an insulting way.

If we encourage veryoen to offer ideas we have the best chance of getting the best of the game. In this case I thank Dontez because I truly believe his idea is a good one.

I will get back later --on my game experience I hope to play at least oen game this afternoon.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzoutiger
Guys, I could be wrong but I think the key is to just put penalties at zero. Beyond that the sldiers you use shoudl be your own to best accomodate to individual skills. I am eager to play more but so far I have been very imprssed with Dontez's idea. I am a poor player so in my case AA level is fine. But , the important point is to not confuse the sldier at default recomendation with the zero penatly recomendation which is the one I think is most significant.

Once again an appeal... We are all playign this game to enjoy it so when somone offers some ideas we don't have to agree with them but I think it works better for all if we are polite and understand that oftgen a person has put a lot of work into their idea s and it has to be frustrating and hurtful to them when we attack them in an insulting way.

If we encourage veryoen to offer ideas we have the best chance of getting the best of the game. In this case I thank Dontez because I truly believe his idea is a good one.

I will get back later --on my game experience I hope to play at least oen game this afternoon.
Sorry guys, default is what i play on, but as long as the penalty sliders or at zero i guess u can pick whatever gameplay sliders that suit your needs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »