Home

I Finally Came Up With Some Challenging AA Sliders (Long Read)

This is a discussion on I Finally Came Up With Some Challenging AA Sliders (Long Read) within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 PM   #9
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: I Finally Came Up With Some Challenging AA Sliders (Long Read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
7 min - AA - HFA ON, INJ ON, Fatigue ON, Ice Kick ON, Quiz QB OFF

I tried to play the games similar to the style of the real life teams. I played straight up, no formation subs, no FB flat throws, no QB sneaks on 4th and 1, etc.

USER (Away): Penn State - 91 OVR, 92 OFF, 92 DEF
CPU (Home): Georgia - 94 OVR, 94 OFF, 96 DEF

Penn State 27
Georgia 10

First Downs: PSU 18, UGA 6
Total Offense: PSU 331, UGA 205
Rushes-Yds-TD: PSU 37-131-1, UGA 28-92-0
Comp-Att-TD: PSU 16-32-0, UGA 7-19-1
Passing Yds: PSU 200, UGA 113
Fumbles Lost: PSU 1, UGA 0
Interceptions: PSU 3, UGA 4

Game Summary:
Georgia scored on a FG after a muffed punt (pathetic) by Penn State and on a 70yd TD pass on a deflection off the hands of a Penn State safety. Penn State's QB's threw terribly inaccurate passes downfield and I rarely saw a ball thrown beyond 20 yards that was within 5 yards of the intended receiver (likely due to the way the Penn State QB's are rated on my roster set). Georgia had 2 INT's within the red zone in the 4th quarter to keep this one close (one deflected, one by LB), but I never really felt challenged and expected to put up a shutout until the muffed punt.

USER (Away): Texas Tech - 89 OVR, 90 OFF, 87 DEF
CPU (Home): Texas - 94 OVR, 94 OFF, 94 DEF

Texas Tech 54
Texas 10

First Downs: TTU 16, TEX 12
Total Offense: TTU 494, TEX 261
Rushes-Yds-TD: TTU 18-105-0, TEX 33-44-1
Comp-Att-TD: TTU 24-44-5, TEX 18-32-0
Passing Yds: TTU 389, TEX 217
Fumbles Lost: TTU 0, TEX 0
Interceptions: TTU 2, TEX 4

Game Summary:
The score was 28-3 after the 1st quarter and was never close. I got pretty bored with this one and a little reckless trying to run the score up in the 3rd quarter, but the Texas offense really had to scrape out every 1st down by inches. Again, passes deflected led to INTs on both sides (1 for me, 1 for them) although accuracy was a bit better with these QB's than the last game. Texas's only TD came on a great 10 yd run (3 broken tackles and a juke).
wow. i have nothing to say. lol

Old 10-27-2008, 11:46 PM   #10
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I was actually a bit surprised. The sliders were more difficult than I thought they would be, although I'm sure that is because of the CPU AWR and Break Block ratings. They were on my QB in a split second on most plays. All in all, a decent set of sliders and if I was in a dynasty with my usual house rules then I'm sure the games would have been a challenge.

My suggestions on what I'd do on AA using these sliders as a base and based on the game results you posted:

Offense
QB Acc-40/55
Pass blk-10/10
WR Cth-10/15
RBA-40/65
Run Blk-25/90

Defense
Awr-10/90
KD-10/100
Int-0/0
BB-40/80
Tkl-30/70

Special Teams Is Universal
FGP-10
FGA-20
PP-35
PA-35
KOP-60

I might give the above sliders a try sometime this week and let you know how they play.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #11
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
I was actually a bit surprised. The sliders were more difficult than I thought they would be, although I'm sure that is because of the CPU AWR and Break Block ratings. They were on my QB in a split second on most plays. All in all, a decent set of sliders and if I was in a dynasty with my usual house rules then I'm sure the games would have been a challenge.

My suggestions on what I'd do on AA using these sliders as a base and based on the game results you posted:

Offense
QB Acc-40/55
Pass blk-10/10
WR Cth-10/15
RBA-40/65
Run Blk-25/90

Defense
Awr-10/90
KD-10/100
Int-0/0
BB-40/80
Tkl-30/70

Special Teams Is Universal
FGP-10
FGA-20
PP-35
PA-35
KOP-60

I might give the above sliders a try sometime this week and let you know how they play.
Looks like we have sucky human defense with a chance of robo qb in the forecast!!! I'll probably drop human qb acc down to 35 and cpu's down to 45. The 65% range is perfect. I'll give these a shot tomorrow after my 12 o'clock class. I'll post my results at around 4-5 cst. Maybe sooner, maybe later

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I replayed the Texas Tech @ Texas game using my Heisman sliders and lost 14-24. I think that is my first loss playing straight up with the CPU since September. I lost the game when a red zone fade route to Crabtree got deflected and intercepted while I was up 14-10. Texas got momentum and then demolished me on a deep post where I actually knew I called the wrong coverage (SS in man, not deep zone) and Shipley got the inside track on the DB to the house.

Of course I'm not happy that I lost (actually was quite pissed) but it felt real and I can point out the plays that lost me the game and that's what building a slider set is all about.

There wasn't that much different in my game strategy or execution, so if there is a 54 point differential between our sliders then you need to step up the CPU a lot to get that kind of challenge on AA.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
There wasn't that much different in my game strategy or execution, so if there is a 54 point differential between our sliders then you need to step up the CPU a lot to get that kind of challenge on AA.
That's why I think it's impossible for Young J to get a challenge on AA. He's simply too good for AA and needs to stick to Heisman. Of course, if he enjoys playing on AA then he should stay there. But I don't think any slider set on AA will truly challenge him.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:31 PM   #14
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That's why I think it's impossible for Young J to get a challenge on AA. He's simply too good for AA and needs to stick to Heisman. Of course, if he enjoys playing on AA then he should stay there. But I don't think any slider set on AA will truly challenge him.
You are so right. Lol. I just converted my sliders to Heisman with that Excel thingy

Old 10-28-2008, 03:32 PM   #15
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
I replayed the Texas Tech @ Texas game using my Heisman sliders and lost 14-24. I think that is my first loss playing straight up with the CPU since September. I lost the game when a red zone fade route to Crabtree got deflected and intercepted while I was up 14-10. Texas got momentum and then demolished me on a deep post where I actually knew I called the wrong coverage (SS in man, not deep zone) and Shipley got the inside track on the DB to the house.

Of course I'm not happy that I lost (actually was quite pissed) but it felt real and I can point out the plays that lost me the game and that's what building a slider set is all about.

what are your sliders on heisman

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #16
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

35/35
0/0
20/15
40/60
75/40

90/50
100/75
0/0
40/90
45/35

Special teams remains the same

HFA on
QB quiz OFF
6-8 minute quarters

I know the sliders look as if they favor the human AI, but if you know like I know...the built in cpu boost is enough as it is. Break block is a biggie. They jump off the line quick enough at default, but with it at 90 its gonna be damn near impossible to have a very productive ground game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »