Home

Set Them and Forget Them

This is a discussion on Set Them and Forget Them within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Set Them and Forget Them

Haven't been around lately; haven't had internet access and won't for some time to come, which is also to say I most likely won't post any responses here - at least not for a while. Still figured I'd drop by to say hi and to post the sliders I've been using for anyone who's interested.

To avoid getting into a ton of details, I'll just say this. Eight games into my current season, I've won a game 41-7 and I've lost a game 48-7; of the other six games, only one was decided by more than ten points. In other words, the potential for me to lay the wood is there, the potential for me to get blown out is there, and yet still the majority of games are close. Rock n' roll, right?

HUM/CPU

QBA: 35/35
PB: 0/0
WRC: 0/0
RB: 0/100
RBA: 35/65

Everything at zero for both on defense except AWR (100 for both).

In terms of level, I know I designed these while playing on Varsity, but to be honest, I'm unsure which level I'm currently on - and I don't even want to look, if you know what I mean. Literally, it could be Heisman and it could be Varsity. I don't know. Point being, the 41-7W/48-7L pair of games is all I want to know.

Laters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Set Them and Forget Them

Did you happen to throw 5 INTs in the game you lost?

With those sliders on a high difficulty, you're not going to be accurate at all and with a weak QB you can easily throw 3 pick 6's in a game.

Losing is far from the only pre-req for a good slider set IMO, but to each their own. I'd just like to see what your INT totals are.
Old 10-30-2008, 02:56 PM   #3
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

35 is actually a good number. we player a entire season last year in dynasty with it a 35. i had 24 td's and 12 ints'. the best qb in the country was a hum also. we moved cpu d awarness up to 100 this year so we went to 40 on hum qb acc. this is as high as i would ever go. its already easy enough to throw 70%.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

QBA varies depending on the difficulty level. I have a general rule of thumb that each level jumps/drops about 5 points for QBA.

On Heisman, I have human accuracy at 40. I think the QB has too many crazy throws at 35 or less. On AA, I think human accuracy of 35 feels good.

On Heisman, I think setting the cpu QBA at 35 is OK. You don't see many inaccurate tosses but you do have to start worrying about the speed of the passes which can get a little slow. For AA, it needs to be higher for the cpu.

Just my two cents.
Old 11-01-2008, 01:49 AM   #5
Pro

m00d's Arena

OVR: 7

Yea QB ACC of 40 on Heisman will allow even mediocre QB's to win the Heisman with a good user controlling the team. I've moved us to 30 which requires a elite QB to accomplish this.
At 50 every QB in the game is a super star, at 40 the vast majority are super stars, at 30 only the elite few are super stars.. Makes you recruit for the A THP and B+ THA guy, and even he will struggle his frosh year. This also makes pocket passers the smart choice since scramblers rarely have the arm strength and accuracy needed to be effective at this setting.

One could go as low as 25 but then only the 91+ THP/THA QB's would shine. At 30 a 88/88 guy can do well and a guy above that can light up the field. The mediocre QB's can still do very well at 30 one just has to use them as a mediocre qb and not try to force things. Build a strong running game and defense while you try to recruit that future NFL QB. haha

EA please give us more sliders next year and keep everything else the same, that's all I ask.
I'll drop a loaf the day I see QB ACC and QB Arm STR as independent sliders.

Oh lawdy done drank too many keystone lights and got to play my OD game.
I'm 4-5 this season so this is a must win to keep any bowl hopes alive.
Gonna poke the bat in the dug out in hopes it will hep me concentrate.
Prolly be to paranoid to pass the dayum ball! SACK!! (Detached Groin 5 Weeks)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
Yea QB ACC of 40 on Heisman will allow even mediocre QB's to win the Heisman with a good user controlling the team. I've moved us to 30 which requires a elite QB to accomplish this.
At 50 every QB in the game is a super star, at 40 the vast majority are super stars, at 30 only the elite few are super stars.. Makes you recruit for the A THP and B+ THA guy, and even he will struggle his frosh year. This also makes pocket passers the smart choice since scramblers rarely have the arm strength and accuracy needed to be effective at this setting.

One could go as low as 25 but then only the 91+ THP/THA QB's would shine. At 30 a 88/88 guy can do well and a guy above that can light up the field. The mediocre QB's can still do very well at 30 one just has to use them as a mediocre qb and not try to force things. Build a strong running game and defense while you try to recruit that future NFL QB. haha

EA please give us more sliders next year and keep everything else the same, that's all I ask.
I'll drop a loaf the day I see QB ACC and QB Arm STR as independent sliders.

Oh lawdy done drank too many keystone lights and got to play my OD game.
I'm 4-5 this season so this is a must win to keep any bowl hopes alive.
Gonna poke the bat in the dug out in hopes it will hep me concentrate.
Prolly be to paranoid to pass the dayum ball! SACK!! (Detached Groin 5 Weeks)
ea already said they are completely overhauling the sliders next year. that is great news. its only been what 8 years. i just wish they would add 4 more sliders for qb's, five if you seperate throwing power and acc but acc could be removed all together.

i think this is how it should work and used to put this in wish lists around 03-05 but nobody from ea was around then.

for qb acc have
short throws
med throws
deep throws

this could be something like 10 yards and in for short and so on and this could tie in to dropping real deep but if they put in what madden has where the symbols disapear after dropping to far(tie this in with awarness so freshmen are in the dark sooner).

then all you would need is
throwing power
throwing on the run (i think this would keep pocket passers in the pocket more but there are some pocket passers that throw really well moving) this has been a long time needed.

the most important position in college football and they have two ratings that affect their passing. LAME!

i really like qb acc at 35 for the sliders we play on. actually the d is already all over our wr's and its hard to get them the ball. we had to go up to 40 just so guys could complete a pass over 30 yards. the d was just sucking anything deep up. didnt want everone to start running just playaction all day or screens since its sim and everyone was throwing alot of picks. i could get by with 30 but im a run team. in practice mode 35 is pretty close to natural ability.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »