Home

CPU/CPU Mode Sliders and Settings

This is a discussion on CPU/CPU Mode Sliders and Settings within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #49
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CPU/CPU Mode Sliders and Settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C Unit
Thanks for all of your insights, so with QBA below 25, WR Catch above 75, and all DEF sliders at 0 you were still seeing a ton of INTs even with Defensive Aggresiveness set at 0?
The problem is that the QB will put too much loft on passes beyond 15 yards and the DB will always win in a jump ball situation. Even though they drop half of the balls they should catch, it still means 3+ INT against any bad QB.

I think we're getting good completion percentages with QBA at 35, so I'd leave it there.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have been using DKrause1971's rosters and the "Accurate Run/Pass ratios for Dynasty Mode" posted by RAZRr1275 from the NCAA strategies website. Do you recommend a different roster or ratio? Currently my Run/Pass ratio is set at 39, and my RBs have been getting a good amount of carries in the beginning of games, but I have been coming from behind in almost every game in the 2nd half, which leads to a much higher pass ratio like you said.

As far as my ypc, it might be my playbook, however I don't believe I have seen any back I've faced besides Joe McNight from USC and Evan Royster from Penn State get over 4 ypc (I've also faced Stanford, Utah, WSU, Wash) and the only reason they did is because of a long run, so it didn't feel like their run game was dominant like it should have been. As far as my run game, I was pleased with how McCants played vs. Washington, although he didn't quite average 4 ypc, the run game felt more consistent and he seemed to always fall forward for positive yardage. Also this helped Rodgers as he was able to take advantage of the fatigued D with his fresh legs. I'll test another couple games with this strategy and post my results to see if the run game improves.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:02 PM   #51
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The C Unit
I have been using DKrause1971's rosters and the "Accurate Run/Pass ratios for Dynasty Mode" posted by RAZRr1275 from the NCAA strategies website. Do you recommend a different roster or ratio? Currently my Run/Pass ratio is set at 39, and my RBs have been getting a good amount of carries in the beginning of games, but I have been coming from behind in almost every game in the 2nd half, which leads to a much higher pass ratio like you said.
That should be fine. I've been using a modified version of DKrause's rosters from November because I wanted to make a lot of changes to skill ratings and really focus on team ratings. DKrause does great work given he's a one man show, but a lot of the changes he makes to bring ratings down are to AWR and the skill ratings that don't change OVR often get left untouched. I probably have some depth chart errors and equipment errors, but those are minor compared to how a team plays for me. Those run/pass sliders should work just fine as well, they are great for sim play.

I think you just may have a power running playbook and need to have the lead a bit more going into the 2nd half to really establish a run game. I'd personally go with Rodgers as the lead back, but put Offensive Subs to 100 to get some decent carry distribution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 06:48 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

What do you think about the numbers from my 'player lock' game yAk?
Old 01-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

I have been using the default rosters. Is that a problem?

Also, there are two sets of sliders in this thread that were updated on 1-3-09. One set is on the first page, and the other is on the second. Which should we be using?

I am 4 games in, and my running back is averaging 2.8 yards a carry, and my quarterbacks have thrown 9 picks.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #54
Rookie

By the way, I am using UCLA and a balanced offensive play book. I was using the west coast through the first two games, and my offense was terrible.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #55
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay
I have been using the default rosters. Is that a problem?

Also, there are two sets of sliders in this thread that were updated on 1-3-09. One set is on the first page, and the other is on the second. Which should we be using?

I am 4 games in, and my running back is averaging 2.8 yards a carry, and my quarterbacks have thrown 9 picks.
1. Default rosters are a huge problem if you're trying to get some realistic results. If you just want to play, then it's not a problem at all. Get someone's updated rosters (DKrause or FairdaleKings are two popular and updated sets) and start over.

2. Use the set on the first page. I had an update on 12/22 that I posted to the 2nd page and edited the post to add that date.

3. If you're using UCLA, they should have pretty weak QB's so 9 INT through 4 games isn't really unheard of but it does sound a little bit high. Make 100% sure that you are setting Defensive Aggression to ZERO for both teams before every game. That means you have to change your opponent's aggression too (trust me, easy to forget sometimes).

Start the dynasty over and use the files and settings from these threads:

Rosters: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ers-360-a.html

Offensive Run/Pass: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...e-sliders.html

Defensive Run/Pass: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-dynasty.html

Good luck and come back to let us know how the games are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 08:42 PM   #56
Rookie

How do I get those on my x-box, though? I am kind of new to this, and I don't have an x-box live account, and also on dial up.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »