Home

Defensive Run/Pass Sliders for Dynasty

This is a discussion on Defensive Run/Pass Sliders for Dynasty within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2008, 07:24 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Defensive Run/Pass Sliders for Dynasty

I am HookemHorns from Utopia. Good Job with these, I was just about to start back up with this project now that I have enough data on this season. What is your formula for the defensive sliders and what data are you using for aggression?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #18
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlood
I am HookemHorns from Utopia. Good Job with these, I was just about to start back up with this project now that I have enough data on this season. What is your formula for the defensive sliders and what data are you using for aggression?
I'll need to get to my home PC to post the formulas, but here is the basic overview.

Defensive Aggression
Data Used: Turnovers Forced from 2006-08, Interceptions from 2006-08, Sacks from 2006-08

The formulas weigh 2007 data as the most important, followed by 2008 data. Then there is a formula to normalize the data on a 0-100 scale. My goal was to get the Median and Average of the range between 45 and 55 and still have values on the extreme ends. While this method won't exactly duplicate the results of the 2008 season, they will make teams play more like their real life counterparts. Teams like Boston College and Wake Forest have forced turnovers consistently over the years and have high Def Agr values using my formulas.

Defensive Run/Pass
Data Used: Total Plays Defended from 2007-08, Pass Attempts Against from 2007-08, Pass Yds Against Per Game from 2007-08, Run Yds Against Per Game from 2007-08

There were about 5 formulas and I can't remember enough to describe them fully right now, but they pretty much took a team's pass defense compared to the league average and divided that by a team's run defense compared to the league average. That number was multiplied by the percentage of plays against that were passing plays that the team saw each season and then multiplied again by the passing defense on a yds per game basis versus the league average.

I probably just confused the hell out of you there, but at the end of the day the data supports which teams usually stop the run and which teams usually stop the pass.

The only factor I'd still like to look at is a team's defensive playbook and the number of defensive run versus pass plays in it (similar to your offensive formulas). Since my results have been much better in the sim engine so far I haven't really felt the need to go into that level of detail yet.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:06 PM   #19
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone2117
If you need any help with the testing of the aggression, let me know...PM me or whatever.
Thanks, all help is appreciated since this is pro bono. Open invitation to you and everyone....

I need 2008/9 sim results from 2 dynasties. Use the same exact rosters and settings for each dynasty and select Western Kentucky as your team.

Put every team's offensive aggression at 0 for the first dynasty.
Put every team's offensive aggression at 100 for the second dynasty.

Then I need to know the top 5 and bottom 5 teams and values for the following stat categories:

1. Interceptions thrown
2. Passing TD's
3. Fumbles lost

And I'll need to know the top 5 players for the following stat categories:

1. QB - Yards per completion
2. QB - Completion %
3. HB - Yards per carry

I've done this myself, but need more data.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »