Home

QUASI HEISMAN/AA SLIDERS

This is a discussion on QUASI HEISMAN/AA SLIDERS within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: QUASI HEISMAN/AA SLIDERS

These are horrible.

Won 75-14 against Texas Tech. I was USC.

Wasn't even a challenge. 4 INT's on Defense. Got good pressure on the QB though which was a plus. I think I had about 5 sacks.

Offensive passing was way too easy. Everyone was open.

Bad Overall.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
These are horrible.

Won 75-14 against Texas Tech. I was USC.

Wasn't even a challenge. 4 INT's on Defense. Got good pressure on the QB though which was a plus. I think I had about 5 sacks.

Offensive passing was way too easy. Everyone was open.

Bad Overall.
They are simply horrible for you, not for me. Sliders are all subjective which was why I tried to qualify my skills as a gamer before you tried these. I'm not a great passer. You are clearly better than me.

You are better off trying Fistofrage's Heisman sliders or creating your own slider set. These sliders are easier than Heisman default if you didn't realize that.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sorry I had to be harsh, I'm just frustrated because I tried the "not for the faint of heart sliders" below this one and it kicked my ***. Now it's too easy. I want the perfect set or at least close to it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoops737
Sorry I had to be harsh, I'm just frustrated because I tried the "not for the faint of heart sliders" below this one and it kicked my ***. Now it's too easy. I want the perfect set or at least close to it.
If you found passing too easy on mine (and you won't be the only one), I can only suggest that you raise the cpu defensive awareness significantly (try 75 or more). Also, if the cpu is throwing too many interceptions, I would boost the cpu QB accuracy that I have (which might be a little too low at 35 - boost to 50+) AND drop human defensive awareness (maybe 50 or less?).

Sometimes the best slider set is the one you create on your own. Hopefully you can find something that works for you. How did you find the human and cpu running games? Was running too easy for you? You might want to tone down human running back ability as well if that's the case.

Edit: I should add that if you user catch, you might be able to hit the deep ball too easy and fight the cpu DBs for the ball. You should consider increasing the cpu knockdown slider if that's the case. I'm not a great passer so I don't have these issues. It's hard for me to have a positive TD/INT ratio at the end of a year. I'm usually on the negative side depending on my personel.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 12-15-2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #13
Rookie

phatjoe's Arena

OVR: 2

I am giving these a shot considering I agree with every word in your original post. AA is too easy and Heisman defaults just plain cheats.

I will post some stats....I am in my 5th year of an online dynasty with my buddy and I.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:27 AM   #14
Rookie

phatjoe's Arena

OVR: 2

I was NC State VS Georgia Tech and won 70-14

I had 18 carries for 276 yds and 9 TD.

I also was 10-10 passing with 1 TD and 0 INT.

Way too easy. I used Fist of Rage's sliders and I was in the game until less than 30 seconds in the 4th quarter and lose as time expires. It is like the computer cheats. These sliders are too easy and AA is way too easy.

I agree that it is all based on user skill set, but there has to be a happy medium out there somewhere. I am going to try to mesh these sliders with fist of rage's and see what I get.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:10 AM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Man, some of you guys are just plain good. I simply can't improve. Good luck in finding something that works. Fistofrage's slider set is much harder than mine. He would not like these at all either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

I am back playing '09 and having some fun. I still think the cpu will never generate a consistent running game in '09. I actually think the cpu runs the best on Varsity and that makes no sense to me. The only way to have the cpu run well is to boost the cpu RBA and drop human tackling so they all look like Barry Sanders and bust a bunch of tackles for long runs.

Oh well, I'm just living with NCAA 09's flaws and having a good time. I'll just say again, if anyone can hang with the cpu on default Heisman, don't waste your time with these. These sliders are really only good for those normally accustomed to AA and I only play the cpu.

I'll also mention that the slider in '09 are just too weak. The blocking sliders do little and the awareness sliders aren't much better. I think the knockdown slider has a greater impact on pass defense than awareness does.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-08-2009 at 09:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »