Home

QUASI HEISMAN/AA SLIDERS

This is a discussion on QUASI HEISMAN/AA SLIDERS within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:25 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: QUASI HEISMAN/AA SLIDERS

ima try these out, thanks man.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:33 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I am back playing '09 and having some fun. I still think the cpu will never generate a consistent running game in '09. I actually think the cpu runs the best on Varsity and that makes no sense to me. The only way to have the cpu run well is to boost the cpu RBA and drop human tackling so they all look like Barry Sanders and bust a bunch of tackles for long runs.

Oh well, I'm just living with NCAA 09's flaws and having a good time. I'll just say again, if anyone can hang with the cpu on default Heisman, don't waste your time with these. These sliders are really only good for those normally accustomed to AA and I only play the cpu.

I'll also mention that the slider in '09 are just too weak. The blocking sliders do little and the awareness sliders aren't much better. I think the knockdown slider has a greater impact on pass defense than awareness does.
I personally don't see how anyone can play with the default rosters in NCAA 09 because that is the biggest problem IMO when it comes to game play not the sliders.

The reason you see RB's not doing a damn thing with the default rosters is because they suck and the OL sucks just as bad.

Now I don't expect anyone to do this but if your a fan of some of the older College Hoops or MLB The Show sereis you'll know what I mean. Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that a company in this case EA releases a game that has very good potential but their default rosters effect the actual overall game play and stops the game from from performing at a higher level.

That is the case with NCAA 09 which is a good game but the only way to reduce it's game play flaws is to edit the players in a way that we would have treated College Hoops, MLB The Show or NFL 2K5 to bring out the best game play.

They have RB's in NCAA 09 with vision ratings lower than DB's and LB's. They have Defenders with higher catch ratings than WR's and RB's.

You don't believe I'll give you one example Purdue's Default DT #73 has a catch rating of 62. Now think about this you can go and lower a players catch rating down to 30 and he'll still make a catch but he'll drop quite a few balls. Now imagine having 15-20 defenders on each team with a catch rating at 60+ combined with QB's that have awareness less than 60 littered throughout the game.

That is why you see a turnover festival most games.

I'll give you another example that relates to why the RB's are so bad at finding the open whole.

Northern Illinois's top RB #20 has great attributes in speed, agility and acceleration. But look at his ball carrier vision rating it is set at 70. That is terribly low IMO because even with his excellent speed ratings he's going to miss an open running lane 8/10 times.

Another reason why the RB's don't react well is because there's no common sense by EA when they do assign a high Ball Carrier vision rating.

For example RB #1 for Missouri has 88 vision which is great but his downfall now becomes his actual overall awareness in the game which is set at 68. In this case we have guy that can see the whole open up but he's not smart enough to follow his blocking to that open whole.

In contrary you'll see stuff like LB's and DB's that have better vision than starting RB's. That is the major problem with the game the ratings have no balance what so ever. The OL hardly ever have players smart enough to read blocks and that causes a domino effect with the CPU running game.

Now like I said earlier I don't expect anyone to really edit these things because hey it's time consuming and NCAA 10 is about to release. Personally you can get the same game play in NCAA 09 that would in NCAA 10 but you have to fix **** your self. On the other hand I've played the demo of NCAA 10 and the same problems exist for the CPU running game. Mark my word your going to have to dummy down the Human defense even in NCAA 10 just for the CPU RB's to play effective CONSISTENTLY.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-08-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:46 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Editing rosters is just too much work for me but I definitely see your point. Plus, you can't edit the rosters throughout dynasty and after a couple years you will get many cpu generated players that will feature the old values again.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:14 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Editing rosters is just too much work for me but I definitely see your point. Plus, you can't edit the rosters throughout dynasty and after a couple years you will get many cpu generated players that will feature the old values again.
It's really not that much work since your not creating teams and players.

If your using the default rosters all your basically doing is tweaking ratings. IMO the only way I would suggest sticking with NCAA 09 is if your going to utilize the ratings to make the game play similiar to what you'll get if you bought NCAA 10.

I could give a ton of ratings that would basically re-program the game to play outstanding. But instead if your just wanting to fix the CPU RB's and the CPU pursuit angles on defense then I think it's worth spending a few hours to edit those things if you plan on saving your self $60 bucks and sticking with this version of the game.

Who cares about the new recruits you'll get 2-3 years of Dynasty play that provides you with a better overall gaming experience.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

Last edited by Playmakers; 07-10-2009 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:02 PM   #21
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

do you have any rosters besides the all-time rosters that you have fixed,or do you have like spreadsheet on what to change in the rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2009, 09:18 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
do you have any rosters besides the all-time rosters that you have fixed,or do you have like spreadsheet on what to change in the rosters?
Depending on if I like NCAA 10 or not I'll probably do edited default roster ratings in NCAA 09 myself.

I'll waite until someone releases an updated roster file for the 360 then go in and edit all the ratings myself to fix the running game, passing game and defensive pusuit angles in NCAA 09.

I would actually have to see the rosters for NCAA 09 before posting edits that need to made to all the top players on each teams. It would have to be handled differently from my All-Time teams because most of these players won't be as talented as the guys on those rosters.

Trust me I can do some great things with the rosters if people don't have a problem with the CPU players being much smarter overall in the game. The end result if you've ever used any of my roster files for NBA Live, NCAA March Madness or NCAA 07 and 08 is that the overall team ratings will go up which some people might not like but for those who don't mind and just want great game play then you'll use the rosters and just enjoy the action down on the field where it matters the most IMO.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #23
MVP

jorge380's Arena

OVR: 13

Playmakers your work speaks for itself,can't wait.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #24
Rookie

emark182's Arena

OVR: 4

Just started a Dynasty Game with these sliders

Toledo (Me) vs Purdue
7 Min Quaters

Will post results

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »