Home

PSP Passing Game FIXED!!!

This is a discussion on PSP Passing Game FIXED!!! within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #1
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
PSP Passing Game FIXED!!!

Hey all. So I just got the PSP game for Christmas and like all the other posts on this board was greatly frustrated. I could pass a little on the CPU but even on Heisman, the CPU had zero offense against me if the teams were evenly matched. I tried screwing around with the sliders on AA and Heisman but couldn't come up with a good mix. The best I had was playing on Heisman and being dominated by the opponent defense and just hoping to score on turnovers by my dominating defense.

Well its all changed now. Screw sliders. There's a EASY quick fix that makes the passing game on both sides come to life. In the slider section you see options for pass, run, and catch assist that are all off by default. Just turn on CATCH assist. Thats it. After that, you'll be amazed what happens. Both the CPU and human passing games improve immensly. It seams that the QBs are more accurate, but the most noticible change is that the WRs really go after the football and catch and hold onto the ball. No more constant drops, drops when getting hit every single time, or drops just because its in traffic. I'm telling you, this takes the passing game to a whole new level and makes the CPU passing game a threat.

In my first game after this Army vs Navy(me) I played on Heisman and Army threw for 4 TDs in the first half alone. My offense was much better against the CPU on Heisman, throwing for 1 TD in the first half and two running TDs. The running game really opened up because the CPU had to respect the pass. I stopped the game at the half because I couldn't stop the CPU from passing against me at all.

After this I played a half on AA, same teams. Score was 14-14 at the half. Army had two passing TDs, 130 yards passing at the half against me on defualt AA sliders at the half. I had a good balance of rushing and passing yards against the CPU. I stopped the game there to write this thread.

This was all on default sliders. This game went from being completely lobsided with absolutely no CPU offense to actually a good balanced game, just by turning the catch assist on. I don't get it at all, but it's a miracle change. Try it out for yourself.

My guess is, the best settings will still be on AA, probably with decreased human INT slider and improved cpu run block sliders to help out the cpu running game, but I doubt that other sliders will need changed much.

If only there was a quick fix for the fumbling... but I can live with that now that the game is MUCH more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: PSP Passing Game FIXED!!!

I will have to try this and see what happens. If you can find a fumble fix that will be awesome, that has been the biggest pain besides passing.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:12 PM   #3
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

Yeah, unfortunately, I don't think that'll be as easy of a fix. Although, once both teams can pass the ball, the fumbles are still an annoyance, but at least the game is playable and actually fun.

Let me know if you're getting as good of results as I am just by turning on catch assist.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

Maybe I just got lucky for the first few games after this, but recently I'm not getting as good of results as I did before. The catching does seem better, there's no doubt in my mind there, but I definitely think more slider adjustments are needed to make the game play realistic.

I'm thinking CPU passing and run blocking at 75 and CPU defensive awareness at 99 on All American; all else set to default. That seems to be about right after a game or two.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
Rookie

I'm still having a lot of incompletes from the CPU. Though, once I took the suggestion of uping the run blocking they started running the ball more. I haven't upped the pass blocking yet up the QB accuracy with some success. Also, to try and fix the fumble bug, I turned on Even Teams. First game still had fumbles, but they were in situations they would actually happen and happened about half as often. Went from 8-9 a game to 4-5 combined CPU and human. 2nd game I've had two fumbles, one was my fault though and the CPU has had none so maybe that is the key to the fumbles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2009, 09:46 AM   #6
Rookie

Even teams seems to be helping the fumble issue. I am noticing less fumbles. I had to up the game to Heisman though to get the AI to start completing some passes but it is still not a lot of completions.
Old 01-06-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

Only problem with that is by putting even teams on kind of makes the game kind of pointless. I don't want to play Navy vs USC and have the same experience when I play Navy vs Army. Its college football, you should have very difficult games that you just shouldn't win, and you should have easy games you really should not lose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »