Home

Young J's Hesiman Sliders. Betad for 30+ games. Tested for 10

This is a discussion on Young J's Hesiman Sliders. Betad for 30+ games. Tested for 10 within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Young J's Hesiman Sliders. Betad for 30+ games. Tested for 10

Is anyone else finding these sliders kind of easy? I mean, they're not bad sliders by any means. But I'm 7-1 with Miami and I'm using DKrause's rosters and with his rosters, Miami isn't that great...79 offense, 87 defense, and I think 81 overall. And yet I'm 7-1. My only loss is to Florida St. And I've upset #5 Florida AT Ben Hill Griffin Stadium 27-14. My last two games I beat Duke and #16 Wake Forest by a combined score 100-17...beat Duke 62-7 and then Wake 38-10. I don't know. I don't consider myself that great at this game, yet I'm 7-1 with a mediocre team in the ACC with an upset win against Florida and a blowout win against #16 Wake Forest. Who knows...I'll keep playing though. I'm having fun with these sliders though and that's really all that matters. They just seem a tad easy...but then again, I was up by like 20 points against USF and they managed to come back and push it into OT, and USF is pretty bad...so who knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 09:52 PM   #42
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburn387
Is anyone else finding these sliders kind of easy? I mean, they're not bad sliders by any means. But I'm 7-1 with Miami and I'm using DKrause's rosters and with his rosters, Miami isn't that great...79 offense, 87 defense, and I think 81 overall. And yet I'm 7-1. My only loss is to Florida St. And I've upset #5 Florida AT Ben Hill Griffin Stadium 27-14. My last two games I beat Duke and #16 Wake Forest by a combined score 100-17...beat Duke 62-7 and then Wake 38-10. I don't know. I don't consider myself that great at this game, yet I'm 7-1 with a mediocre team in the ACC with an upset win against Florida and a blowout win against #16 Wake Forest. Who knows...I'll keep playing though. I'm having fun with these sliders though and that's really all that matters. They just seem a tad easy...but then again, I was up by like 20 points against USF and they managed to come back and push it into OT, and USF is pretty bad...so who knows.
Duke and Wake also suck. Neither team's speed matches up with Miami's. Florida State's did. And Florida sucks when the cpu has them cuz of the lame play selection. I have beaten the crap out of UF on all type of sliders

Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 AM   #43
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Duke and Wake also suck. Neither team's speed matches up with Miami's. Florida State's did. And Florida sucks when the cpu has them cuz of the lame play selection. I have beaten the crap out of UF on all type of sliders
Yea it's probably just a coincidence. Miami isn't that bad and they're in the ACC....which isn't a good conference.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334

Duke is pretty bad, but 62-7? And I was up 62-0 with a minute to go in that game, but they got a cheap TD at the very end. I mean, they're bad. But I don't remember ever slamming a major conference school by that much except Kentucky who I beat like 70-20 one year, but that was with a much better team than Miami. Wake doesn't suck though. With DKrause's sliders they're the exact same as Miami except 2 points better on defense, yet I beat them 38-10 and their QB threw 6 interceptions. I don't know. I'll keep playing. I did lose 1 game already and I still have a few more games against some decent teams, and one game against VT. I'll give you an update when I'm done with my season.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #45
Rookie

Anyone lose a game here? The results seem solid, but I'd give more credibility to these sliders if everyone didn't post 3-point wins and say it was awesome. I'd rather hear some stories of people getting stomped 49-7, but saying it was legit. But maybe that's just me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by noles_acc
Anyone lose a game here? The results seem solid, but I'd give more credibility to these sliders if everyone didn't post 3-point wins and say it was awesome. I'd rather hear some stories of people getting stomped 49-7, but saying it was legit. But maybe that's just me.
how bout you try them out and report back.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:32 AM   #47
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6

I figured I would try these out for a couple of games, seeing as how my online dynasty needs revamped sliders. The jury is definitely still out on these...

I was Baylor and I defeated Texas A&M 38-31. Sounds good, right?

Baylor

Passing: Robert Griffin III - 223.6 QB rating, 18-25, 318 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT
Rushing: Jay Finley - 20 carries, 54 yards, 2.7 ypc
Robert Griffin III - 9 carries, 87 yards, 9.6 ypc
Receiving: Ernest Smith - 4 receptions, 134 yards, 2 TD

Texas A&M

Passing: Stephen McGee - 203.5 QB rating, 16-24, 297 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT
Rushing: Mike Goodson - 17 carries, 82 yards, 4.8 ypc
Receiving: Jeff Fuller - 4 receptions, 87 yards, TD
Ryan Tannehill - 4 receptions, 82 yards, TD

I (Baylor) had two turnovers, with one being a fumble on my first punt return that was returned for a touchdown by A&M. McGee threw one interception, but plenty of bad throws (as did Griffin). Most of Griffin's throws felt terrible and made me not want to throw the ball on short/intermediate plays. I'm going to play @Texas next and report back.

Last edited by Brnto4life; 01-31-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:43 AM   #48
Banned

Brnto4life's Arena

OVR: 6

Well, what I was afraid would happen...happened. I'm convinced Heisman difficulty is simply broken on NCAA 09. Heisman has terrible Situational AI and calls some of the dumbest plays you could imagine on both sides of the ball (Quarters Engage Eight?!?). Anyways, here are the stats...

I was Baylor and I upset Texas 35-19. This game wasn't EVEN close...

Baylor

Passing: Robert Griffin III - 189.7 QB rating, 13-17, 190 yards, 1 TD, 0 INT
Rushing: Jacoby Jones - 14 carries, 52 yards, 3.7 ypc
Robert Griffin III - 8 carries, 93 yards, 2 TD, 11.6 ypc
Receiving: Thomas White - 3 receptions, 95 yards, 1 TD

Texas

Passing: Colt McCoy - 140.6 QB rating, 22-32, 243 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT
Rushing: Chris Ogbonnaya - 12 carries, 44 yards, 3.6 ypc
Receiving: Brandon Collins - 7 receptions, 83 yards, 2 TD

It should be noted that I very rarely scramble on pass plays. Most of Griffin's rushing yardage came on option keepers and a QB draw. With that said, I think that I am officially done with Heisman on 09.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »